Annoying Coworkers

Options

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Another co-worker, right now is screaming at the top of his lungs and NEVER shuts his office door His voice is always on 11. So distracting, puitting earphone on now.

Man I wish my old job with my nice office, now I've been relegated to a cubicle. I am very fortunate to have my job and I love my work and have a great boss but, co-workers can be and often are challenging. Period.

Argh! Earphones in ears now!

I wish I could use headphones...all I get is CNBC lol.
  • Lesah0808
    Lesah0808 Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm a teacher so I just stay in my classroom but my co-workers are annoying. The men are too flirtatious and the females are too occupied with my style.
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have one that spys on everyone in the office, and reports back to the higher ups. I have another that steals people's ideas, and passes them off as her own.
  • KristyJoy123
    KristyJoy123 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have THE most annoying co-worker. She is always HOVERING over my desk. Her office is just down the hall from mine and we share a printer, so every time she prints something, she stops at my desk and USES it to straighten her papers and then uses my stapler, even though her desk and stapler are only steps away. She always wants to talk to my boss and if she (my boss) isn't here within SECONDS of the time she usually shows up, Annoying Coworker is already at my desk asking where she is.

She drives me crazy!!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    What coworkers? :noway:

I work from home with 6 kids. I wish I had a coworker to talk to... and one who wouldn't mind doing some work.

Oh wait... I need a maid.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Mine walk the halls clipping their nails. Obviously the clippings don't make it into the trash. Sometimes they do it at their desk. It's nasty.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have THE most annoying co-worker. She is always HOVERING over my desk. Her office is just down the hall from mine and we share a printer, so every time she prints something, she stops at my desk and USES it to straighten her papers and then uses my stapler, even though her desk and stapler are only steps away. She always wants to talk to my boss and if she (my boss) isn't here within SECONDS of the time she usually shows up, Annoying Coworker is already at my desk asking where she is.

She drives me crazy!!

You need one of these - http://www.gadgetsdealer.com/product44239.html
  • josielynntaylor
    Options
    LOL THIS IS THE BEST STUFF I'VE READ IN A MINUTE!! From the haters to the people with the funny stories, thanks for giving me some laughs!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker that is texting ALL day long and she doesn't put her phone on silent or vibrate so you constantly here it go off...and I mean constantly in this instance.

I've got one of those too. She's in her 50's and is already a tad hard of hearing. I've asked her several times to put it on silence, but I don't know how to ask nicely anymore so I just don't. In addition, she has her regular work phone ringer set 3 volumes higher than any of the rest of ours. I can hear her ringer better than my own which is right next to me. THAT is annoying! Especially when she lets it ring while she finishes a text. LOL
  • Kelogik
    Kelogik Posts: 58
    Options
    I keep my headphone in all day.. you must email for my attention. This way it saves my co-workers from being cussed out by me!

LOL! I am SO glad I'm not the only one who uses this method!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I have 2 coworkers that sit and text eachother all day. Its getting really annoying. :explode:
    What do yours do?

That's none of your business unless you are their boss and it is affecting their performance. Get over it.

It is when they don't put their phone on silent!!!!!!! dinggggg dinnggggg dinngggg every two minutes...it's annoying!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have to add this...I have this other co-worker who when she gives me work she always (and I do mean ALWAYS) says "Here's a little more for you." No matter if she is giving me 5 things or 30 it's always "a little more." One day I am going to snap and run around my office screaming "a little more, I'll f-ing give you a little more."
  • CaterinaGrey
    Options
    If they can pull their weight, I don't care what they do, but when they can't pull their weight and/or I'm cleaning up their messes, THAT pisses me off

I'm with this. If I can get all of my work done with a few texts thrown in, it shouldn't be a problem. I don't smoke, but half of my coworkers take multiple smoke breaks. I am usually done with my work an hour or so early, and always pick up any slack or extra work that others may have. If I get everything done, it shouldn't matter if I'm texting or not. I always put the client first, and my phone is always on mute.
  • amosjo
    amosjo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to get a job, but you guys are making me kind of glad I don't have one. I forgot how annoying everyone else is.
  • gabbingfilly
    gabbingfilly Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ugh yeah. I think I am the only person at my job that doesn't smoke. It doesn't bother me that they do it, considering I was a smoker at one time and I totally get it, but it doesn't take 30-40 minutes to smoke. I think some of them have made a bad habit about calling up friends while they're taking their smoke breaks. :(
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have something to add..

I have a work friend that ALWAYS bother me on break while I’m sitting and enjoying the little bit of free time I have away from my desk. First off, my headphone are in. When someone has on headphones it is an unwritten rule that you DO NOT attempt to carry on a conversation with them! So, not only does she disturb my groove, but then will complain about her workload and manager. Hello.. this is my break! I don’t give two rats azz about that right now!

ANNOYED TO THE MAX!!!!!!
    :mad: :explode:
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    Mine takes dr's calls at her desk and I am now completely up to date about her yeast infection, staph, and the smell and consistancy of her bowel movements
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Only a minor annoyance, not really her fault that she is ill, but our receptionist has been off sick for nearly a month now which means me and the other admin girl have to take it in shifts to cover the reception, which means my usual work (of which there is volumes) just constantly piles up on my desk.

So I'll be glad when she's back and I can knuckle down with my work properly!
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    There's a lady (at least I think she is a female) in my office that has appointed herself in charge of the break room. I call her the "kitchen nazi" and/or "Igor." Igor is OCD. She knows the location of every single last item, down to which way the pot holders hang off the microwave cart. Every morning I move something around, something VERY minute. She notices EVERY single solitary time. By the next time I go in, it's moved back to its rightful location.

Maybe I have too much time on my hands, but for her to investigate things tiny little changes in the break room... she needs a time filler.
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Apparently I have a sign on my forehead that says "therapist" because I have so many co-workers who complain about other co-workers to me. Not to mention there are a few Negative Nancys that drive me nuts. Can't people just be positive!?