Ways to Avoid/Break Plateaus

Options

Replies

• littlewitch1973
    Options
    Bump... need to do this! Plateaus suck!!
  • HBBrown78
    HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Save for later! Thanx
  • araxiedyck
    araxiedyck Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thecazstewart
    thecazstewart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Really useful! Thanks!
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    bumping for later
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    can I ask WHY I have to avoid plateaus? I mean I lost 35lbs despite the fact I never believed I could lose 5. I'd like to lose more but have plateaued or been up/down a few for about a month or two now... my question is why stress about it? I want to lose more and I joined a gym yesterday--wuhuuu-so after a year I think I'll be more serious about working out and not just dieting... but what's made this journey so good and yes, fun, is that I'm not stressing.. I'm eating all the foods I love...still getting results over the last year...buying new clothes... and things are OK. however.. i like all your tips

You don't have to stress at all in fact, some people never hit a plateau, but many people do and don't care. If you mix up your diet and exercise than you won't to worry about hitting a plateau. It's just some people eat the same and exercise the same ways a lot, after a while the body gets used to it and they hit a plateau-which can be very frustrating because people go months without weight loss even if you're working out hard and eating right; if you constantly mix things up you will never run into this problem.

You're lucky that you don't even stress about it, but for many us it's unmotivates you when you see no change in scale for months especially when you're working so hard; some people don't go by scale but only by measurements and they still see their body changing even if the scale isn't. Mixing things up always gets the scale moving though :)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    can I ask WHY I have to avoid plateaus? I mean I lost 35lbs despite the fact I never believed I could lose 5. I'd like to lose more but have plateaued or been up/down a few for about a month or two now... my question is why stress about it? I want to lose more and I joined a gym yesterday--wuhuuu-so after a year I think I'll be more serious about working out and not just dieting... but what's made this journey so good and yes, fun, is that I'm not stressing.. I'm eating all the foods I love...still getting results over the last year...buying new clothes... and things are OK. however.. i like all your tips

You don't have to stress at all in fact, some people never hit a plateau, but many people do and don't care. If you mix up your diet and exercise than you won't to worry about hitting a plateau. It's just some people eat the same and exercise the same ways a lot, after a while the body gets used to it and they hit a plateau-which can be very frustrating because people go months without weight loss even if you're working out hard and eating right; if you constantly mix things up you will never run into this problem.

You're lucky that you don't even stress about it, but for many us it's unmotivates you when you see no change in scale for months especially when you're working so hard; some people don't go by scale but only by measurements and they still see their body changing even if the scale isn't. Mixing things up always gets the scale moving though :)
    I SEE. GRAZIE
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Great stuff
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bump
  • archgrrrl
    archgrrrl Posts: 62
    Options
    Sounds like pretty good advice! I'll probably have to come back to it later for reminders :)
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yay! So glad this post is still helping people :)
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    bump
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thank you!
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this!
  • svetz
    svetz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    A lot of great tips! Thank you!!
  • avocado22
    avocado22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • poohbear1971
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! I am definitely on a plateau and going to use these tips to help. Bump!!!!