Getting hit on at the gym

Options

Replies

• hellamark
    hellamark Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Met my wife of 15 years there. 2 kids later, great marriage. Best thing I ever did was hit on her at the gym.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i got hit on at the gym yesterday... sheees you pinch one of them on the butt and 8-10 girls fly outta nowhere hitting me about the head and neck i was holding my own till the 4 foot chick started punching my Man-Berries like a speed bag
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    i got hit on at the gym yesterday... sheees you pinch one of them on the butt and 8-10 girls fly outta nowhere hitting me about the head and neck i was holding my own till the 4 foot chick started punching my Man-Berries like a speed bag

I think you need some new tactics. It's all in the presentation!
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options

I think you need some new tactics. It's all in the presentation!

lol if tatics is short for testicals ill agree
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Met my wife of 15 years there. 2 kids later, great marriage. Best thing I ever did was hit on her at the gym.

*cues studio audience, "awwwwww"*
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My husband does it to me ALL THE TIME when we are at the gym! He's such a flirt... :blushing:
  • indy_jh
    indy_jh Posts: 20
    Options
    Oh yeah! It happens all the time. Women in compression pants especially -- always trying something. Gosh, I wish they'd just leave me alone and let me work out!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I always have my head phones in... guys stare at me a lot. i'm guessing they are hoping I take them off to chat, but I only take them off if you give e the "take your head phones out" signal. If you are just looking at my from five feet away I just look at you then go back to what I am doing. When guys look at me obviously from across the room that I see all the time I give the "Whats up" head nod-smile, I assume they are trying to say hello. The other day a guy did tell me that I had really beautiful hair and that I should never cut it. That was really nice! It made my day. Usually though, I ****ING HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TALK TO ME WHILE I AM WORKING OUT. DO NOT ****ING TALK TO ME. I AM NOT THERE TO SOCIALIZE. After I am done - fine.

I always get stared at on days I do biceps. My biceps get PUMPED. Its really weird. Not like normal... its like extra pumped for some reason. Its crazy funny to me. I look in the mirrors doing over head cable curls or something and they just look ****ing huge compared to everything else on my body. Guys can't help but stare at that. I am a little woman.
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think a lady was hitting on me the other day at the gym. She was maybe ten years older, but in good shape and pretty cute. She walked over and mentioned how much weight I had lost since I started coming to the gym (honestly could not remember ever seeing her before). She asked how much I was down and I talked about how I wanted to now put on some muscle, and she reached out and cupped my arm to feel my bicep. lol. It was weird and sort of sexy at the same time. As quick as she talked me up, she left while I started my workout. :love:
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I can only think of one time that someone tried to talk to me at the gym. I had my earbuds in, so I was annoyed that he interrupted me. And I've noticed guys staring while I was in the free weight area, but that's all I can think of.

While it would be flattering to have someone hit on me at the gym, I tend to be completely oblivious when it comes to this sort of thing. So I probablly wouldn't recognize it if it was happening unless the guy was trying way too hard.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I think a lady was hitting on me the other day at the gym. She was maybe ten years older, but in good shape and pretty cute. She walked over and mentioned how much weight I had lost since I started coming to the gym (honestly could not remember ever seeing her before). She asked how much I was down and I talked about how I wanted to now put on some muscle, and she reached out and cupped my arm to feel my bicep. lol. It was weird and sort of sexy at the same time. As quick as she talked me up, she left while I started my workout. :love:

NICE! Congrats on your progress too.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Attractive women get hit on everywhere.

If you don't want to get hit on at the gym, wear ear pieces.

This works really well. I always do it outside and make sure I look like I have somewhere important to go to, even if its just the supermaket lol.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    It's only happened 3x in all my years of working out. I wear head phones and don't take many breaks, not a lot of chances for interaction.

i-dont-always-hit-on-girls-at-the-gym-but-for-you-ill-make-an-exception-thumb.jpg
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I've been going to the gym for years and have never been hit on once. I must have a mean face on when I'm smokin' calories!! :devil:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    No, I don't get hit on at the gym. Or ever for that matter... although I get compliments online, that's about the closest to getting hit on I've experienced.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I never got hit on at the gym....I was once followed lol at a gym I was visiting once but that was about it...But at the gym I go to, I never got hit on and I usually get mean looks from the guys when I am in the weight lifting area..Lol they look at me as if I dont belong there. :laugh:
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I rarely get hit on period.

Yup, me too. :(
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    not hit on, but I've gotten "the look" a few times. lol
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    When I was in a relationship I used to dread being hit on at the gym. That is not what I am there for. If I kept my headphones in no one would bother me generally. When I am single and things are a bit more open I will sometimes take my earbuds out.. But it has been quite a while since anyone has made a pass at me in that setting.

Why are they blind??

Awww thanks... But I am guessing they are just not interested which is ok too.. I am not the get dressed up and stay clean type of girl at the gym. I like to wear clothes that fit and work out until I'm soaking wet. That might have something to do with it.
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    Awww thanks... But I am guessing they are just not interested which is ok too.. I am not the get dressed up and stay clean type of girl at the gym. I like to wear clothes that fit and work out until I'm soaking wet. That might have something to do with it.

trust me they aint even worth your time if they dont want to talk to you in that scenario!