List Of Low Calorie Foods EVERYONE should know about!!

Replies

• pmh58
    pmh58 Posts: 8
    A skim milk cappuccino is fairly low cal, and fills you up
  • pmh58
    Must admit, this is my gut reaction too.
  • pmh58
    double post
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Drinks:
    I LOVE Great value cherry limeaid -5 cals
    Water
    Great Value Coffee Creamer 30 Calories Per Serving

Sweet:
    Nabsico 100 calorie Mr. Salty Pretzels are awesome.
    Breyers Fat Free Chocolate Ice Cream 90 calories per serving
    Fudgicles are 40 calories per serving
    Popcicles are only 15 cals a pop
    Fat free pudding 60 calories per serving
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream sandwiches 140 calories per.
    Watermelon under 50 calories for 1 cup chopped. 2.5 cups is a large bowl mounded over for 125 calories.
    Kiwi, around 50 calories per.
    Red grapes are 100 calories per cup
    Strawberries are really low in calories 1 cup (halved) is only 49 calories
    Chocolate Cheerios are about 122 calories per 1 cup and tastes kind of like cocoa puffs
    *Ciao Bella Blood Orange sorbet is 60 calories per serving and is very flavorful. It tips the money scale at almost $5.00 a quart but it is sooo worth it.
    The Chips Ahoy Chocolate drizzle chocolate cookies 100 calorie packs is a great snack that is super chocolaty.
    Minute Maid Juice Bars=awesome 60 calories a piece
    Dannon fit and light yogurt 80 calories
    Edys frozen fruit bars 60-100ish calories
    Delmonte light fruit cocktail 60 calories per 1/2 cup
    Banana 80-120 calories
    Quaker 90 calories snacky thingys the chocolate and the caramel are great!
    Keebler 100 calorie cookies and cream snacky thingys
    Lindt 50% Dark Chocolate 50 calories per square
    Believe it or not... Hershey's Chocolate Bar, half a bar is only 105 calories
    M+M's are only 3.4 Calories per piece
    Orange Dream Bar 70 calories

Savory/Salty
    Reduced Fat Ritz Cracker 70 calories per 5 crackers with Laughing Cow garlic and herb swiss cheese 35 calories per wedge
    Rold Gold Pretzel sticks 100 calories for 48 sticks
    Popcorn. Smartpop has 100 calories bags or even some butter popcorn is 25 calories per cup.
    Salsa and chips are a great option for snacking. 140 calories per 7 large chips and only around 15 calories per 2 tablespoons on salsa.
    Borden String Cheese is 70 calories
    *I have been addicted to fried green peas (not wasabi) They are not that low in calories. it is about 130 per 1/2 cup. The good thing about it is that they are very crunchy and it takes you a long time to eat so it is a great diet food. If you like sunflower seeds you will probably like peas. I get them at the Natural living center for only like $2.00 a pound. It is very cheap. Makes sure you get scoops with enough salt.
    1/2 cup carrots 35 calories
    1 cucumber sliced in vinegar, salt and pepper 45 calories
    Mini babybell light cheese 50 calories
    Pringles Light 70 calories per 14 chips.

Sorry to edit...a few corrections were needed
  • Nature's Own has a honey wheat bread that is only 40 cals a slice so x2=80 calories plus all the stuff you would put in it for a sandwhich!
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    It was a good list until number 9.

My thoughts exactly :)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Oh dang...another thing that I have been all over is great value mandarin oranges. There are only 72 calories for a cup. (Drained and rinsed of any water/syrup)
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    this list just make me sad.

what about protein intake, calcium, fiber ect ect?

philadelhia cheese may have little kcals, but it's basically made of jello + some milk, has half of the protein and cacium other fresh cheeses have. will not touch this **** with 2m long stick...
  • susybon
    susybon Posts: 36 Member
    save for later, thanks!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    It was a good list until number 9.

My thoughts exactly :)

Maybe instead of thinking about soda think about those carbonated water with fruit flavors a lot of places sell now a days? :)
  • Arctic Zero is a whey-protein based ice cream which has 150 calories per pint. Frozen kefir is good in this vein too.
  • GAJulie
    GAJulie Posts: 8 Member
    awesome lists, thanks guys...
  • BUMP
  • soontobeslim01
    soontobeslim01 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi All,
    taken note of the food ideas, but i need to ask a silly question about replys that keep popping up, but while asking i like to add im a little older then some of you :-) (so be gentle)

well here goes silly question.....

what does BUMP stand for?
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    GREAT LIST...

I have only just discovered Philadelphia Cream Cheese Extra Light (try the garlic & chives one) I love this

AND AS FOR Fizzy drinks......I drink Coke zero A LOT, so ignore the other comments, you NEED to enjoy what you eat, a diet isn't a punishment... :/

BTW. I eat takeaways don't eat much vegatables and only a little amount of fruit.
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    bumping for later use
  • 10PC
    10PC Posts: 1
    bump
  • abvickrey
    abvickrey Posts: 76 Member
    bump
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    I'm not a big fan of "fake" foods and the whole idea of 0 cal foods like the noodles doesn't really work for me (I don't see why you would ever want to eat a whole dish of something with no calories, what's the point??)

But, I do think it is worth exploring the world of fabulous herbs and spices and other items to make food more interesting - fresh coriander and basil, dried chilli, lemon zest, lime juice are some of my favourites. Just a little dash of any of them make an average meal into something special for only a few more cals.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Love this ! Very helpful!