Zombie Apocolypse - What do you grab?

Options

Replies

• futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother grabbing food. I'd go to it! I'd grab my crossbow to make my way across town to Arby's and shack up there to ride it out. Mmmm roast beef sandwiches and curly fries.
  • zooblflot
    zooblflot Posts: 131
    Options
    For food - protein bars and skittles

For protection - my Stanley fubar and my homemade crossbow (no pictures yet as it's not finished yet).

55-120_mid_res.jpg
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    My AR-15 and 5 30 rnd magazines along with two sidearms!

How do you propose to eat those?

I asked him the same thing
  • bdhoward87
    bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A buddy of mine has MREs so I would probably grab one of those from him.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My grocery bag full of protein bars! :drinker:
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    While tempted to take my AR (distance / power) or 9mm (convenience / concealment) I might have to go with a silenced 10/22. Quiet enough to not draw attention, but just enough power to take out a zombie skull. Oh, and you can haul like 2000-3000 rounds without breaking a sweat.

That and beef jerky... Carbs will be easier to find than protein post-ZA... Twinkies are good forever, hamburgers turn fast!

Maybe something like this:
    ten22suppressed.jpg
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    My AR-15 and 5 30 rnd magazines along with two sidearms!

How do you propose to eat those?

I asked him the same thing

living off the land is possible, even in an urban environment.

also, I'd rather live hungry than be fattened-up zombie chow. :)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Shotgun of course. For the double tap. Have you learned nothing?!?

:laugh:
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    merlot in the giant big box.....dude its from grapes! and I can kill zombies with the ubber kick *kitten* large box!
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    think thats what my last taco was
  • Karlsmit
    Karlsmit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    all my big kitchen knives, my (filled) camel back day pack, all the energy bars in my pantry, rain jacket and hiking boots, then head up the steepest mountain. but I live in a highrise...so I'd probably be fairly safe here for a while don't you think?
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    all my big kitchen knives, my (filled) camel back day pack, all the energy bars in my pantry, rain jacket and hiking boots, then head up the steepest mountain. but I live in a highrise...so I'd probably be fairly safe here for a while don't you think?

Yes, while you wait for the pick up to the secret non-zombie lair which has been fully equipped with Zombie surveillance.
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sorry but forget about the guns.. Eventually they will run out of bullets or too close up, you're dead... I'm grabbing my scimitar and my sack of rice... Give me water (and maybe a pot too) and ability to make fire... I has foods...
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Once I've perfected my peanut butter (with a crunchy chocolate shell) machete, machine gun, revolver, and tank, I'll be good to go. It melts in my mouth, not in my hand.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Bow and arrow. I live in a remote area... herds of deer, bears, pigs, wild cats etc. I'd have plenty of food AND protection ;)
  • wgrape
    wgrape Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well, the consensus in my house? Mom will be one of the first zombies, so it will be a moot point for me! *moanmoanchompmoan*

Hubby? beef jerky
    14 yo? Slim Jim
    9 yo? Pretzels (we are still working on this one)

I will already be dead, dying or chasing them out of the house. Good luck! :drinker:
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Well, the consensus in my house? Mom will be one of the first zombies, so it will be a moot point for me! *moanmoanchompmoan*

Hubby? beef jerky
    14 yo? Slim Jim
    9 yo? Pretzels (we are still working on this one)

I will already be dead, dying or chasing them out of the house. Good luck! :drinker:

Pretzels are pretty light! And when the apocalypse comes, I'm sure there will be enough "dead" meat around that everyone will be looking for some salty snacks to go with it all.
  • wgrape
    wgrape Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are assuming that he would share!! LOL :noway:
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Machete.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm going to be hunting my food. Obviously we'd have some basic rations, but I don't want to be filling my bags with food when I could be filling them with ammo. In the real zombie apocalypse, I'm not going to trust that there are caches of ammo around every other corner like a video game. Running out of ammo scares me more than anything. Though I guess that's where the machete comes in.