What do you eat for breakfast? Bored of egg whites!

Options

Replies

• IAmFranciscoB
    IAmFranciscoB Posts: 125
    Options
    one fried egg served over a bed of spinach with a tablespoon of salsa on top.

or

either apple or a banana with peanut butter and some gluten free buckwheat crackers.

my gf cannot have any gluten products so ive adopted her diet as to my own and its been great.
  • kristybenner
    kristybenner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :smooched:
  • Snubbleup
    Snubbleup Posts: 66
    Options
    Greek yogurt with raw honey and a deep chocolate VitaMuffin.... Yummmm! :love:
  • GiulsB
    GiulsB Posts: 3
    Options
    I tend to find ways to jazz up egg whites with different veggies and then alternate that with oatmeal topped with blueberries and a few crushed almonds.... but the oat bran pancakes just gave me another option and blew my mind! yes yes yes, will be trying! Thank you!
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have grilled bacon and tomatoes once or twice a week
    a slice of buttered toast or special k with banana and raspberries or other similar fruits with orange juice No milk
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    Most mornings for me it's 2 dessert spoons of full-fat Greek yogurt, 25g raspberries, 25g blueberries and 30g nuts and seeds all mixed up.

Sometimes it's 2 whole eggs scrambled with 10g butter and maybe 20g grated cheese.
  • ronanoo
    ronanoo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    porridge and bit of sugar! low fat milk of course
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I can see why you are bored!!! How about a weightwatcher bagel at around 150 calslightly toasted with low cal margarine and marmite, or 2 boiled eggs with some ryvita crispbreads, or 2 dry fried eggs on 2 slices of low cal brown bread.......?
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    1. High fibre oatmeal (brown sugar and pecan- yumm) with 1/2 skim milk, banana, tbsp peanut butter and coffee with tsp of cream
    2. 2 hard boiled eggs and toast
    3. Multigrain or plain cheerios or fibre one cereal

I love breakfast, I try not to eat the same thing everyday though. Greek yogurt would also be good.
  • asouls
    asouls Posts: 1
    Options
    I make a breakfast shake using about a cup of baby-spinach, 1 frozen banana, a bit of peanut butter, and some water.

The banana makes it nice and creamy without needing to add milk.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I just need some new breakfast ideas. Lately I've been eating a chopped up laughing cow cheese, weight watchers american slice, and egg whites and making an egg mug for breakfast each morning. But now I'm getting super bored of it and I need some new quick and easy breakfast ideas. Help!

Try the whole egg. They taste a lot better, and the yolk has all the iron and nutritiony goodness you need.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Mini quiches in cupcake lined cupcake pan; with mushroom, spinach, (cheese if you like), sun-dried tomatoes...

or

Oatmeal, stevia and hazelnut milk.

Or

a smoothie; I put frozne organic strawberries, acai puree (unsweetened), hazelnut milk, protein powder, blackberries. Or sometimes blueberries and almond butter and I always add spinach and/or some coconut milk yogurt.

Or

2 boiled eggs with sea salt, and some almond/coconut milk together.

Or

gluten-free hot dog corn muffins (I buy a mix, make it in a cupcake pan and add Applegate gluten-free/hormone-free/100% beef dogs in it) and my son loves it. I use honey to sweeten the mix.

Or

left overs from the night before like chicken, quinoa, or chicken and veggies, etc.

Or

apples, celery and raw almond butter together.

Or

Juicing; organic apple/celery/carrot mixture

Or

bowl of fruit; fresh pineapple, kiwi, organic strawberries, blueberries

Or
    Yogurt with granola on top

Or
    I could keep going... LOL

Or
    gluten-free pancakes with applesauce and cinnamon (I freeze them).

p.s. why are you eating so little? That is not very much fat or energy for a morning breakfast in my opinion.
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    Flaxseed muffin?
    Avocados are very filling
    BACON!! ( turkey )
    Egg salad

or a thick protein shake with your favorite protein powder, avocados ( to thicken it), vanilla essence, Spinach ( you wont taste it! )
    and milk or cream

I'll have to try that protein shake except I would use a coconut/almond milk blend but it would still be low carb, great idea, thanks!

ps you just reminded me that I will do an omelet or scrambled eggs mixed with egg whites as well with spinach, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes or whatever you like (zucchini fried up) and add salsa on top.

Sometimes I even have a salad for breakfast, organic romain, organic baby spinach, can of chicken breast, apple cider vinegar/olive oil mixture, carrots/celery, nutritional yeast (gives it a cheesy taste if you like), crushed pecans or other nuts on top for crunch. Sometimes I even crush up a boiled egg on my salad as well.

I also do egg salad for breakfast, too...mix mayo and mustard, sea salt and put over a bed of spinach leaves.
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    Leftover steak for bfast is awesome!
    I had a steak for breakast this morning with a piece of toast.

You could also try any other Food.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    For the last 2 days I've been eating 3 fiber and flax corn tortillas with 2 (or 3) scrambled eggs and some kind of meat... first day it was turkey breakfast sausage, second day was spam, and it held me for a good 4 or 5 hours, which is a HUGE feat for me... I typically eat every 2 hours because I'm always hungry lol But I guess the mix between the fiber and protein helps a lot. I always try to incorporate protein in my breakfast, but sometimes I just want a stack of pancakes! lol
  • Milette812
    Milette812 Posts: 32
    Options
    Option 1: 1 hard boiled egg (70 Cal) plus one wedge light laughing cow cheese of choice, I like french onion (35 cal) mashed together and spread on 1 toasted thin bagel (110 cal) served open face

Option 2: 1 hard boiled egg (70 Cal) lightly salted with sea salt and 1 toasted thin bagel (110 cal)spread with laughing cow light cream cheese, I like strawberries (45 cal) served on the side of the egg.

I usually have 1 cup of coffee with 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 tsp sugar, and one package Truvia. Balances out the taste for me.

Total cal count with coffee: Option 1: 257 calories Option 2: 267 calories.

Yum!!
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    To get away from the daily grind, Sunday brunch I make a crustless quiche with eggs, cream, gruyère, turkey sausage, and caramelized shallots. It is to DIE for. If you want a low-carb crust, you could use almond flour and it'd probably hold. :-)
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Just saw this today from Hungry Girl. Sounds yummy and only 272 calories:

HG's Cheesecake Flapjack Stack

Ingredients:
    1/4 tsp. sugar-free French vanilla powdered creamer (like the kind by Coffee-mate)
    2 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
    2 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda or Truvia)
    1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/3 cup whole-wheat flour

1/2 tsp. baking powder

Dash salt

1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)

1 tbsp. low-sugar strawberry preserves
    5 frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed and sliced
    1/2 tsp. powdered sugar
    2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
    To make the cheesecake topping, in a small bowl, mix powdered creamer with 1 tsp. hot water until dissolved. Add cream cheese, 1 sweetener packet, and vanilla extract. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Cover and chill for at least 10 minutes.

In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, remaining sweetener packet, and salt. Stir in egg substitute and 1/4 cup water.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add half of the batter to form a large pancake. Cook until pancake begins to bubble and is solid enough to flip, 2 - 3 minutes. Gently flip and cook until both sides are lightly browned and inside is cooked through, 1 - 2 minutes.

Plate your pancake. Remove skillet from heat, re-spray, and return to medium-high heat. Repeat with remaining batter to make a second pancake.

Give cheesecake topping a stir and spread half of it onto one pancake. Top with the other pancake and spread with remaining cheesecake topping.

In a microwave-safe bowl, thoroughly mix preserves with 1 tbsp. hot water. Add sliced strawberries and toss to coat. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until warm.

Top pancakes with strawberry topping, powdered sugar, and Reddi-wip. Chow down!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 2 pancakes (entire recipe)
    Calories: 272
    Fat: 1.5g
    Sodium: 697mg
    Carbs: 48.5g
    Fiber: 6g
    Sugars: 12.5g
    Protein: 15.5g

PointsPlus® value 7*
  • shrinkingviolet1913
    Options
    I eat Special K Red Berries and Arnold's Healthfull Flax and Grain bread with Land O Lakes cinnamon sugar spread. Sometimes I eat some raspberries or blackberries with it.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Eat the whole egg its good for you