You Know You're A Mom (or Dad) When....

Options

Replies

• grumpytroll
    grumpytroll Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When you reach into your handbag for a tampon and you pull out a Nerf dart.....
  • AshCakes88
    AshCakes88 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When you come home and automatically turn on the Disney channel...even when my daughter isn't home
  • cal1973
    cal1973 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Your teenage daughter tries on a lovely dress and you tell her she will 'be cold'??????? (When did I turn into my mother?)
  • RubysYummyMummy87
    Options
    When you find yourself laughing at spongebob square pants haha (: x
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    When your friends are letting you listen to their voice mail because your 1 1/2 year old called them and left a message.

How about when your friends call your cell while you are in the bathroom to ask if you are OK because your newest status on FB is "ejldfkjbn gm,b.,afhbnfa " ( my 3 year old jumped on the computer while I was in the bathroom)
  • maryaroy32
    maryaroy32 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Omg! I love this thread. I haven't laughed this hard in years!!!
  • iambabygoose
    iambabygoose Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When your on a casual sunday walk with friends and an ambulance drives past and you automatically scream "NEEE NAAAWWW NEEEE NNAAAWWWW!!"
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    When the house is completely silent, and you know that means there is something afoot. A house with four people, should never be silent, unless we are all sleeping. :-)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    ...you realize that things are suddenly too quiet, and you wonder what electronic device is in the dog bowl now. And then you wonder if you have enough rice leftover from when it was all dumped out on the kitchen floor to save the unfortunate electronic, eventually weighing the worth of whatever it is to the annoying aspect of shopping for more rice.

...it's usual to clean somewhere like behind the couch and hear "I've been looking EVERYWHERE for this!"

...the word "mama" never sounded so obnoxious when it's used to whine loudly at everything and anything out of place.

...you never get your own food to yourself, because whatever is on your plate MUST be a thousand times better than anything anywhere else. Ever.

...you forget entirely what it's like to sleep in.

...the answer to all your questions is always "no", "mine", or "more".

...conversations with other parents inevitably turn towards poop at some point.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    You have the stomach flu and your toddler thinks it's the most helpful/funniest thing ever to shove your head into the toilet bowl as you're throwing up.

Your child wants to show you his art work, and it entails finger painting with something brown and stinky that is NOT paint...and it's done on carpet.

Your husband's idea of a romantic gesture is giving the kid a bath.

You can't remember the last time your heels were worn by YOU and not your CHILD.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    ...when you are never surprised anymore at the odd places you find fruit snacks
    You mean to tell me that they do not belong in my son and daughters dresser drawers?
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    When 5 hours sleep a night seems perfectly respectable. And you have dirty hand prints on the walls you have given up painting over.
  • fteale
    Options
    Also, I just take it as read that there will be lego in my handbag at all times.
  • fteale
    Options
    I wish this site had a like button. I think I can relate to every single post so far.
  • fteale
    Options
    I can't keep away from this thread.....

When you are no longer that grossed out to be woken up in the middle of the night by your toddler climbing into bed next to you, and throwing up on your face.

When you are the first person to ever be admitted to your local hospital with a "sword injury" after being whacked in the head by a psychotic 4 year old wielding a plastic sword pretending to be a ninja.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Your child sleeps through the night, and doesn't fall asleep in your arms anymore. :(
    When you tell your child no, and they turn to you and look at you and give you a kiss, as if it makes it better.
    When your baby is coughing so hard on what ever drink they just inhaled, and you cup your hand under their mouth to catch whatever is going to come out.
    Your cleaning up pee on your parents wood floor because your sister decided it would be ok to let the baby run around without a diaper.
    You miss your preggo belly. :(
    When you find binkys in the washer.
    When you find your deodorant in pieces all over your bedroom floor
    When it looks like there is a termite nesting in your child's crib.

Thats all I have now, she's only 17 1/2 months old.
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    you lock the bathroom door because it truly is your only 'alone' time and you still hear banging... Mom... what are you doing in there?
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    you wake up with random toys in your bed that you know weren't there when you went to sleep (ex: plastic dinosaur and a yo yo this morning)
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    When you have become accustomed to a loudly-sung song at 5:30 every morning: "Toilet paper pleeeease, I poooooped aaaaaand peeeeeeeed."

Yeah.
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    when you have to dislodge an impacted poo with your finger as your kid is screaming bloody murder while on the side of the road during a trip back from the beach without flinching. (even though daddy is dry heaving in the front seat :-P)