Reached my goal! One year, 60lb lost and a whole new me.

Options

Replies

• mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Awesome job you look great!
  • aleexFIT
    aleexFIT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look so good!! Congratulations! I'm trying to work up the courage to sign up for a half marathon, and you definitely inspired me!! Also, where do you shop?? I LOVE your clothes!

I shop at different places - honestly I am a shopaholic and it my shopping habit has been made so much worse now by the fact I fit in cute clothes. I just shop around though and try and find sale items or just general things I like, but some my favourites are Zara,Topshop,Forever 21, Miss Selfridge, H&M :)
  • aleexFIT
    Options
    wow that is an amazing journey. hot hot hot.
    so my question to you as you have inspired me heapes is how exactly did you loose it? how much calories did you consume per day, were you hungry - did you just stick with it. i really need help to loose 7kg. your advise would be much appreciated.
    im findng it hard to stick to my 1200 calories only (this is my 2nd week here)
    fantastic job !!

Just keep going and try not to worry about sticking exactly to the 1200, rather concentrate on the exercise and fitness and that will allow you to eat more. Also, shop around for lower calories food and snacks. My big downfall was that I had no idea how many calories were in the foods I was eating - but now the bread I eat is much lower calorie (wholemeal, smaller slices) and I have a variety of low cal snacks. Figure out the nutrition in everything, it's so satisfying being able to remain under your daily goal but not being hungry. You can do it!
  • kmp327
    kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are SMOKIN' hot lady! I had a similar start weight and a similar goal weight, so this is TRULY motivational. Congrats on your weight loss, your half-marathon milestone, and good luck on your continued maintenance!
  • poolchicko5
    poolchicko5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I hope this keeps a lot of people focused.
  • EvaKr
    EvaKr Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Woow you look great! You totally inspired me!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • _MsLysh
    _MsLysh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!! Congrats on everything!!! :smile:
  • ashleymarie9807
    ashleymarie9807 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!!
  • ThinVee
    ThinVee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I needed some motivation today - thanks for sharing and congratulations on all of your hard work!
  • fitafterjay
    Options
    This is amazing! Kudos to you
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! You look gorgeous!
  • darharmar
    darharmar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!!!!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal weight and completing a half marathon that is awesome.
  • aleexFIT
    Options
    Thank you whoever dragged this old thread up - just wanted to repost and say 2 years later I have been able to maintain the weight-loss through becoming interested in running.

I now eat over 2000 calories a day again but train a lot! I just wanted to let everyone know that losing weight and keeping it off is possible, don't let people tell you it isn't! When I lost weight I said it was a lifestyle change and I meant it. I've had the best 2 years of my life and feel so incredible knowing that I am healthy :)

1011926_10152471767920021_175881417_n_zpsd3c98c8a.jpg

1185678_10152641516785021_1758653707_n_zps22d587ec.jpg
  • Jett_05
    Jett_05 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! You look so glowing and healthy
  • girlsjustwanna13
    girlsjustwanna13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic! You look so happy and amazing! Big big WELL DONE!!
  • SuperJo1972
    SuperJo1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    To see that you have maintained this is just as inspirational as you hitting your initial goal. You are a great role model. :o)
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Way to be so dedicated and disciplined. You are a role model and inspiration to so many. Thank you for sharing.
  • OneImaginaryGirl
    OneImaginaryGirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I feel fantastic to finally be able to make this post. I've made one small thread of my own when I had completed most of my journey, and have reached my goal weight for a while now - but I wanted to hold out until today when I completed my first ever half-marathon.

Last year I was 185lb, unhappy & unhealthy when I joined MFP and decided to make a change. I was completely lacking in confidence, didn't believe I was pretty enough for anyone and constantly snacked on food which my body just did not need. I had no idea about the poor nutritional content of much of the foodI was consuming.

It has not just been a change in the way I eat and my nutrition, but also in my exercise and also my lifestyle. I would NEVER in a million years choose to go back to my old eating habits. I now have more energy, more confidence and feel so much better about myself.

It has taken me ~a year but I am now 135lb. Today I completed a half-marathon in 2 hours 10 minutes (in very bad weather conditions, I believe I could have done it in 2 hours had they not been so bad) and I could not be more proud of myself! :)

Here are some "old" photos

2010a.jpg
    edinburgh10.jpg

Now some new ones!

DSCF1731.jpg
    555534_10150813533140021_588860020_11940371_42519412_n.jpg
    DSCF25952.jpg

and finally my victory picture from today (I was too cold and wet to get one straight after the race so waited until I got home!)

DSCF2738.jpg

If I can do it you can too! :)

Edited to say.... I'm 19 and 5'7.

You were beautiful THEN, and you are beautiful now......
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!