Stupid things people say when they hear you're dieting

Options

Replies

• jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I was told today by a co-worker that I am "the biggest yo-yo'er" that he's ever known! Wow....I thought no one noticed :)
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    "Come over for breakfast, do you want sausage, bacon, bologna, or all of the above with your fried eggs?"

Try Atkins or any of the array of low-carb ketosis lifestyles, then you can astound her with your ability to pack away all of the above. :smile:
  • crystalkiss
    crystalkiss Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i hear this all the time too! Just because I am 6 ft tall does not mean i should weigh close to 300 pounds! now with diet and exercise I am getting further and further away from that 300 lb mark.
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    Well it must all be in your boobs, why do you want to lose those?

Yes, you are correct. My breasts are ginormous. Which causes back pain, trouble sleeping, can't find a thing to wear, bras cost 60 bucks at the cheapest. Which is a BIG part of why I want to eat well and balance out my body and get down to a nice small DD!!!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    If they know I am doing a lifestyle change, they still ask "Do you want some cake?"

Yeah. "Come on, it's your birthday! Have a couple pieces of cake. Eat whatever/as much as you want!" No, I'll have ONE little piece and maybe a scoop of low carb ice cream. I'm being good goshdarnit! :P

Come on, ONE shot of heroin is NOT going to kill you.

I'll have to use that at the Mother's Day cookout on Sunday. :laugh:
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It gets on my nerves when my family knows that I'm dieting but they'll insist me to eat 3 pieces of cake, urghhh
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    MIL, all of it.

"You lost 50lbs? That's a good start!"
    "You lost 50lbs? 60 more and you'll be almost as skinny as Karen (sis-in-law)"
    "You're doing great chickie, so I made you a big batch of chocolate chip cookies."
    "Come over for breakfast, do you want sausage, bacon, bologna, or all of the above with your fried eggs?"
    "Take these snack cakes home with you, I can't eat them because I need to look good in my swimsuit for Bermuda!"
    "Looking good... so far."

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE STOP "SUPPORTING" ME. :sad:

Is there some law that says your MIL has to be like that?!?!
  • mollsred06
    mollsred06 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    "here i bought dounuts for breakfast."
    -thanks *kitten*.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    this is the type of diet my son will be on when he can eat solids. he will not ever know what mcdonalds tastes like. even if it requires lying to parents and telling them he is diabetic. We live in a day and age where we know more about health than ever before, there is no excuse for children going up obese in todays world.

This is what I'm going to do when I have a baby someday. I'm practicing making all these healthy foods not just for me but for my future husband and children so we may live a healthy life together. Such a difficult concept right? I think getting my boyfriend to eat better is going to be the hardest part, he loves his wings and mozzarella sticks. :laugh:

my husband and I eat the exact same way. its great.

We've only dated for about 10 months...I got time. And he's gotten a lot better since I've met him too. He's even started hitting the gym more and is cutting back on soda. :P
  • dawsonsed
    dawsonsed Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOL - my mom said I should store all my fat clothes under my bed. "Honey you might want to keep those clothes for when you'll need them again..."
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    "So, you don't eat real food anymore?"
    "You're obsessed with working out!"
    "I like you better with meat on your bones. You were too skinny before you gained weight."
    "People your age (I'll be 55 on Friday) can't lose weight. Just resign yourself to staying heavy!"
  • juliee274
    juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    "How did you do it?" I counted calories and exercised. "Ohhh" in the most disappointed tone ever.

^^^ This exactly. They ask how you are doing it and then roll their eyes and zone out when it's not just a magic pill or something.

This? Made me LOL. Exactly. What we should say is "Yes, it was a magic pill! I can get you one, too, for $$$$$, COD!" :tongue:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    "here i bought dounuts for breakfast."
    -thanks *kitten*.

HILARIOUS!!!!!
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    " All you ever eat is salad" *turns and eats their fries supreme

Oh.. thanks, I'm so glad I have you following me around all day and making sure I'm eating properly.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    "are you sure you don't want this? otherwise I'm just going to throw it away"

Yep, I so want to be your garbage disposal.

You know, I used to pride myself on being the garbage disposal... *SMH*

Me, too. Imagine how much less work this would have been if I hadn't taken that job so seriously. (sigh).
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    When ordering new scrubs for work...

" Are you sure you want to order a smaller size pant? What if you gain it all back?" (my scrub pants are literally falling off of me BTW)

to which I replied... "I won't!"

Same girl today at our nurses week luncheon... " Want a cookie...oh wait I forgot your on a diet!"

NOT A DIET....LIFESYTLE CHANGE...WHICH IS WHY I WON'T GAIN IT BACK!!
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what my husband does ))) he'll be like , why r u so angry all the time, calm down , eat something !!! Very helpful:grumble:
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    not sure if its stupid, but it was frustrating to hear:

"you'd think the weight would be just dropping off with all this running you're doing"

^ uh huh totally this...i don't talk about the running much b/c then people give you the once over and wonder:

'why isn't she stringy like a runner?'
    'how fast are you?'

i just like running. yes, i'm slow. why do people have a problem with that?
    It's hard to explain that I like to do something that I'm not particularly good at. :laugh:

FOR SURE. I was a personal trainer, too, and I KNOW what I'm supposed to be doing (and I do it). It just doesn't work for me the way it worked for my clients... I can go run 7 miles and yes, coworker, I can swing that 25lb kettlebell ("you don't need 25lbs!" she says as she eyes my chubby bicep)... I'm working on finding the right combo for ME, and working on getting some medical issues ironed out so the weight will start to come off.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    heh. My mom and dad on Skype last night

Mom : So when you get here, give me a list of whatever you don't/cant eat and i will get just those things for you
    Me : No ma, you don't have to shop separately for me, i will manage fine with whatever you have :)
    Mom: *in an annoyed tone* Yes but i don't want you to make a fuss when you get here!
    Me: No ma, it will be ok, i'm not picky.
    Mom : yeah...you never were...which is why you're this way now!