what to do with cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• HelloKoto
    HelloKoto Posts: 2
    Options
    Cottage cheese + sour cream + brown sugar (or honey), raisins/nuts/fruit are optional.
    If I make cottage cheese myself I add just a little brown sugar without anything else.

Also, salted cottage cheese grains are great, I do not add anything there.
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like to leave it on the supermarket shelf and buy something else instead.
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I cut up a Granny Smith apple and mix the pieces with cottage cheese and I eat it with Thai Garlic Chili Paste to kick it up a bit. It's good to eat at night because of the Casein protein.
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I like to mix a little strawberry or raspberry jam into it. Yum.
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love it with beetroot and salad (as opposed to using cheddar or some other stinky cheese (I HATE all cheese except Cottage Cheese)).

Sometimes I have a tablespoon of it on a Dark Rye Rivita and a slice or two of cucumber to top it as a snack. Yum!
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Haha, I done this for years... But once I tried it, I can't walk past it in the supermarket without buying it :P
  • njh2008
    njh2008 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

As do I! The thought of eating it makes me gip :-( Think its the texture as i eat all other cheases even the smelly ones....
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I use it with hard boiled eggs, or egg whites to make egg salad instead of using mayo
  • jenjay76
    jenjay76 Posts: 42
    Options
    I LOVE it with salsa!
  • jenjay76
    jenjay76 Posts: 42
    Options
    OOOOO I'm going to have to try that!! I LOVE egg salad but HATE using mayo!
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    I eat it with chopped apples or grapes and crushed almonds. Its the perfect combo of protein, good fats, and complex carbs :)

Sometimes I eat it with hot sauce or add it to pastas
  • sweatingaway
    Options
    My absolute favorite breakfast is LivActive cottage cheese by Breakstone...I need help in the bathroom department:laugh: . Then I add a slice of diced apple, a couple of chunks of melon, a strawberry or two...actually whatever fruit I have available at the moment, but my favorites are apples, pears, melons, and strawberries or blueberries. You don't need much of any of them. I chop everything up into small pieces. They create a lot of crunch and volume...looks like a lot and Lord knows I don't want to see a big bowl with nothing in it. I add cinnamon ... to control sugar levels and add flavor, and if it isn't sweet enough for you...add a Splenda. Mix it all up and yummy. Best part...it keeps me satisfied for a long time.

Also, anywhere you use ricotta cheese, you can substitute cottage cheese. Hope it helps. I'm not much of a cook, but I know what I like. Good luck. Ooop! I forgot the teaspoon of chopped walnuts...love the crunch and it has Omega 3's to boot.
  • PinkGlitterGirl250
    PinkGlitterGirl250 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oo i love that one! I am going to try it for breakfast! Thanks for the idea!
  • evilbatwitch
    evilbatwitch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat it with plenty of pepper. Plus, it's *cheese*. nom!
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    Make smoothies/milkshakes with it! Sounds weird, but is really good!!!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I guess some diet foods never die.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I love mine stirred with fresh pineapple chunks.
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I blend it with egg whites for fluffier omelettes :)
  • DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just love it with Dole frozen cherries on top (thawed briefly in the microwave) and 1/2 tsp. of agave nectar or honey.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I just made this for dinner tonight http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ham-and-cheese-frittata-2/detail.aspx uses quite a bit of cottage cheese, I added some dried parsley and sweet basil also.