12 Weeks Until Halloween=Let's Do This!

Options

Replies

• bnewag123
    Options
    I second that motion. Sounds like a wonderful idea. I'm sure everyone would love to see all of us in our Halloween glory.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    that's a cool idea Tanya!! it definitely adds to the motivation :laugh:

ok yesterday was how do i say........not so good. and i decided to soothe myself with food.....all day!!!!!

needless to say today i feel so bloated and gross. i am working all day ( massage therapist) so at

least i can get some calories burned and definitely chug my water between clients.

ok i can't beat myself up i need to look forward and keep moving :flowerforyou:

i just have to come here and vent to you guys!!!! have a great sat....i'll be back tonight :drinker:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I still dont have any costume ideas, Im mostly in it for the fact that my bday is the 29th and a band that Im friends with and a huge fan of has a cd release show the day after my bday.
    If I can go out on my bday and go to that show the day after with at least more confidence than I had when I joined than I be more than satisfied.

Although Id LOVE to get into a size 9 by then. Single digit sizes? yes please.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Checking in... 1 lb for me this week. :smile:
    Last week 173 lbs
    This week 172 lbs
    Halloween goal 11 lbs (167 lbs)
    5 more to go!!! :happy:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Almost there...True weigh in ina couple of days. Got get strength training more though!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    hey all!!!! i don't know what's wrong with me but i have really been slackin on my loggin:grumble:

luckily i do feel like i am keepin it under control....maybe a lesson i am finally learning???

how have you all been doin?????

i am definitely feelin halloween is comin it snowed here in denver yesterday ( last day of summer):noway:

talk soon:smooched:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Ive been logging, but I havent been working out much if at all. I feel guilty as hell about it, too.
    Im hoping that considering I got into a size 10 a couple months into working out and dieting that I can be in a 9 by my bday if I step it up like...NOW.
    If now...size 9 by turkey day or bust! :laugh: :laugh:
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    yay!!!!! i dropped 2 and a half this week. i know most of it is the water weight gained from TOM but

still i feel sooooo much better just to be back in the 130's :happy:

so gonna keep on keepin on and i will see you guys later!!!!!!!

Happy Wednesday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Gained another pound, pretty clearly not going to reach 200 pounds even by Halloween.

Not really trying to lose weight right now. I'm lifting heavy, supplementing protein, doing cardio. Eating a 500 calorie a day deficit, so I should be losing a pound a week - but no, I'm gaining muscle mass and a little bit of weight. Now seeing my abs for the first time in about a quarter century.

"I do realize that this violates the laws of physics - but you see, I never studied law!"
    <<Bugs Bunny>>

I'm happy with it though, I'm feeling great. Making excellent progress. When i started lifting a few months ago I loaded my dumbells up with 20 pounds, then 25, then I had to go buy more iron to get to 30, then 35, just bought iron again to get them to 40 and it's just enough, probably go 45 next week. It's way cool. Need to measure bodyfat % again. :laugh:
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Down 1/2 pound. Moving in the right direction again, yeah!!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    :flowerforyou: yay all!!!!

Casper that's great! i know you want to get in the 200s but you are kickin some major *kitten*!!!!

i am feeling really good about this thread....if you can't tell....i kinda post all the time :laugh:

i have tried to join groups on here before but never really felt motivated or connected by one so this is

great!!! :smile:

how is everyone feeling??? i did take measurements today as well and am down a half inch in my

waist :love: i can't believe it!!! i just read a bunch of articles of success stories on Fitness Mag and

you know how they give you all these diet plans??? i just kept thinkin MFP is the only way. i mean how

are you suppose to learn how to eat if you don't do the loggin and see for yourself where you are goin

wrong???:ohwell:

just a thought....talk to ya soon friends!!!
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone:flowerforyou:

I finally lost some weight after not moving for a month. I am down 2 pounds this week. Since I don't have much more to lose I've noticed what works for me is the 2 snacks in between the main meals and also doing the zig zag, so if I go over my calories one day I try to be under the next and so on. Its working for me. Hopefully it will keep on working, if not I will have to get more creative.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tanya
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    tanya...congrats on the 2 pound loss:flowerforyou: i agree with you in the fact that because we don't have much to go it's really going to come of slowly! i still have a number in my head as far as weight goes but i am also trying to focus on measurements. i think this will be a good way to put it all in perspective. i am taking the measurements about every 2nd or 3rd weigh in.

i am trying to get motivated to go walk!!! i am just having a slow start to the day but am off so i will definitely get it in. hope everyone has a great day!!

ang :drinker:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Gained another pound, pretty clearly not going to reach 200 pounds even by Halloween.

Not really trying to lose weight right now. I'm lifting heavy, supplementing protein, doing cardio. Eating a 500 calorie a day deficit, so I should be losing a pound a week - but no, I'm gaining muscle mass and a little bit of weight. Now seeing my abs for the first time in about a quarter century.

"I do realize that this violates the laws of physics - but you see, I never studied law!"
    <<Bugs Bunny>>

I'm happy with it though, I'm feeling great. Making excellent progress. When i started lifting a few months ago I loaded my dumbells up with 20 pounds, then 25, then I had to go buy more iron to get to 30, then 35, just bought iron again to get them to 40 and it's just enough, probably go 45 next week. It's way cool. Need to measure bodyfat % again. :laugh:

WOOOO!!! Go Tough Guy! :love: :flowerforyou:
    That's great you're adding weight and building muscle.
    Seeing some abs instead of weight loss is a pretty good trade??? :bigsmile:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Checking in... no change for me this week. :grumble:
    Last week 172 lbs
    This week 172 lbs
    Halloween goal 11 lbs (167 lbs)
    5 more to go!!! :smile:
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    ok now a two pound GAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is very frustrating....

does anyone else's weight fluctuate this much????????????

i was looking at my log and it really seems to move up and down over and over then will move to another category and do the same ( such as hover around 144-146 then 142-144)

just wondered if anyone else is experiencing this???
  • skywalker
    Options
    amcclure,
    I've been having a similar issue, but I've been stuck in the 170s for what seems like forever. I lose a lb then nothing for a week or so, then maybe 2 lbs if I'm lucky, then nothing. I'm trying to step my cardio back up this week and see if I can finally break into the 160s. Over the whole month of September, I only lost 4 lbs. I'm shooting for 6 through October, so I'm adding 2 lbs to my previous goal. Maybe that will kick my butt into gear.

New Halloween goal 165!! 7 more to go!!! :tongue:

Hang in there, amcclure!! :drinker:
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Checking in, down 1 pound, yeah!!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    hey sky....thanks! it's comforting to know i'm not alone :happy:

i swear my attitude fluctuates as much as my weight ....uuuggggghhhhh :grumble:

i feel good today but geez i just want to get a consistent feeling :wink:

at least i have you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck today everyone :flowerforyou:
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound this week. Amcclure, I am in the same boat as you. I either don't move, move a little or gain. Hopefully we'll loose more soon.

-Tanya