30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• Babykinz
    Babykinz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've just done Day 7 Level 1 & I'm seeing a big difference in my stamina since Day 1.

I've lost 3lbs in 7 Days & already seeing a difference in my body shape especially my tummy area & thighs!!

It gives you great encouragement when you start to see results, so come on everyone keep on pushing forward, DON'T give up.
  • BethanyRTS
    BethanyRTS Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm on day 15 or 16 ?I have to check the calendar. I am also doing level 2. I can handle it all except the seated v fly's at the beginning of circuit 3 on level 2. Those are killers! I'm really seeing results although I haven't lost a pound :-) I'm starting to see abs for the first time ever (i'm 28 m.o.1)
  • natzkj
    natzkj Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I started the 30ds on sunday, i could feel it working after the 1st time. I did level 1 sunday and monday but had a rest yesterday as had a really bad headach. I am back on with it tonight. I havent got any hand weights or bumbells yet but i can still fel it working everywherr and in my shoulders. I didnt think to take my measurements before starting or pictures but I will take them later
  • shiobeh
    shiobeh Posts: 12
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of level 1. I feel better compared yesterday, but I still have to take breaks in between cardio. But I managed to continuously do cardio circuit 3, yes! And my legs feel a little better compared to yesterday, so I guess my body is slowly adjusting.

Let's all keep it up!
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    After the way my back and thighs were yesterday I was shocked how easily I crawled out of bed this morning. :) Back is fine and thighs are only a bit sore. My shoulders are a whole other story sadly! Time to go do battle with Jillian and see how far I get before I my arms give up (and I'm determined to get to the end!).

After an initial 'agh my shoulders!!!' during the push ups I think I actually did better then yesterday. :) I managed more reps of the ab exercises (I think I got upto about 10 bicycle crunches as opposed to 3!) and I managed to push through more of the side lunges despite the burn in my shoulders. It's interesting seeing people struggling with the cardio bits as those are the bits I find easiest and a 'break' for my poor arms.
    I might have to find something else to put under my back when I'm on the floor though as I think part of the pain I had yesterday may be due to bruising as my mat is so thin.
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    I completed my 2nd day yesterday.....felt a little easier and I only had to break like twice, vs what felt like 100 times the first day. :) I know its more about inches, and I know I shouldn't weight every day, so no lectures please, but I'm up about a pound since yesterday....has anyone else read or heard somewhere something about your body holding on to water b/c your muscles are sore or something to that effect? It bothers me a little that I only burn about (according to my HRM) 1/2, if that, of the calories I burned while running, but I also know i burn longer after I'm done with the strength training. Anyways, just a few observations. I'm loving it tho...and can't wait to get home tonight to do day 3. :)
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I completed my 2nd day yesterday.....felt a little easier and I only had to break like twice, vs what felt like 100 times the first day. :) I know its more about inches, and I know I shouldn't weight every day, so no lectures please, but I'm up about a pound since yesterday....has anyone else read or heard somewhere something about your body holding on to water b/c your muscles are sore or something to that effect? It bothers me a little that I only burn about (according to my HRM) 1/2, if that, of the calories I burned while running, but I also know i burn longer after I'm done with the strength training. Anyways, just a few observations. I'm loving it tho...and can't wait to get home tonight to do day 3. :)

Okay..so I'm going to give you a lecture... DONT CHECK YOUR WEIGHT EVERYDAY!!! :happy: When working your muscles, they do hold onto water. I can't say this enough..drink water, lots of water. You need to hydrate your body so it can recover. I'm on day 6 of Level 2 and I haven't really lost any weight, but I just measured and I have lost inches. (I have PCOS so it is VERY hard for me to lose weight) Please don't let the scale de-rail you. Think about how much better you feel and how much healthier you are because you are working your body. :flowerforyou:

Stay encouraged and stay motivated
  • AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Okay..so I'm going to give you a lecture... DONT CHECK YOUR WEIGHT EVERYDAY!!! :happy: When working your muscles, they do hold onto water. I can't say this enough..drink water, lots of water. You need to hydrate your body so it can recover. I'm on day 6 of Level 2 and I haven't really lost any weight, but I just measured and I have lost inches. (I have PCOS so it is VERY hard for me to lose weight) Please don't let the scale de-rail you. Think about how much better you feel and how much healthier you are because you are working your body. :flowerforyou:

Stay encouraged and stay motivated

Omg I just discovered this this morning haha ! I was really sad at first but mfp friends and advice to the rescue!

And does everyone get to the advanced moves before moving onto level 2? I'm sure its been said before but I am on my mobile its a tad harder to browse
  • Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like they need 3 seperate sets of weights when doing 30DS? It's almost like I need a lighter weight for lots of the shoulder work (my obvious weak point), a medium set for the bicep work, and then a heavier weight for the chest flies. I can breeze through those with the medium weight, but have to drop down to the lightest weight for my second set on shoulder work.

I guess my body is just out of balance in regards to strength among muscle groups. It will be interesting to see how this changes during the 30 Days.
  • uvrs53
    uvrs53 Posts: 2
    Options
    What's this 30 Day Shred? I would like to see if I can do it. I am new to the site, but hope to get off 40 lbs in the next year. Looking for friends and support. Thanks.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all -- this is my first day on Fitness Pal, and I'm actually joining to help me stay motivated. I'm on day 6 of the Shred, and unfortunately I have GAINED three pounds.

I know it's probably just water weight, but has anyone else had a similar experience?

I can feel myself getting more stamina, and I know that as bad as this is kicking my butt it has to be doing some good. It's just a bummer that the pants I've just started to fit back into are back in the drawer.

Heya lady. I'm in the same boat as you. Today is just day three and I'm up a pound and some inches... I think it might be best to not measure at all the rest of the first ten days, maybe measure at the end of each level, but I can't help it, I love having numbers to look at and see my progress.
  • ericadgood
    ericadgood Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey y'all -- this is my first day on Fitness Pal, and I'm actually joining to help me stay motivated. I'm on day 6 of the Shred, and unfortunately I have GAINED three pounds.

I know it's probably just water weight, but has anyone else had a similar experience?

I can feel myself getting more stamina, and I know that as bad as this is kicking my butt it has to be doing some good. It's just a bummer that the pants I've just started to fit back into are back in the drawer.

Heya lady. I'm in the same boat as you. Today is just day three and I'm up a pound and some inches... I think it might be best to not measure at all the rest of the first ten days, maybe measure at the end of each level, but I can't help it, I love having numbers to look at and see my progress.

My Mom (who keeps me accountable on this) keeps telling me to stop weighing, but I can't help it either! Yesterday I was 3 pounds up and .5 inches bigger all over. The good news it that I apparently dropped 2.3 pounds overnight, so I'm *almost* back to where I was when I started the Shred. :)

I was hopeful when I started that I might get under 200 by the end of the Shred, but at this point I'll be happy if I get under 210!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue though!
  • Mary_Kate
    Mary_Kate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 completed! My legs were not as painful today, could finally walk up and down stairs!

Forgot to take measurements at the beginning so doing that tonight. Haven't weighed in since I started as was afraid I would see a gain so will weigh in and measure again on day 15 to hopefully see some good results!
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day Shred. I am addicted to Jillian Michaels DVDs. We have a love/hate relationship! LOL! She and Bob Harper kick my butt a lot.

Three years ago after I had my daughter I bought this DVD. I did it everyday. Changed levels after ten days. The first 3 days were PURE HELL I could barely walk on day 3. However, after 30 days I had lost 12 pounds and was in my size 8 jeans (down from a 12). I continued for another month working in two of her other DVDs and then progressed to doing two levels on the days I did the shred. I ended up losing over 20 pounds in a matter of about 45-60 days. I LOVED IT! My problem was we bought a house and I got unmotivated and gained it all back. Over the years I know how quite the collection of DVDs by Jillian, Bob, and the Biggest Loser. The Jillian Michaels DVDs and Bob Harper's Inside Out Method DVDs are the best. The Biggest Loser DVDs are good but do not give you the results as fast. I am now motivated and back at it. Started this week and am so sore, but I know from experience it will work and the payoff is amazing!

Also, I always started with 2 pound weights until I got stronger. Once I got stronger I had a variety that I used depending on the exercise ranging from 2 pounds to 8 pounds.

Keep with it!! She is brutual but she knows what she is doing.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Well I discovered something quite awesome on day three. Today's the first day I wore my heartrate monitor and in the thirty minutes of shredding and stretching, id burned 318 calories. That's more than elliptical or running these days so I was super chuffed with those numbers, but the best part was my forgetting to turn off my monitor. An hour and a half of chitchatting with my mom later and id burned 794 calories in 2h13min! That's one HELL of an afterburn!!! :)
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.... I just started the 30 Day Shred today using 1kg weights (hope to up them in time), WOW is all I can say, I really thought I was reasonably fit but no no no. Shocked me totally.
    But bring on tomorrow!!!!
  • accusima
    accusima Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of level one day and I am loving this work out! The first day I had to stop constantly to catch my breath and chug some water. Now, I can already feel by body having stronger stamina. I'm not stopping nearly as much and able to complete full circuits.

I'm starting with 5lbs weights, which get killer with some moves, but my arms are loving the burn.

Anyone else find relief with the ab work?? I'm always thankful to lay down and rest my thighs... at least until my abs start screaming at me! lol
  • natzkj
    Options
    Just reading some of these comments and they are really encouraging. I have done level 1 sunday, monday and wednesday (had a rest tuesday). My legs are feeling really good, and i can feel the workout in my shoulders, which has really help with a shoulder problem i get from sitting at a desk all day. I really am looking forward to seeing/feeling the results after the 30ds.
    x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 level 2 and feel like the Dvd is quite good. I am losing pounds and inches. Also doing another bit of cardio in the evenings.
  • natzkj
    Options
    when doin the 30day shred, what do you putm on your exercise tracker? how would i go about recording it

thanks x