Ask me anything about fat/weight loss....

Options

Replies

• TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    What steroids do you take?

Lol. None, I only way 175 pounds. U mad?....
  • AlmondTheGreat
    Options
    Lol thought it was funny man. Gonna add you if cool for future advice.
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    Hello! I have a question.
    I've bumped my calories up to 1776 because of the heavy lifting program I'm on. I stopped doing as much cardio, and only do 30 minutes sessions 2-3 times a week, in addition to lifting heavy 3 times a week. It's only been about 3 weeks of eating this much, and honestly, it's usually between 1700-2000 calories. So far, I've gained about 4-5 lbs - how long should I wait before going back lower, if I need to? And do you think this is to many calories? I'm 5'5, 180 lbs. Thanks!

First of all, why in the world did you do that?! You're bulking right now! Now if that's your goal, then by all means keep it up. Female, 5'5 2,000 calories and just lifting?!.....That's a bulk! You DEFINITELY need to readjust down if your goal is fat/weight loss.
  • CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    Heyyy! Ok my question! Im 40, 193, 5'2, and I have that disgusting stomach apron. What is a woman to do, ugh? I m losing inches, but the apron looks even worse the more I lose. Is there an exercise to blast that?
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    Lol thought it was funny man. Gonna add you if cool for future advice.

Definitely, man. I do add gorilla blood to my protein shakes though.....made my strength gains go up 200% in less than a week! Lol. Only not. :D
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 8break
    8break Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Soooo I've been doing weight lifting with a pers traier for 3 months, and added good cardios 2 months ago:
    - 3 times a week: 40 min weights + 30 min elliptical
    -1 time a week spinning

eat 1700/1800 cals a day, high prot diet. 6 meals a day
    No processed foods, heathy

Height" 5'5
    Weight: 139
    Waist: 29
    Hip: 36

And I haven't see ANY changes in weight loss or lost inches... My muscles look really good, but the fat in my floaters I stuck there!!

What am i doing wrong!!!??? I'm desperate :'(
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    Heyyy! Ok my question! Im 40, 193, 5'2, and I have that disgusting stomach apron. What is a woman to do, ugh? I m losing inches, but the apron looks even worse the more I lose. Is there an exercise to blast that?

Skin elasticity usually always falls behind fat loss. That is why most of the contestants on Biggest Loser have all that hanging skin. It will tighten up as time goes by so long as you keep it at a certain level for long enough. If you keep losing though, then it's going to stay the case until you stop. I'd finish losing the weight, and then just let the body do it's thing with the skin.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna ask this here too for more ideas...

My stats:
    5'7
    138lb (gained 3-4lb since started doing bodyweight exercises)
    average around 1400cal per day / week

Ok so I have been doing bodyweight exercises for about 2,5 months now. My body has responded really well, flat stomach, visible abs, banging bum and sculpted back yadda yadda. I look great naked.
    The problem is that even though my stomach is getting flatter, my waist is expanding and getting wider! I've gained a whole inch on my waist and it doesn't seem to be going away. This combined with my hips getting more narrow I'm scared that I'll lose my hourglass shape completely.

I'm happy with how my body has tightened up really quickly and nothing wiggles.... but my waist needs to go back down!

Should I stop doing all exercises that target obligues? Or lower my calories and try to lose more fat...(scared that this will make my hips shrink even more!)

You had me a 'banging bum.' :D

Seriously though, it is most likely the exercises you do yeh. In the physique world, it is all about the illusion. Smaller the waist, the wider the back will look. Wider the shoulders the smaller the waist looks. Most of the top level bikini competitors are always putting most focus on glutes, hams, and shoulders in order to produce the "effect." Lots of the chappies(AND chippies) think that doing a lot of ab and oblique work is good when to produce the overall effect, it could be THE WORSE thing for you. I use to hammer abs and obliques super hard, but they just spoiled my shape because I was building these big lego-block abs and a thick waist. I don't train abs whatsoever any more because of that. Intense deadlifting and back squatting session can sometimes make this happen also.

As for your hips. Most women carry fat on the hips, and as you lean out, you will lose them. But, you CAN kinda trick the effect back on by using exercises that focus on building muscle around the hip area. The abductor machine is a great one to start with. Hope this helps.
    Makes sense, i was having the same issue, & so glad I'm not the only one.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have a question.
    I've bumped my calories up to 1776 because of the heavy lifting program I'm on. I stopped doing as much cardio, and only do 30 minutes sessions 2-3 times a week, in addition to lifting heavy 3 times a week. It's only been about 3 weeks of eating this much, and honestly, it's usually between 1700-2000 calories. So far, I've gained about 4-5 lbs - how long should I wait before going back lower, if I need to? And do you think this is to many calories? I'm 5'5, 180 lbs. Thanks!

First of all, why in the world did you do that?! You're bulking right now! Now if that's your goal, then by all means keep it up. Female, 5'5 2,000 calories and just lifting?!.....That's a bulk! You DEFINITELY need to readjust down if your goal is fat/weight loss.

LOL Yikes! I did this because my program told me to! Haha I don't want to bulk!
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • alliegeorge
    alliegeorge Posts: 114
    Options
    Probably been asked 1000's of times. But too lazy to trawl through the whole thread.

22 year old female

Height - 5"4
    CW - 180
    GW - 130/135

TDEE - 1950
    BMR - 1640

I generally eat around 1200-1300. I just want to know if this is okay. Or should I always net at least my BMR?

I've been doing this since Feb 22nd; & have been losing at least 2lbs each week.
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    I am new to the gym and I want to boost my energy so I get the most of it .
    Do you think that taking a pre-workout supplement such as Jack 3d is safe? Will you recomended ?
    If not , what pre-workout suplement should I take to boost my energy?

I tried protein shakes and B12 ,but they don't help too much...:(
    Thank you:)

They're legit, but definitely not needed. Some of are TOO legit. Jack3d will have your skin crawling all over the place! All they are really are stimulants. It's so funny to me how people are buying all these supps, but usually don't even think to actually see what the primary ingredients in these things are. Jack3d, 1MR, Redline....I've used them, but I ONLY use them when I'm just completely low on energy. If you're psyched about your workout, and salivating at lifting heavy and hard, that's really all you need. The supps just SUPPLEment that.
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    If you had limited time and had to chose between doing cardio and weight lifting, what would be more beneficial? I'm working on losing weight and ideally want to do both cardio and weights, but sometimes I don't have time for it all so I'm forced to chose. Which one?

Neither. Much more easier to focus on the food. I can eat 800 calories in 5 minutes, but that's basically over an hour of cardio on an elliptical. Good forbid you have the chips too. ;D
    Seriously Official Epic - I freaking love your responses. What I'm picking up is I need to make it simple. I work out all the time but I haven't had my nutrition dialed in so I've not lost anything in a very long time. I'm focusing on the food! Don't get me wrong, I'll still be running about 20 miles this week but the food is my focus. Deficit is key. Thanks!

Right back at'cha, mum! :)
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    Soooo I've been doing weight lifting with a pers traier for 3 months, and added good cardios 2 months ago:
    - 3 times a week: 40 min weights + 30 min elliptical
    -1 time a week spinning

eat 1700/1800 cals a day, high prot diet. 6 meals a day
    No processed foods, heathy

Height" 5'5
    Weight: 139
    Waist: 29
    Hip: 36

And I haven't see ANY changes in weight loss or lost inches... My muscles look really good, but the fat in my floaters I stuck there!!

What am i doing wrong!!!??? I'm desperate :'(

What are you doing wrong?....You're not burning more than you're ingesting. Either decrease the calories a bit, or up the activity a bit. Reevaluate again in another week, and if necessary readjust calories and or activity again till you DO start losing.
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'6" and currently weigh 125 pounds. My goal is to get to 125. Since I am at the last 5 pounds, I set my calorie intake at trying to lose .5 pounds per week. That had me at about 1500 calories a day. I mainly did cardio for the initial weight loss, but for the past month I have been doing mainly heavy lifting. I have not lost a pound or an inch in my body at all in over a month! What's wrong??
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    Probably been asked 1000's of times. But too lazy to trawl through the whole thread.

22 year old female

Height - 5"4
    CW - 180
    GW - 130/135

TDEE - 1950
    BMR - 1640

I generally eat around 1200-1300. I just want to know if this is okay. Or should I always net at least my BMR?

I've been doing this since Feb 22nd; & have been losing at least 2lbs each week.

Two pounds a week is great! Keep it up! I wouldn't go any lower on the calories though. You're making awesome progress and we don't want to screw up our systems of course.
  • tt_net
    tt_net Posts: 5
    Options
    I’m 54 years old and by the diet and some exercise I lost 80 pounds in 6 months.
    But not only fat, lot of muscles lost as well.
    Now I’m looking to get healthy muscle back, but not became overweight again.
    What will you suggest about diet-workout combination?
    Thank you.
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'6" and currently weigh 125 pounds. My goal is to get to 125. Since I am at the last 5 pounds, I set my calorie intake at trying to lose .5 pounds per week. That had me at about 1500 calories a day. I mainly did cardio for the initial weight loss, but for the past month I have been doing mainly heavy lifting. I have not lost a pound or an inch in my body at all in over a month! What's wrong??

Probably added some noob gains to yer bod. Muscle that is. Nothing wrong with that. Think about it: Lose 5 pounds of fat, gain 5 pounds of muscle, you're gonna look a lot different but technically you weigh the same. You're most likely still losing. I'd say add the cardio back too in addition to your lifting while still keeping the calories at your 1500....that's three things you'd have working for you then. Most likely you'll start losing again and pretty fast with that.