What is the craziest thing you believed to be true as a kid?

Options

Replies

• anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    I believed my stuffed animals protected me when I slepted. :ohwell:

I still want to believe this! :flowerforyou:
  • anakinlover
    Options
    Monsters DID live under my bed. So, I would turn my light off and run as fast as I could and jump into bed. The I had to be under the covers because if any part was exposed they would get me!!

OH...and my stuffed animals were alive. So I took turns sleeping with each one so none of them would get their feelings hurt. To this day, I have a hard time getting rid of stuffed animals. Like Toy Story is my life!

I did the stuffed animal thing, too! I have a horrible time donating or getting rid of anything that has a face! You would think at 40 I would move on! :blushing:
  • dawnkilmurray
    Options
    My dad had my brother, sister and I convinced that when we got new tennis shoes, they made us run faster. We would run around to show him.
  • KristinCrochets
    KristinCrochets Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you accidentally swallowed a seed while eating fruit (apple, watermelon, etc.), it would grow inside your tummy. Have to thank my sister for putting that one in my head. LOL
  • anakinlover
    Options
    That my parents loved each other. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ohhh...I could cry..:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    our mom told us that she had an eyeball in the back of her head. she'd always bust us smacking each other in the backseat of the car and we were baffled by it ... never did we think that a rearview mirror worked OR that sound travels. when we'd search for the eye in the back of her head, she'd say we couldn't see it because it was asleep ... I won't even get into how long it took us to realize that wasn't true.

there were a lot of crazy things I believed, but that one definitely takes the cake.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I really thought the Ninja Turtles lived in the sewer. I refused to step on sewer drains in the road.

My husband also had a funny one. He thought the little scrubbing bubbles guys actually came out of the can and cleaned the bathroom for you.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    P.S. I still have all my stuffed animals because I can't get rid of them either.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I thought that leather was made out of butterfly wings.
  • Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the posts yet.
    I used to think movies were made in one shot and the actors had to memorize the lines for the entire thing. I was amazed!

Oh and eating raw ramen noodles would give you worms...schoolyard lies!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    That I could ride my big wheel up the ping tree, I would take off from the patio, of and pedal like crazy through the grass and right up the trunk the wheel would got then I was on my head. I can't tell you how many times I tried to do this.

JM
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Those big diagonally cut cucumbers came from massive cucumbers...
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Everytime we'd pass up the chemical plants (gorgeous night lights btw lol), there'd be the open flame fire thingy (I have NO idea what it is) and I'd ask my dad what it was.. the fire and the yummy smell oozing out of the chemical plants made me curious. Anywho, he'd tell me they were baking beans up there. I believed him.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I didn't understand digestion, so I though food just went into the general chest/stomach cavity and just piled up.

JM
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    "If you keep making that face, it's going to freeze like that and you'll have to live with it the rest of your life!"
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    As a kid I thought that the "Cat Pee Diet" was a sure fire way to lose weight. Boy was I wrong
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    As a kid I thought that the "Cat Pee Diet" was a sure fire way to lose weight. Boy was I wrong

snortlaugh
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    that freckles meant you were dying :(
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    God
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I thought that I was allergic to the sun, because when I looked at it, I sneezed. :smile: