Weight Loss and Thigh Gap Tips

Options

Replies

• jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    (I don't get the popularity contest part nor am I sure what clique I'd belong to since I don't speak to anyone individually on here but whatever)
    [/quote]

That wasn't about you personally, just no matter what thread I'm in it seems like people are just in attack mode! I just don't get that, as I thought we were all here with the same goal and looking for support. Again, didn't mean it to spark issues, wasn't trying to insult anyone. Girls with a naturally tiny frame and a gap aren't yuck.. but models who are 6ft and size 0 with their ribs and hips sticking out with a thigh gap= YUCK. And it breaks my heart that young girls aspire to be that way :(
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Girls with a naturally tiny frame and a gap aren't yuck.. but models who are 6ft and size 0 with their ribs and hips sticking out with a thigh gap= YUCK. And it breaks my heart that young girls aspire to be that way :(

fyi you just did it again here. The main point is no ones body is gross just because its not something you desire. That's the point i was just trying to make. It's one of those "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" kinda things.

At the same time you can think a skinny model is gross, someone else can think a fat person is equally or more disgusting. That doesn't make it okay to be so negative towards another persons body whether it be their choice or how they just look without trying.
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Someone 6ft tall should not be a size 0, it is unhealthy. And it's unhealthy for young girls to aspire to be that way. This is all I'm trying to say. I have 2 daughters, one who is 9 and so tiny, yet she drew a self portrait of herself where she was a giant circle with a head. There is something wrong if this is how children at that age already see themselves. I was underweight and I looked gross. If it's your natural look, it's totally fine. I do not think anyone is gross, but yes I think the skeletons people think they need to look like to be beautiful look gross. I do not think healthy thin people look gross. If you're going to take it as me personally attacking, the fine. I'm not trying to do that at all, but I clearly stated in my first comment that it was my opinion of my own body and shape. I apologize for stepping on toes by having an opinion on my own body.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Stand with your feet apart LOL
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Someone 6ft tall should not be a size 0, it is unhealthy. And it's unhealthy for young girls to aspire to be that way. This is all I'm trying to say. I have 2 daughters, one who is 9 and so tiny, yet she drew a self portrait of herself where she was a giant circle with a head. There is something wrong if this is how children at that age already see themselves. I was underweight and I looked gross. If it's your natural look, it's totally fine. I do not think anyone is gross, but yes I think the skeletons people think they need to look like to be beautiful look gross. I do not think healthy thin people look gross. If you're going to take it as me personally attacking, the fine. I'm not trying to do that at all, but I clearly stated in my first comment that it was my opinion of my own body and shape. I apologize for stepping on toes by having an opinion on my own body.
    That is an ignorant statement. Someone six feet tall with a small frame could very well be a size 0 and perfectly healthy. A 0 cut for a tall person will be very different from a 0 cut for a short person.

Please just stop. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on your first post, but you're just showing your *kitten* now. If "unhealthy" is the criteria for "ick," then I guess your full figure is ick, too.
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    That is an ignorant statement. Someone six feet tall with a small frame could very well be a size 0 and perfectly healthy. A 0 cut for a tall person will be very different from a 0 cut for a short person.

Please just stop. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on your first post, but you're just showing your *kitten* now. If "unhealthy" is the criteria for "ick," then I guess your full figure is ick, too.

I feel like although she is not coming across very nicely, I might understand what she's saying...or maybe I'm just reading selectively, but the point I agree with is that even though some girls are naturally tall and thin, this SOCIETY had decided that that is the ideal - and that is not natural, fair, or okay for everyone to be aspiring to be.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I feel like although she is not coming across very nicely, I might understand what she's saying...or maybe I'm just reading selectively, but the point I agree with is that even though some girls are naturally tall and thin, this SOCIETY had decided that that is the ideal - and that is not natural, fair, or okay for everyone to be aspiring to be.

I agree. But that does NOT make it OK to bash those who do achieve it -- or are that way naturally.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    To quote a very wise friend:

You put a man in there. Duh. What DO they teach in schools these days?

Oh god. I died laughing.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Be born with the genetics that give you one. A thigh gap is not a measure of how skinny you are.

Stole the words right out of my mouth: genetics

Eggzactly. And don't make a fetish out of thing that are silly.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Not to derail, but does anybody know how I can get 3 inches taller?

String yourself between two horses and have them pull in opposite directions.

This. ^ ^ ^ :laugh:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Not to derail, but does anybody know how I can get 3 inches taller?

balenciaga-fall-2006-harness-platform-boots-black.jpg
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you suspect these girls and women have eating disorders, why ridicule them? A lot of people with eating disorders develop them because they already feel terrible about themselves or their place in the world as it is.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    i dont understand it either it just attracts the losers into fantasizing of sticking their rod, stick, or johnson there.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Lol. I've never heard of people wanting a "thigh gap" before MFP.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    rickets will cause high thigh gaps
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    a healtier way ....my head
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I used to get made fun of when I was little for having a thigh gap... I always tried to push my legs together more so there wouldn't be a gap there.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    have wide hips
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    Be born with the genetics that give you one. A thigh gap is not a measure of how skinny you are.

This is so true. I'm 5'4" and 175lb (so not exactly skinny) and I have a substantial thigh gap. I'd never heard this trait referred to as something attractive before - it seems a wee bit random to me, but hey.