Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I wonder this every single day
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    It starts early on, if they were raised right, they would pick up after themselves!

Clearly messy people had horrible parents

Not what I said Homer, keep jogging....My statement does not imply that the parents were horrible, merely that they did not discipline as well as they perhaps could have.

So not horrible, just sub par?

I don't know Dorki, do you pick up after yourself..you tell me. What I do know is that I was raised to and I raised my children the same way. Bottom line is, if you want an organized and clean living enviroment you will do what it takes to maintain it...if not, live in filth and chaos unless your wife is willing to clean up after you all the time.

I pick up after myself at my own pace. If it does not meet your standards, am I living in filth?
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't see it as cluttered. More like organized chaos. People may not know where everything is but I do and that is all that matters.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    If you figure out the secret, let me know. My husband is such a slob. I love him dearly, he's a great person and has a big heart but he can't pick up after himself to save his life. It drives me crazy because I like to live in a nice picked up home without tripping over stuff
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who has a fiance that does all the cleaning in the house?? lol

I cook, he cleans. The only thing he doesn't do is the bath tub... He does it all - dishes, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, garbage, etc etc.... he also does the lawn work.
    i know i guy like that..he does everthing and his wife does nothing,and he spends all day working then cooking and cleaning....and bashes her to his friends for being a lazy wife

Well that sucks for her for being lazy...and for him for being an A-hole who b!tches to his friends instead of addressing the issue with his wife.

I pull my own weight thank you very much. I work long hours, earn more than him, cook all the dinners every night, pay all the bills, and I still clean as well... I think we have a perfect arrangement that works for us.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It starts early on, if they were raised right, they would pick up after themselves!

My husband's parents are very clean and neat people and he was made to clean up after himself growing up. It just didn't stick. I have quit doing his laundry if his clothes aren't in the laundry room and now he actually picks up his clothes because he didn't have anything to wear to work
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am glad ranting / venting is welcome here.

Honey, if that is his worst problem YOU are one BLESSED woman !

I am :) Like I said previously..just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today
    If it were up to me, I'd be such a neatness freak. I've learned to chill out after 20 years of marriage (and 5 children), so looking past the clutter is something I've learned to do. I hope your day improves :)
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a "man" problem... just a problem with particular people.

My Mom is super cluterry - she's taken over 4 rooms in their house.... but my Dad and I are both neat freaks. *shrug*
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My husband used to do this. I would kick (yes kick) his clothes into the corner where I didn't see them. Eventually he didn't have clean clothes and asked about that. I told him that when he puts his clothes in the hamper they'd be clean. He now puts his clothes in the hamper because he got tired of not having clean clothes for work or to go hang out with people.
  • HauteP1nk
    Options
    I don't think it's a "man" problem... just a problem with particular people.

My Mom is super cluterry - she's taken over 4 rooms in their house.... but my Dad and I are both neat freaks. *shrug*

I agree...and I think with each relationship there will be one person who is a little messier than the other.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This is definitely not a characteristic limited to gender.

We have a very small kitchen with a bay window at the end of it. The bay window does help it feel a little more spacious...that is until my wife and her daughter proceed to put everything either of them owns that they might ever possibly leave the house with at any time piled up on the ledge under the window (purses, keys, coats, multiple pairs of shoes piled up on the floor below the window, etc etc etc). Drives me absolutely crazy to walk in the house and immediately trip over all their junk. Not to mention feeling claustraphobic when making something in the kitchen because you can only see out of half the window.
  • HauteP1nk
    Options
    Am I the only one who has a fiance that does all the cleaning in the house?? lol

I cook, he cleans. The only thing he doesn't do is the bath tub... He does it all - dishes, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, garbage, etc etc.... he also does the lawn work.

Vile witch hath cast a spell on her beloved!!! Get the pitch forks!!!! Set up the pyre before she can infect the rest of us!

Hey hey hey! LOL

I wish I could cast spells....maybe then he wouldn't complain so much when I leave my stuff all over the place! LOL

Hmm.. I'll believe you this once... But I'm watching you :huh:

Lol

Watching me?? Uh oh… *cough* I mean, well the cauldron in the basement is JUST for decoration for a Halloween party I had once….
    And that broom? It isn’t a flying broomstick. I swear.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I am a complete grub. The cleaner came yesterday and already the place is a pit. Sigh.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    To give you something to...be unhappy about....?
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    My husband used to do this. I would kick (yes kick) his clothes into the corner where I didn't see them. Eventually he didn't have clean clothes and asked about that. I told him that when he puts his clothes in the hamper they'd be clean. He now puts his clothes in the hamper because he got tired of not having clean clothes for work or to go hang out with people.

We both do the laundry, just depends on how full the basket is on who's day off. But we both have some clothes on the sides of our beds that typically don't get cleaned unless it's in the basket.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    <<<< Giant (well, okay, I am 5'10" so I guess I am just an Amazon, not an actual giant) slob here. I never notice clutter.

I am pretty sure I'm a woman.

((looks down, checks that boobs are still attached. Whew. Still there))

Yes, I'm a woman.

((just to be sure, checks a bit lower for the proper female anatomy))

Yep, definitely a woman.

Not all stereotypes fit.
  • foxy2311
    Options
    This is definitely not a characteristic limited to gender.

We have a very small kitchen with a bay window at the end of it. The bay window does help it feel a little more spacious...that is until my wife and her daughter proceed to put everything either of them owns that they might ever possibly leave the house with at any time piled up on the ledge under the window (purses, keys, coats, multiple pairs of shoes piled up on the floor below the window, etc etc etc). Drives me absolutely crazy to walk in the house and immediately trip over all their junk. Not to mention feeling claustraphobic when making something in the kitchen because you can only see out of half the window.

Our kitchen is fairly small as well and he's contstantly leaving junk on the counters, when there's not much space.I've repeatedly ask him not to do that and even state that I've asked him before, and he swears that I haven't asked before! That male selective hearing :) We have places for everything, ie mail, etc and it just only seems to find its way there when I put it there. lol Go figure.
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    I leave things laying out sometimes, so it's not just a guy problem, but the one thing that always gets me is throwing dirty clothes on the floor next to the basket. Can't you toss your underwear another three inches, so it's IN the basket?? How hard is that? If you're hoping for an opportunity to watch me bend over, this is not the way to do it!
  • foxy2311
    Options
    I am glad ranting / venting is welcome here.

Honey, if that is his worst problem YOU are one BLESSED woman !

I am :) Like I said previously..just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today
    If it were up to me, I'd be such a neatness freak. I've learned to chill out after 20 years of marriage (and 5 children), so looking past the clutter is something I've learned to do. I hope your day improves :)

It has, thank you :)
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options

Clearly messy people had horrible parents

Not what I said Homer, keep jogging....My statement does not imply that the parents were horrible, merely that they did not discipline as well as they perhaps could have.

So not horrible, just sub par?

I don't know Dorki, do you pick up after yourself..you tell me. What I do know is that I was raised to and I raised my children the same way. Bottom line is, if you want an organized and clean living enviroment you will do what it takes to maintain it...if not, live in filth and chaos unless your wife is willing to clean up after you all the time.

I pick up after myself at my own pace. If it does not meet your standards, am I living in filth?

you are not my husband so I really don't care what you do, but if you were my son/daughter you would not have your own pace in my house...