What was your WORST binge ever?

Options

Replies

• Antjebeth08
    Antjebeth08 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Two fully loaded Chipotle burritos. One was to eat on the way home the other I ate once I got there followed by a pint of Ben and Jerry's. Sooo delicious yet so unhealthy, like 3 days worth of food.
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    Big bag of Ruffles Potato Chips with Sour Cream and Onion Dip - The entire bag of chips and dip.
    20 box of Chicken McNuggets with Honey dipping sauce
    1 box of Krispy Kreme Orginal donuts

I feel sick just thinking about it or could it be the mini vanilla cookies I just got out of the vending machine and ate because I did not bring enough healthy snacks for me to eat today. Now, I have the worse headache. Sugar crash!!!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. I feel like I am not alone in this. Binging has always been an issue for me, even as a child. I still struggle with night time binging and that is what is holding my newest weight loss attempt back. Day time is not usually as much of an issue.
    A typical binge used to be (certainly not the largest, just a typical day) a KFC chicken dinner with 4 pieces of chicken, fries, gravy, salads etc and some sort of large cake desert. I would then eat 5-8 more pieces of chicken in the evening after it became cold along with a large bag of M&M's and a large bag of chips or cheese popcorn. This was on top of a regular, but not low calorie, breakfast and lunch. I could probably eat up to 8000 calories on a bad day :( I still could if I am not very careful.
    I sympathize with others who have the issue of wanting to binge before starting a "diet" because we feel we won't get to eat these foods again. This happened just last week. The games my mind plays is 99% of my problem
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You know the frozen spinach dip from Trader Joe's? The one that claims to be 8 servings? I proved them wrong, on more than one occasion. Totally ate the whole thing myself. It was over the course of the evening and in place of a real dinner, but still ... the whole thing of dip plus whatever chips or crackers used as the vehicle for the dip, plus wine.
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    theres been too many to remember lol! id say my worst one must be like a whole large dominos pizza with 8 garlic and herb dips, tub of B&J and like some sort of sweets & alcohol with it! the entire days calories must have been over 10,000.

lol no wonder i used to be 282 pounds :P I can still eat a whole dominos pizza no problem tho! hhahha just dont do it on a regular basis anymore :P
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    There's a few bad ones that I can remember.

- 3 pints of Ben & Jerry's, luna bar, two bananas, lots of peanut butter afterwards.
    - 2 jars of peanut butter (the PB & Co ones, not those large tubs of PB)
    - 11 granola bars and a lot peanut butter
    - 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's, 200g yogurt, 2 more cups of icecream. That ended up being 3,000 calories.
    - 4 slices of bread with butter, lots crackers with butter, 3/4 of a cheesecake, then some more crackers with butter after I purged that.
    - A whole box of chips ahoy chocolate chip cookies with loads of peanut butter, and cereal. The food wasn't even mine, I felt terrible about it even though the person never found out it was me.

:frown:
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ohhhohoho you're funny. This is a great thread :)

My worst was probably a whole back of salt and vinegar chips to myself.. one of those humongous ones. And they I had dinner. Ha!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Easy one, aside from my time spent as a teenager. It was five days on a cruise ship eating everything and ordering room service just because you can. Pointing to the menu at dinner and telling the waiter "Bring me one of everything except desserts...bring two."
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily see it as a "binge", but others might.... We used to go to chinese buffets and I would do about 3-4 plates full with shrimp and lobster.... shrimp with butter & red pepper, fried shrimp, and lobster with mayo.. Totally unhealthy. Last time I went there, I was so full and so thirsty.. Drank a liter of water and threw it all up. (I was just so full, it got the best of me...not intentionally)

Everytime we ordered pizza, I ate half of the pizza, plus a bag of Sour Cream & Cheddar chips (a small bag you buy in a gas station)

In a day...this is what I'd consume:
    Breakfast: Jimmy Dean: Sausage/Egg/Cheese Crossaint/Muffin
    Lunch: Subway: Oven roasted chicken on wheat w/ Pepper jack cheese, lettuce, light mayo
    Dinner: Anything fast food....Fazolis: Ultimate sampler or pizza from Papa Johns (usually sausage and mushrooms Would eat about 1/2 of it ).
    Real Hacienda
    (Our friday ritual: mexican restaurant which consisted of tortilla chips, grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, melted white cheese, refried beans...could never eat the whole thing...usually about half along with a tossed salad: lettuce, sour cream and a slice of tomato...
    or a HUGE slice of grilled chicken topped with a lot of melted white cheese and onions with mexican rice and pico de gallo..along with a tossed salad which consisted of lettuce, sour cream, and slice of tomato..also served with 3 soft tortillas!)
    ALONG with 3 bags of tortilla chips, 3 salsas, 1 cheese dip, 1 guacamole dip... (we usually ate 1 bag and half the day of...ate the whole cheese dip and guacamole and 1 1/2 salsa....mostly me) The rest would be saved for the next day. :x
  • lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    Options
    I used to eat a whole pack of ramen noodle soup, sometimes 2. entire box of Mac and cheese, entire can of salmon, entire box of cereal in about 2 days, large box of chicken lo mien, a carton of chocolate milk, strawberry, banana milk, a box of entenmann's chocolate chip cookies or donuts.

I can go on and on..
  • JessieRodinson
    Options
    One time I had a whole box of weetabix, I think that's like 24 weetabixes? Topped with loads of sugar as well. I remember looking down and seeing my stomach expand
  • kaleynichol
    kaleynichol Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    80+ pounds ago, it was an average day to stop by Taco Bell and order: 1 cheesy fiesta gordita, 2 soft tacos, 2 hard tacos, 1-2 fiesta potato soft tacos, pinto beans and cheese, cinnamon twists (honestly, I may have left something out...) and I would take it home, plop down in front of the TV, and binge out. Then, of course, I had to have dessert, which may include an entire Ben and Jerry's or half of a cherry pie/pan of brownies... whatever I had around the house, really. I was very depressed and in a horrible relationship, so obviously food was my escape/comfort, but I still can't believe I was able to consume so much!!!
  • kaleynichol
    kaleynichol Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. I feel like I am not alone in this. Binging has always been an issue for me, even as a child. I still struggle with night time binging and that is what is holding my newest weight loss attempt back. Day time is not usually as much of an issue.
    A typical binge used to be (certainly not the largest, just a typical day) a KFC chicken dinner with 4 pieces of chicken, fries, gravy, salads etc and some sort of large cake desert. I would then eat 5-8 more pieces of chicken in the evening after it became cold along with a large bag of M&M's and a large bag of chips or cheese popcorn. This was on top of a regular, but not low calorie, breakfast and lunch. I could probably eat up to 8000 calories on a bad day :( I still could if I am not very careful.
    I sympathize with others who have the issue of wanting to binge before starting a "diet" because we feel we won't get to eat these foods again. This happened just last week. The games my mind plays is 99% of my problem

You are absolutely not alone. We had a potluck at my work last week, and normally I stay AWAAAAY from the tables and do not even glance over to see what delights I am "missing out on." But I gave in and let myself have some of whatever I wanted. I realized at a certain point I wasn't even eating the piece(s) of cake and other desserts because I WANTED them... I wanted to EAT them because I never have sugar or any other junk food anymore.

Most days I honestly do not feel deprived with my low-carb lifestyle, but sometimes it gets to me, and I really miss the days when I just ate without abandon and ENJOYED THE HECK out of all kinds of unhealthy things. The fact of the matter is that dieting is 90% willpower/effort/conscience thought and 10% actually eating better things. Our brains play games with us constantly. But looking in the mirror today (or looking at my "fat" pictures haha) are enough to remind me that what I am doing with my lfie is waaay more important than getting to indulge every single day.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Probably a few Burger King Meals.

I can remember having a bad day at work and going to BK for 2 whopper meals: one with cheese (yes with fries oh, and of course diet coke! can't have too many calories!), a Whopper Junior and a pie and their strawberry shake- LARGE)
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Apparently today...the damn milkshake from Chick Fil A....banana pudding, small size is 780 calories! WTF?!??!
  • eodtech89d
    eodtech89d Posts: 32
    Options
    Worst binge ever was after I came home from Iraq the second time after having to eat so little food for an entire year and losing weight in a very unhealthy way, first stop after landing was straight to McDs. I had 3 quarter pounders with cheese, it was delicious when I was eating it, but boy did I pay for it the next day..:laugh:
  • amanday88
    amanday88 Posts: 68
    Options
    oh gosh I could kill a whole frozen pizza, bag of doritos, taco bell!
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    A whole large pizza plus a peanut butter sandwich and a quarter bottle of vodka and some jolly rancher candy.
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    Well I have to say this thread makes me feel not so alone ;)

I would say that some of the examples on here probably qualify just as "overeating" if they comprised, say, eating one high-calorie item or meal... To me *personally*, I feel like a "binge" is really marked more by specific triggers, a complete feeling of loss of control, and the weird "high" that accompanies it.

The whole pizzas followed by dessert, etc. I can totally relate. ugh.

While I can't quantify the worst binge I ever had in terms of caloric amount, I can definitely say *some* of the worst binges qualitatively were when I found myself eating really weird/gross food -- microwave meals (like, pot roast, and other nasty stuff), flavored instant oatmeal RAW OUT OF THE PACKET, an entire sleeve of sugar-free cookies that in a normal mindset taste like sand, dry melba toast, etc.

It's embarrassing to type almost but I feel like that's when, holy ****, you're really binging for a screwed up emotional reason -- when unappetizing food comes into the picture.

I took a while to really get a handle on it, but if anyone else struggling with this, I'm here for ya! :flowerforyou:
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    Had a 16" pizza with cheesy wedges twice in recent weeks (yup, ate the lot) but they were cheat meals so didn't really feel guilty. Back in the days before the health kick though my one binge meal I fondly remember was a KFC mega feast... Two Zinger Towers, Two Twisters, Two Large Fries... And a Diet Coke (wtf) lol. Had to lie down for an hour in the office straight after!

Oh, the Diet Coke on the side IS SO ME. Or sometimes at the end I would finish with fruit because, I don't know, I felt like it was a somehow "cleansing" touch. So screwed up! I feel like we are 12-steppers swapping war stories here, and in a way, I guess binging is really a form of addiction...