Stupid things people say when they hear you're dieting

Options

Replies

• chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Awesome topic! I keep this mantra in my head when people spout their ridicule: "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."
  • mr_rat
    mr_rat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    "What are you going to start wearing spandex and going to Yoga class too, you can go with my wife."

One of my friends trying to be funny, Isn't he funny?
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    " I don't know how you got to this point to begin with"
  • fayglet
    fayglet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    "Men don't like fat women. You should lose some weight... Oh, try some of my cake! No really, I slaved over this just for you!" - grandmothers, sigh!

"Don't lose any more weight - you won't be healthy!" (Yes I will, I'm still 50ish lbs overweight)

"You aren't fat, you're perfect!" (If I run out of breath while running for 5 minutes, I'm not perfect or healthy! This is about lifestyle, people!) - said by my skinniest friend all the time.

"Your food is so healthy, we should cook together!" - followed by friend opening a bar of butter into my food.
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    "Why not just do drugs again? You were skinny when you did them before."
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Can't you just have whatever you want for one day?

You aren't fat, you look healthy!

I know, I feel totally bloated today too!

(these and more from my dear friend who is 20 years older than me, and actually HALF my weight... yes, HALF... tall, thin, ectomorph, can still wear the same clothes she wore in HS after having TWINS... must be nice... she just does not understand!)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Well it must all be in your boobs, why do you want to lose those?

Yes, you are correct. My breasts are ginormous. Which causes back pain, trouble sleeping, can't find a thing to wear, bras cost 60 bucks at the cheapest. Which is a BIG part of why I want to eat well and balance out my body and get down to a nice small DD!!!

Frankly, you'd lose two easy pounds if you shaved that 'stache. :-D
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    These are so funny!

I get "wow you're ten stone? I never guessed you weighed that much" ALL the time! Yes I "carry it pretty well", that doesn't mean I shouldn't want to lose some fat, gain some muscle and be a healthier weight for my height!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    "Should you be eating that?" :explode: (in front of other people especially)
    Thanks for being so helpful by shaming me in a group. Awesome. I'm an adult and I'll take care of myself, thanks. This is why I didn't tell anyone when I started this journey back in 2009. When the pounds started coming off and people started noticing, certain co-workers decided it was their place to judge anything they saw me eat. Not your place, jerkface.
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    "Go eat a sandwich"

The sales clerk in the store told me this when I found out this company doesn't make bras small enough for me any more. And so I don't sop there any more.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    "Why not just do drugs again? You were skinny when you did them before."

Now that's just harsh. That's low. It takes a lot of work to get off drugs, and lots more work to lose weight, why just throw it all away :(
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    "How did you do it?" I counted calories and exercised. "Ohhh" in the most disappointed tone ever.

^^^ This exactly. They ask how you are doing it and then roll their eyes and zone out when it's not just a magic pill or something.

This? Made me LOL. Exactly. What we should say is "Yes, it was a magic pill! I can get you one, too, for $$$$$, COD!" :tongue:

Once I answered "cocaine...lots and lots of cocaine." and walked away. Started that rumour quick.

I am dying on the floor right now. That's perfect!
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Mom, there is a skinny man inside me trying to get out.

Just the one dear?

I love your mom!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    OH! Oh! OHOHOH!!!

“What’s for Dinner tonight?”

“Well, grilled chicken, asparagus, and a salad…”

“Oh, that sounds good. What are you making for us?”
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I worked at a women's gym as a personal trainer and I think the WORST comments came from other trainers who had no idea what I weighed, but knew I was trying to lose... them being snarky talking **** about members to each other "well walking on a treadmill at 2.5mph holding 2lb dumbbells won't help your 200lb *kitten* lose weight!" Umm... I'm right here and *I* weigh 200+lbs... and I work my *kitten* off... but thanks, jerks.

(No, I didn't say that, because I was embarrassed to be the "fat" trainer... hindsight, right?)
  • lesanncan
    lesanncan Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hubby asks: "What's wrong"

Seriously dude, I'm hungry, I'd love to rip that damn white chocolate dipped vanilla ice cream pop right outta your hands, instead, I get to nibble on 1/4 cup of unsweetned, organic granola for a snack.

I AM THE SAME WAY!!!

*me I hope i can fit this L shirt for the event in a month
    *mom its ok i bought u a XL too, just in case

thanks mom!!! XP
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Mom, there is a skinny man inside me trying to get out.

Just the one dear?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:
  • adeedoos
    adeedoos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hubby, when I told him yes we could stop at Denny's for breakfast. I just was not going to order anything......"Man I wish I married me a fat wife who liked to eat out with me..." Then we bust out laughing because I was 40 lbs heavier when we dated 15 years ago.
    Again, way of life, not dieting.....
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    "Don't lose too much weight or you will look funny"
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I literally just got called a food nazi, by a co-worker; In front of my daughter while she handed her a brownie the size of her head.