Weigh less after pooping?

Options

Replies

• cadency
    cadency Posts: 51
    Options

If you're having regular BMs, the average BM weights about 0.8 oz. So roughly, that's half a lb of loss.

How is an eight of an oz. equal half a pound?

0.8 =/= 1/8th

I'm sick and barely functional. Sorry. That's my excuse! I meant 8 ounces :p
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Grab your poop and put it on the scale :P

Now that's just gross. Grabbing poop. I poop directly on the scale.
  • carly_pear
    carly_pear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I eat while pooping. It's kind of like eating back your exercise calories.

LMAO!!!!!
  • shannon8489
    shannon8489 Posts: 39
    Options

oh good idea
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    This is probably one of the funniest posts I have seen in awhile!! LMFAO!! However like you I go twice a week and tend to clog toilets on a good day! LMAO! Never thought I would share but I just can't help it after this post :blushing:
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options

If you're having regular BMs, the average BM weights about 0.8 oz. So roughly, that's half a lb of loss.

How is an eight of an oz. equal half a pound?

0.8 =/= 1/8th

I'm sick and barely functional. Sorry. That's my excuse! I meant 8 ounces :p

Lol :flowerforyou:
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Poop is a funny topic, but chronic constipation is actually pretty serious. It really can kill you. "Normal" is 1-2 bowel movements a day. At the very least, you should be pooping every 3 days. Though since you're taking a huge dump when you do go, you're probably okay (more worrisome if you're only going once a week and it's just a small amount). I have a family member like that, she only craps once a week but it's a 30 minute event and apparently it's massive (I'll take her word for it).

Still, you should be drinking plenty of water, getting regular exercise, and eating plenty of fruits and veggies. I know you said you've tried eating fruits and veggies before, but how long did you do it? I mean, if you eat a handful of carrots for a few days, that's not going to help. You need a high amount of natural fiber for a more significant period of time to see results. I normally eat a lot of vegetables and drinks tons of water, and you could set a clock by my bowel movements. LOL
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    That's hard to believe. There are babies that are born that weigh only 6 or 7 pounds. That is nearly half a baby coming out of your rectum. I would get it checked out because it is not healthy to go once per week. I normally lose from .4 to .8 lbs of weight after going.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I would be curious to know what your daily diet consists of? How many calories you consume each day?

well i eat about the same thing everyday

for breakfast i have a frozen breakfast biscuit thing with bacon egg and cheese and vitamin water with miralax and benefiber in it

lunch: turkey sandwich and some chips and maybe half of a can of pop

dinner: today all i had was a piece of bread but usually chicken and rice or spaghetti---you know, real dinner lol

thats about it

Well that explains it!! Where are all your fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds, etc?
  • Dan112358
    Options

oh good idea

You could make a game out of it with targets and stuff.
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    TMI:ohwell:
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Haha. This is what I needed to read. I really needed a good laugh. Keep it coming!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I would be curious to know what your daily diet consists of? How many calories you consume each day?

well i eat about the same thing everyday

for breakfast i have a frozen breakfast biscuit thing with bacon egg and cheese and vitamin water with miralax and benefiber in it

lunch: turkey sandwich and some chips and maybe half of a can of pop

dinner: today all i had was a piece of bread but usually chicken and rice or spaghetti---you know, real dinner lol

thats about it

Well that explains it!! Where are all your fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds, etc?

I agree with this and also make sure to keep your self properly hydrated
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options

oh good idea

Get on of those German poop shelf toilets and add a scale to it!
  • microwoman999
    Options

oh good idea

They do have catchers that just sit over your toilet! That would be much easier than touching it :flowerforyou:
  • kelr04
    kelr04 Posts: 15
    Options
    This is truly the funniest post ever!!!! This is the most fun I have had on MFP......Thanks for sharing your poop
    for all of us to enjoy!
  • Dan112358
    Options
    Haha. This is what I needed to read. I really needed a good laugh. Keep it coming!

She can't. She needs another week to develop another 3lb bomb. Haven't you been reading the thread?
  • Chigger56
    Chigger56 Posts: 105
    Options
    HOLY CRAPOLA!!! This forum has totally cracked me up today!!! First GYNs and now poop!!!
  • microwoman999
    Options
    TMI:ohwell:

LOL after your curious enough to open and read :bigsmile:
  • Dan112358
    Options

oh good idea

They do have catchers that just sit over your toilet! That would be much easier than touching it :flowerforyou:
    But where's the challenge?