Sports Bra at the gym - appropriate or not?

Options
I am curious about what people think of women who work out in a sports bra and workout pants/shorts. Is it considered appropriate or too much skin?? My gym does not have good air conditioning and I die of heat less clothes the better, but first I want some opinions. Thanks

Replies

• Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I do the same sometimes. I don't see a problem with it at all. I just find it a little humorous when a girl is walking around in a sports bra and not really working out just flaunting herself. Thats what a beach/pool is for.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    I say appropriate.youre going to sweat so if it keeps you cool go for it.about the too much skin well ill ask this to myself "am i going to workout or see whos wearing what ".
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it! I get super hot too and it keeps me cooler. I think it completely appropriate!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Absolutely appropriate! Especially when working out in a gym with no AC in summer! Anyone who feels otherwise is being too sensitive, if you ask me. There will be people who don't feel it appropriate, but as long as you're working out, I don't see a problem with it! I don't do it, but that's because I don't like showing off my belly. It's a me thing, not an appropriateness thing!
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    believe me if I didn't wear a sports bra I'd have two black eye !
  • lucythinmint
    lucythinmint Posts: 239
    Options
    Girl if you're toned or buff, sport it.

If not cover that *kitten* up. Seriously, I have not and will not ever get to sport just the sports bra look. I give other people the courtesy of covering up. I ask that they do the same. Love yourself at home in your house for your eyes only.

:grumble:

edit- a sports bra under workout clothes is also must. No matter who you are.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I wear a light t-shirt over my sports bra. When I see women in just the bra, I think they're trying to attract attention.
  • amylouisem
    amylouisem Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If thats what you feel comfortable in then go ahead!

Who has the right to judge?

I personally work out in a sports bra and leggngs with a huge top over the lot! But believe me if i felt right wothout the baggy top I'd whip it off!! Lol
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I wear a light t-shirt over my sports bra. When I see women in just the bra, I think they're trying to attract attention.

Being honest here, I have to agree.
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If your sports bra provides enough coverage and it keeps you from getting miserably hot while exercising, go for it. I think the main thing to be aware of is making sure it's nice and secure so there aren't any mishaps!
  • maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it shouldn't really bother anybody what people wear or don't wear to the gym. You are there to get your work out on and not pass judgement on anyone. So if you want to wear a clown outfit, a full face of make up or just a sports bra and shorts, you are still there to work out.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I dont mind, but for people who cant pull off that look, keep the shirt on... :indifferent:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of modest and usually cold, so I generally wear a T shirt. But no, there's nothing wrong with it.
  • anandaamrita
    anandaamrita Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Of course it's appropriate - and as far as I'm concerned. what you look like under the sports bra doesn't matter. I don't agree with some of the commenters who say only women with toned stomachs should wear just the bra. Wear what you are comfortable with and what contributes positively to your workout. You are at the gym for you - don't worry about what others think.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it shouldn't really bother anybody what people wear or don't wear to the gym. You are there to get your work out on and not pass judgement on anyone. So if you want to wear a clown outfit, a full face of make up or just a sports bra and shorts, you are still there to work out.
    This is great in theory. But I was just commenting about this lady at my gym that showed up today in a sports bra and a tiny tennis skirt. Then workout out on every machine that showed her vaj. It was distracting and disturbing. I am usually all for letting people do what they will. But this was over the top.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I'm sort of modest and usually cold, so I generally wear a T shirt. But no, there's nothing wrong with it.

Ditto. It's your own personal comfort level. I will wear a tank top with a sports bra, but that's my personal limit. If it hits 100 here this summer, though, that might change when I decide I value comfort over personal modesty :P
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I sometimes lose the shirt mid workout when I'm really getting hot and need a cool breeze to re-energize, I don't think I could walk in without a shirt on to start. Just me, that may be different when I've got more muscle, lol. And yeah, if you've got it then by all means flaunt it if you want. There will always be haters no matter what you do.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER personally wear my sports bra in public. I do see it as a bra, and I wouldn't walk around in any other bra. I think it's just the name, though - psychological thing.

However, they cover PLENTY. It's not like they're skimpy and revealing - they cover lots more than a bikini would. I think if someone's got the confidence to wear one in public, good on them.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Its no worse then wearing a bathing suit so I would say its a go!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    It's totally appropriate, especially if you're deadlifting or squatting or some other form of non-barbie weight lifting.