Older man with Younger Woman (Ladies Only)

Options

Replies

• Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I totally want any older guy. I have had better luck dating older guys.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby 22 years ago on a blind date. He is 13 years older than me. We went out in January, he proposed a month later, we were married by August. I have 2 wonderful boys with him aged soon to be 17 and 19 and 22nd year Anniversary coming up! To this day he still treats me like a queen and we are still very much in love.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    My son's father is 10 years older than me - I was 21 and he was 31 when we met....
    My other long term relationship (and still the love of my life even though he lives on the other side of the world now) is 12 years older than me - I was 35 and he was 47 when we met ;-)

With an older guy you normally don't have to play mom - I was always strong enough that I could stand up to them, but on the other hand they were confident and experienced in life...
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    pull out his note starts scribbling user nemes loll dont mind me just old guy doodling
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It's more to do with the maturity and what stage of life you're at. I'm 49 and I've dated women as much as 17 years younger. Once you start to approach a 10 year age gap, it starts to become more difficult and each has really grown up in a different era. References to certain social/political figures, movies, events etc. etc. etc. really start to become less and less mutual. Aside from that, an older man usually has already had children and is beyond that stage, while a younger woman (in her 20' / 30's) is probably still looking to start a family.

Why would an older man seek out a younger woman? Isn't it obvious? It's not necessarily about the sex as it is about the attraction and the feeling of still being wanted by an attractive young woman. That being said, there is a lot to be said baout women over 40, as summed up perfectly by Andy Rooney.

Women over 40
    As I grow in age, I value women who are over forty most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over forty will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, “What are you thinking?” She doesn’t care what you think.

If a woman over forty doesn’t want to watch the game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it’s usually something more interesting.

A woman over forty knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of forty give a hoot what you might think about her or what she’s doing.

Women over forty are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it’s like to be unappreciated.

A woman over forty has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn’t trust the guy with other women. Women over forty couldn’t care less if you’re attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won’t betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over forty. They always know.

A woman over forty looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over forty is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one! You don’t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over forty for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it’s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of forty-plus, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some twenty-two-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,” here’s an update for you. Now 80 percent of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it’s not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

~ Andy Rooney
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I read some more replies.

My first husband met me when I was 18, he was 40something. He did take advantage. This post is in regards to my present marriage. He is 20 years older.

I do have daddy issues. It doesn't mean I imagine my 20 year older husband to be my father. If I am with a younger person I still have daddy issues. My husband in no way parents me, and it would be a turn off if he did.

And I don't have weird fetishes, but plenty of people at whatever age do.

I'm disappointed to hear that if I walk down the street with my family - my best friend and my daughter - and am happy, that someone would think it creepy.

And last of all he might die before me but he will have loved me and respected me more than some people will ever come to know.

So, stfu. Smiley face.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I have had relationships with men who were quite a bit older than me (more than 10-15 years). Personally, since I do not want to have children, "having a family" is not an issue. I have, however, seen women have children with men who are 10+ years older than them. I might question having children with someone who would have to exceed their average life expectancy to live see their children reach adulthood, but that is their decision, not mine.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    My husband is 26 years older than me. I assure you I have no daddy issues. I've always been mature for my age, my family says I have a "old soul". We can relate on a lot of levels, we get along great and the age difference doesn't bother me a bit. He retired a few years ago and of course I'm no where near retirement age :smooched:
  • sahrajane5
    sahrajane5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and my boyfriend's 29, guys that are my age are complete idiots, he's somewhat past that stage! somewhat...thinking about it I would go older, paha!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and my boyfriend's 29, guys that are my age are complete idiots, he's somewhat past that stage! somewhat...thinking about it I would go older, paha!
    sorry to hear YOU attracting these guys...
  • sahrajane5
    sahrajane5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear YOU attracting these guys...

Is that a dig?! Haha, I grew up in a pub with more elderly company- I just get on with them better from the experience, and I have never had a good experience with men my age! Never.
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    Although I'm happily engaged and NEVER want children
    I 100% would date an older man.
    I always find men between 30-40 so much more attractive than people my
    age and the maturity is a bonus as well.
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    The first guy I really liked was 10 years older than me and another guy I liked was 20+ years older... my (ex) husband was only 4.5 years older. I definitely think older men are more mature (hopefully!!) and that's really what attracts women to older guys.
    On a side note (and please don't take this as racist or anything) but in the pics of you with your medal, you look like you could be related to Kevin Eubanks. =)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    My husband is almost 10 years younger than me...honestly I think it works great because when we met, I was 27 and he was 37 and we were pretty much at the same maturity level as far as settling down to have a family. 7 years later, I basically joke about how I will get to move into a 55 and up community 10 years earlier than all of my friends...
  • wantu2wantme
    Options
    my BF is 14 years older than me. We have an amazing relationship, most of the time haha ;)
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My SO is 11 years older and have been together 7 1/2 years... He has a child from a previous marriage, i have a child from a previous relationship and we have a child together. He is the best relationship I have ever had and the most respectful man EVER! As long as maturity is the same and they're not looking for a "Daddy" there's no reason why a younger woman can't date an older man....
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    My husband is 8 years older than I am. I was nervous about our age difference when we met (I was 22, he was 30), but we are now coming up on our four year wedding anniversary in July. Now I don't even notice the age difference.

The only issue I have come across is the fact that he came out of a previous marriage with children.
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    Been with my husband 10 years. We have a son. When we met we just had the chemistry. He didn't have a lot of money, he was paying child support and alimony. I am in my late 30's he is mid fifty's. If you don't want to do the math 19 years difference. No daddy issues here First husband cheated. So my current hubby is welcomed and loved by my family.
  • iva001
    iva001 Posts: 162
    Options
    When I was 25 I went to lunch with my same age friend and his 17 year old girlfriend. She wouldn't talk to me, she doodled on his arm with pen during our conversation. When I paid for lunch, she didn't thank me. I just didn't see the appeal of younger women from a man's perspective, I was disgusted with her the whole time.

But my cousin who only dates younger women says they are easier to impress and they look up to you when you are older. So I sometimes think that men who ONLY date younger women are intimidated by (more) successful women their own age.

But to each their own I honestly don't care who other people date :). I have never dated an older guy, I usually date guys 2-5 years younger (don't plan it, it just ends up that way) and I am curious what it would be like to date an older guy, but they never approach me, only the young ones..

How do I attract older (approx 35 yrs) men?
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, my hubster is 50. I think we are even more in love than when we got married 17 years ago! I would do it all over again! :heart: