I've lost the "why"?

Options

Replies

• Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I exercise because I want to be able to run, jump, ride bikes, swim and just play with my grandbabies! :heart: I don't only want to be alive to see them grow up, I want to LIVE along with them. :happy:
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    So I can continue to feel like the amazing BA I have become. For strength, confidence, and to inspire others.

:heart: Sass
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Reason one for me: calories to eat back.
    Reason two: fun! When I walk into my local Jazzercise its like Norm walking into Cheers. Everybody knows my name! When I leave I am sweaty, but energized!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Because I've lost the "why not."
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Because riding bikes and rollerblading is fun! Because every time I elevate my heart rate for cardio, it reduces my chances of heart disease and heart attack taking me too soon, which was a GENUINE concern for me a year ago.
  • LyndaOltz
    LyndaOltz Posts: 2
    Options
    I recently quit smoking and have daughters ages 11 and 21 and I wanted to start something as a family we can ALL do, so I entered us all in a 5k in July
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I love how sexy muscles look...even on women!! I drool over my own thighs LOL!!
    I want to feel beautiful in my own skin!
    To curb my chances of getting diabetes!
    To test myself and really see my strength!
    To add on a few extra years to spend with my kids!
    I like the way my skin looks when it is sweaty...LOL!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I exercise because it makes me feel amazing. I feel like a badass every time I prove my old self (and others) wrong and accomplish a goal that I never thought I would be able to do.

Oh, and endorphins, of course. If I don't do any cardio for a few days, I start to get really depressed. Who needs pills for depression when you can get a natural high that lasts for hours?
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Because the other day when I pounded Loki into the ground he survived so I must get stronger or Fury will cut me from team Avenger.

Have a nice day, Hulk
  • jkrod81
    jkrod81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I exercise because I feel super awesome when I finish. I also feel super crappy when I skip more than a few days of working out. I can out run my kids (I have 3 under age 6, so I need to be lightning fast). And to the person who said you get to eat more, well, that reason also applies to myself.
  • JohnnysJune
    JohnnysJune Posts: 32
    Options
    I have a whole list of reasons "why" I exercise.

-I cant go back to where I was
    -gets me off my butt
    -health
    -weight
    -release stress
    -wanting to be able to do more
    -to live longer for my children and husband
    -to look in the mirror and feel good about myself.

Im down 30 pounds (10 before MFP).
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Increasing the quality of my life as I age.
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    Because the other day when I pounded Loki into the ground he survived so I must get stronger or Fury will cut me from team Avenger.

Have a nice day, Hulk

Because Thor & Captain AMERICA work out and NO ONE's gonna say they don't look amazing :tongue:
  • kgchisholm
    kgchisholm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Stress relief!
  • pinto_bean
    pinto_bean Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Because moving my body every day makes me feel good. I sleep better and have fewer allergy symptoms. I feel all weird and spazzy when I go too long without a good sweat.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Because I feel better after I do it. Especially when it means I can eat more. :wink:

^^This
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Because I *LOVE* it!

No matter how fat I've been, I have always been a regular exerciser. Since I was a young child, I've always done at least one thing from this list: played sports, taken dance lessons, gone running/jogging, worked out at home with exercise videos, been a regular at the gym, rode my bike to school/work, walked everywhere, hiked regularly.

My parents are both athletic people and valued fitness and physical activity while I was growing up. Being active and exercising is simply a habit to me, and I honestly really enjoy it.

I think I would exercise even if it had no health benefits and had nothing to do with weight loss/maintenance.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    - to support my love affair with chocolate
    - sweating is fun
    - gives me something constructive to do
    - has shown me that I'm capable of more than I ever thought
    - allows me to play and play and play with my kid and not get worn out
    - free entertainment for the family (walking/running/biking together)
    - cheaper than therapy

Need more???

Yup!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Have a nice day, Hulk

Because Thor & Captain AMERICA work out and NO ONE's gonna say they don't look amazing :tongue:

Because it ain't easy being green...
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I see little old ladies walking around all bent over with osteoporosis and I don't want to be like that. I want a strong healthy body to take me into my later years (ok, and I'd like to look smoking hot on the boat in my bathing suit in the summer too :happy: ).