Zombie Apocolypse - What do you grab?

Options
macnotes
macnotes Posts: 210 Member
OK, so you're just minding your business and WHAM, you wake up one morning and zombies are everywhere and you've got to run to that pre-arranged location where it will be completely Zombie free. Quick, grab something that's light, but packed full of calories to help sustain you until you can start hunting and eating on your own.

What do you grab?
Me: Giant bag of chocolate almonds

Replies

• cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    almonds.... just plain almonds
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    The answer to your question is 'shotgun'
  • FightGirl83
    FightGirl83 Posts: 30
    Options
    Peanut butter. I would eat all the almonds in one sitting and then die shortly thereafter. The consistency of peanut butter would at least slow me down a little bit from inhaling it all.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    My AR-15 and 5 30 rnd magazines along with two sidearms!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options

How do you propose to eat those?
  • interceptor311
    Options

How do you propose to eat those?

With all that firepower, I can find anything I want to eat.
  • macnotes
    Options
    Oh wait, maybe I'll take a bag of flour...cuz with fire I could make it into a lot of stuff.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    This question is a moot point. We have learned from all movies and comic books that there is no such thing as a zombie free zone.

but if I have to answer

I would bring my shotgun and ammo. Shoot the people that are running with all the food who forgot their guns and take their food and serve their remains to the zombie horde.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My first thought was guns too! But since you asked about food... If we're limited to one thing (you didn't say specifically), I'd go with protein bars. If I can have a small bag of stuff, I'd also grab instant oatmeal, almonds, whatever we have for portable fruit, peanut butter and a spoon. And ramen noodles for hubby.
  • interceptor311
    Options
    This question is a moot point. We have learned from all movies and comic books that there is no such thing as a zombie free zone.

but if I have to answer

I would bring my shotgun and ammo. Shoot the people that are running with all the food who forgot their guns and take their food and serve their remains to the zombie horde.

More guns = less Zombies
  • collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My Zombie Apocolypse emergency kit. Food, water, guns and ammo.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I grab a gun. Then I can have any unarmed person's food.
  • interceptor311
    Options
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options

but if I have to answer

More guns = less Zombies

I like the AR 15 idea but not as effective as a shotgun.

AR 15- Mid range shoulder fired aim in weapon with one ammo variant

Shotgun - Mid to close range shoulder / hip/ or off hand fired weapon with several ammo variants (buck shot - slug and birdshot)

Handguns- Really only close range but effective

I would go with my Mossberg 590 - 10 rounds of zombie killing, all steel construction with a bayonet lug. Cant beat it.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

I like the way you think. Me, too. If it ever happens, I hope we never meet, though.
  • macnotes
    Options
    OK, so let's revise this question then, if you only remembered to grab your gun and you're going to be shooting people who forgot their guns and have only food. What stuff do you wish THEY remembered to bring so that you'll be rightly sustained?

and don't say "more ammo"
  • interceptor311
    Options
    a box truck to store more ammo
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    can opener
  • dizzydi1968
    dizzydi1968 Posts: 564
    Options
    Shish!! You americans and your guns its really quite frightening!!!!

Chocolate and wine would be my grab, I'm clearly either gonna get eaten by zombies or shot by one of the tooled up humans so | may as well die happy :drinker:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My 9mm glock and a buttload of ammo. I can live off the land for the rest. If I had to pick one non-weapon item, it'd be my waterproof boots.