Zombie Apocolypse - What do you grab?

Options

Replies

• LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I was recently asked what motivated me to lose the weight (I think I was asked around 125 lbs lost )

I answered as seriously as possible.

December 21st 2012. The end of the world, I have my money on Zombie Apocalypse and I notice there are a lot of fat people around here. My fitness goal is to be able to outrun them.

Probably not an appropriate thing to say to the inlaws

That is RAD!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky, not the pepper kind though. I can't be dealing with picking off peppercorns when I am fighting off zombies.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I also like to think I would have a bow and arrow. Much quieter and you can reuse the ammo.
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My husband has this all figured out. LOL! grab our guns out of the gun cabinet with amno & head to Bass Pro. LOL! where they have everything to kill zombies & survive on.

Thats awesome... any anyone else that was smart enough to meet you there is probably a good person to back you up.. I can just imagine the new zombie-smashing bubba armys that form in the lobby of every Bass Pro and Cabellas in America.

Only problem is I would have to learn to listen to country music. Not sure its worth it.
  • smokeatr9
    smokeatr9 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OK, so you're just minding your business and WHAM, you wake up one morning and zombies are everywhere and you've got to run to that pre-arranged location where it will be completely Zombie free. Quick, grab something that's light, but packed full of calories to help sustain you until you can start hunting and eating on your own.

What do you grab?
    Me: Giant bag of chocolate almonds

ROFLMAO!!! so not what I was expecting this thread to be about. Call me a newbie (my first thoughts don't turn to eating healthy quite yet) but the first thing that came to mind when I read the topic title was....wait for it.....

SHOTGUN!! And 2nd behind that was the AR-15 for distance and rapid-fire accuracy. Oops!! :D
  • smokeatr9
    smokeatr9 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    And I should also mention that I had this thought BEFORE I read any of the other posts save for the first. Just so you don't think I'm trying to copy anyone on here. :D
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I also like to think I would have a bow and arrow. Much quieter and you can reuse the ammo.

unless you miss, which may destroy the arrow. Or if you did hit them in the skull.... have you ever tried pulling an arrow out of bone? It can be extremely hard to do.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Some kind of protein bar or shake....
    Then guns.. plenty of guns......
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I was recently asked what motivated me to lose the weight (I think I was asked around 125 lbs lost )

December 21st 2012. The end of the world, I have my money on Zombie Apocalypse and I notice there are a lot of fat people around here. My fitness goal is to be able to outrun them.

THIS. I am not the only one......
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    This question is a moot point. We have learned from all movies and comic books that there is no such thing as a zombie free zone.

but if I have to answer

I would bring my shotgun and ammo. Shoot the people that are running with all the food who forgot their guns and take their food and serve their remains to the zombie horde.

i like the way u think
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    The answer to your question is 'shotgun'

My thoughts exactly. 2 shotguns in my closet would be my first bet. Not only for defense but for hunting food.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options

i tell people this.too.they look at me weird but wont when it happens
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Definitely grabbing a gun!
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    it would really depend on what TYPE of zombies...

living dead? easy, just wander away. too slow to get us.

28 days later zombies? kiss your rear good bye.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    apparently I have to rethink what I would take after reading this thread. I was planing on shotgun and go-bag (same one I have for all natural disaster) but with all the folks who said they will jest get food off other people now lead me to believe I need a mini-14 with a scope and a sniper location .... too shoot anyone with a gun, as lot of the folks here have show they will be more dangerous then the zombies. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I alert my team. We have supplies and are prepared already. :) I'm looking forward to being allowed to kill people for a change.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I have been prepared for a long time now.

IMG_1017-1.jpg
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    closest melee weapon...bottled water...thick clothing that covers everything (including heavy duty gloves)...and my emergency/first aid lightweight backpack

just to be clear though...i would NOT immediately leave my home....that's just crazy....as assembling with others in most any scenario gets your *kitten* killed asap
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    A box of Nature Valley Protein granola bars.

And my 9mm Ruger and all 6 clips.

JM
  • jsaunde77
    jsaunde77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Twinkies and a 45! When its just me, the roaches, and my twinkies left, you'll all be sorry. :)

Gotta think shelf life!