Older man with Younger Woman (Ladies Only)

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    each to their own. I find men who want to date much younger women are very immature themselves so in a way its a good match, its a question of dating equals and people who are emotionally your equal. worry that they want to be in control and don't want an equal.
    My husband is 12 years younger than me and in many waysmuch more mature than the men I used to date who were my age or older.

So let me get this straight. Men who date younger women (this would include me, at various times in my life), are either very immature, or want to be in control rather than date an equal.

But you, who married a man 12yrs younger than you are...don't fit into either of those completely inaccurate stereotypes...just because you're not a man??

Don't call people out for double standards. They get upset.

I however, enjoying watching the flames :)
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options

That being said, when my parents divorced, I asked my dad to PLEASE not to date someone my age. My stepmother is 14 yrs younger than him, which makes her only 5 yrs older than me.

Forgive me if this is too much, but what makes you think you had the right to say that to him? What if his perfect mate was your own age? You'd wish him to be alone?

How sad.

I would have to say at the time, I was being a bit selfish. My parents were married 35 yrs. The fact that they were no longer together, well it sucked!!! It wasn't that I didn't want my dad to be happy, I didn't think he would be happy with someone that much younger than him. I've grown to love and appreciate my stepmom regardless of her age. As of last month, they have been married 3 yrs..

My maturity level has improved as well since my parent's divorce almost 6 yrs ago.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    each to their own. I find men who want to date much younger women are very immature themselves so in a way its a good match, its a question of dating equals and people who are emotionally your equal. worry that they want to be in control and don't want an equal.
    My husband is 12 years younger than me and in many waysmuch more mature than the men I used to date who were my age or older.

So let me get this straight. Men who date younger women (this would include me, at various times in my life), are either very immature, or want to be in control rather than date an equal.

But you, who married a man 12yrs younger than you are...don't fit into either of those completely inaccurate stereotypes...just because you're not a man??

I guess sometimes the flames just get smothered and die lol.

Rarely is that a bad thing =p.
  • azdreams
    azdreams Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my hubby is 12 years older we have one child married 12 years
    mother is a cougar married a man 20 years younger they have been married for 15 years
    aunt is 9 years older than her hubby been married for 30 years
    coworker is 25 years younger than her hubby married for 12 years
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I didn't purposefully look for a man who was almost twice my age , my husband has always looked very young, he didn't have a single gray hair on his body, he was fit with smooth tight skin and a very charming smile. I just assumed he was 25ish and I have always unfortunately looked older than I am so he assumed I was at least 25 at the time. We got to know each other and fell hard. I have NEVER regretted a single day being with him, he gives his all for me and our children , works his butt off to provide for us and treats me as an absolute equal, if not better. He cooks he cleans (no I don't mean he does ALL of the cooking and cleaning lol) and he has never shied away from a dirty diaper. He is my rock and I wouldn't have it any other way. I truly believe he is my soul mate.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    34 is my age limit, personally (I'm 28), but I know lots of women who date guys who are 10, 15, even 20 years older than them, so I don't think it's unusual.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I certainly would have done so, if I'd had the opportunity, as.. to be honest, I prefer older men.

For whatever reason however, it seems I keep ending up with younger men being attracted to me, not the older ones *wry laugh*.

My partner now is 9 years younger than i am
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and my bf is 28. I don't consider the age difference at all, I actually think that I am more mature in some respects. We started dating when I was 17, so some people may think that's weird, but we are still together and our relationship is strong. I really don't think he would still be with me if he only liked little girls, haha.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My husband is 12 years older then I am. Me 26, and him 38. Most people are shocked when I tell them. He looks younger and we work pretty well together. We've been married 5 1/2 years.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • jmonique27
    jmonique27 Posts: 22
    Options
    I've dated a guy 15 years older than me (I am 23 now) He acts young though, it really depends on what your preference is. You also can't help who you are attracted to, no matter what their age is!
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    My husband and I are ten years apart. I am 27 and he is 37. We started dating when I was 18. I was in college, with no children when we started dating. He had already graduated college, had a great job, and 1 1/2 year old son. I never quite had an interest in men my age, because most were still boys, lol. We are now both very successful and have a family together. I don't think either of us were immature. We were both just very driven and focused on our goals.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    My brother did it the other way around and married an older woman. She is our mothers age! He's happy though and thats what matters!
  • kewpiepie
    kewpiepie Posts: 4
    Options
    I much prefer older men. My husband is 20 years older than me and we're very happy. He has also given me 3 fabulous step children to raise. It helps that he's gorgeous and very young for his age I suppose, but I've always gone for older men. My previous boyfriend was also 20+ years older. :blushing:
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My husband is 10 years older than me and gave me two awesome stepkids and one of our own. Wouldn't have it any other way! I fell head over heels for him and was ready to take on everything that came with him. Now, if his kids were little sh!ts it would have made things a lot harder lol. They're great though and I think of them as my own.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I have three older brothers, two of whom are more than a decade older than me (one 12, the other 14 years older) so I've never held to this myth that older men are more mature. They're not. They're just old. Same maturity level with less hair (sorry, boys.)

I think a lot of women who insist upon an age gap have daddy issues or some kind of weird understanding of maturity. A smart, mature guy doesn't need 20 freaking years to get there. If he isn't there now he won't ever be. I've met plenty of nice guys my age and younger. Some older, too.

Go out with who you like and don't fetishize age either way. You know...
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'm dating someone who is 10 years older than me. While I don't plan on marriage for quite a while with anyone, the age would not make a difference to me.
  • amelia2033
    amelia2033 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi, I'm sure there are a lot of women out there that would date older men, I see it all the time.... and I'm talking Huge age difference. I think men go through a change in their older years and they like to have another shot at it lol so they do look for the younger women, it's built in them. That leaves a big gap for the older women, she has been a wife, mother and gran-mother, and finds herself alone. WHERE are the older men: ? :) with the younger women.

But now the older women is finding herself, and younger men find her smart, intelligent, sexy, warm, compassionate, and can even have a conversation with her ... It has taken us many years to catch up to the older man younger women syndrome.... And why not??
    But of course there is a different spin on it, Older women, younger man: must just be sex, or he wants to live a better life, etc etc

Do they stop and think that maybe, just maybe... He loves her, for her.

What is age, But a number : clique, right? HAHAHA I believe some people are born with age, and other are born brand new....

We don't always choose who we fall in love with... be it color, age or other......

We are all ONE in this Universe....

Have I gone off the question matter here? I do that at times............

Answer: Yes, It's ok for Older men and younger women, same as Older women, younger men:

With all this said, my fiance is 25 years younger than me.... :)

Cheers Amelia :flowerforyou:
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    A woman told me the other day that there are women who would date an older man ( 10-15 years older) and even have a family. My opinion is she was wrong but I want to ask the ladies on MFP. What are your thoughts?

ok i'm sorry, i have to reply.

Guys are SUPPOSE to be OLDER. Historically, families would find men for their daughters to marry, and the men were usually several years older and well established in life, or if they were younger men they came from good families that could support the young couple.

So it's sort of ingrained in women to want older, more established men. Not necessarily mature mind you, but usually they have the car, the house, the job, etc, compared to younger men that live in basements, drive the family truckster, unemployed, etc. Are there old men living in basements? Of course. Are there young guys with houses, cars, jobs, etc? Of course, but in general, with age comes stability.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Being the product of an 18 year age gap, yes, women do go for older men, and they do have families with them.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend a very large age gap, because there is a generational block that's sometimes hard to get over. My parents had HUGE issues with expectations based on generational gender connections, and there was a LOT of resentment leftover that my sister and I had to deal with. Bad news bears, I tell ya.