Do you believe in ghosts/spirits? Share your experiences!!

Options

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Yes of course.

My sister lived in a house a few down from my parents. At the time I was staying there with my fiance, and she told me she has seen a man standing around her back patio. The spare room she had always was cold and you couldnt breathe. The smoke alarms would go off with no smoke in the house. She got a kitten and it was terrified of the room and wouldnt sleep in it.

One night, sleeping over, fiance and I heard foot steps coming from the room and thought it was the cat. Next thing we know, the front doors handle starts rattling and the door is banging in the lock. The glass was being tapped on as well! Then it was like someone was running fast down the hall and the spare room door slammed shut. Freaky stuff.

Lights would flicker, cupboards would bang. My sisters room mate always felt like someone was suffocating her too. My sister told me one night she woke up to him staring at her from her walk in wardrobe. She moved out a few weeks later.

I am very sensitive, my intuition is amazingly accurate. In my dreams, I got to past lives and to family thats passed over.
  • Cougarsuz
    Cougarsuz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    when my grandfather was dying in the hospital I had a dream that I was in his hospital room telling him goodbye and that it was ok for him to go. In the dream he died, the song "pennies from heaven" started playing, and I woke up from the dream with a start, suddenly, like my alarm was going off and I had overslept, but when I looked at the clock it was only 5:10am (I get up at 7), so I rolled over and went back to bed. I called the hospital later when I got up to check on him and the nurse told me he passed away a little after 5am.....
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    my experiences, if told here, would surely get me flamed by the devout religious people.

I would rather only speak about them in a non-judgemental environment.

This.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm still uncertain about my beliefs, but I do have an experience.

When I was 8 my uncle died, about a year later I woke up and saw him in the corner of my room. He was smiling and glowing and as clear as day. I got scared and pulled the covers over my eyes. The next day I told my mom about it and she said "Your dad spoke with him last night."
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    My house has been 'haunted' since the day we moved in it in 1982. Things quiet down for a while then act up again. For instance, around Christmas the year before we had 2 (HUMMER!) tires fly from the front of our garage to the front of my car. Luckily it only broke the license plate holder. On that same day a wine glass flew off the wine rack in the kitchen and shattered into a million pieces. That is the worst thing that's happened, the first time I really felt scared by it and I felt then that it was something 'evil'.
    Today was a very calm day. I heard a door open, then slam shut. Of course, I was home alone so I went to investigate and no one was there. Duh. I don't even know why I look anymore.
    I can sometimes smell men's cologne in my hallway and there is none in my home because my husband and I are both allergic to perfumes.
    We can hear 'boxes' crash to the floor in other rooms, go in there and nothing is disturbed.
    The doorbell will ring and no one is there.
    Our padlocked gates will be opened but there are no footprints in the snow.
    Our many pets over the years have refused to walk through a certain part of the house, stare at the ceilings and bark at 'things' that aren't there.
    When we first moved in, at 10:45 each night we would hear (while in bed) a banging noise that sounded like someone slamming a fist onto a wooden table. BAM! BAM! BAM! Never could find an 'explanation' for that and it quit after 2 years. If we'd open the window it would stop, then restart after 10 minutes.
    Discovery channel wants to do a story on my house but I wont let them because I'm afraid I'd never be able to sell it if things got really bad and I wanted out of here.
    Thankfully it's more like a jokester than anything else.
    I'd also like to add that I'm the biggest skeptic. I've always tried to justify things that have happened and I rarely believe other stories that I hear from other people. I'm one of those types that if I can't see or hear it, it doesn't exist. Therefore, I do listen to other people's stories whether I believe them or not because I KNOW ghosts, spirits or whatever you want to call them, exist.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I believe :)
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My house it haunted. It was built in 1845. The person who built it, was the warden on the civil war prison in my town. In the cellar is an old wine cellar..but it was originally a jail...yes, really...used to house prisoners when the prison was full.

My family and I have had numerous strange happenings occur. Items fall from the wall...faucets turn on mysteriously...item disappear only to reappear days later..in the fridge, on the washing machine and other strange places. We hear footsteps and the sound of keys rattling. I hear walking around on the upstairs floor, long after the kids are asleep. I'll call up there..no one answers...footsteps continue. In the parlor room, the smell of cigar smokes appears out of the blue. My diningroom has an area of the floor that is hollow..it use to be an entrance to the vault in the old cellar room ceiling, where slaves were hidden.

We hear things...constantly. We've also found things..

People are always curious about my house..it has alot of history..many of the home's interior is unchanged from the time it was built..to preserve it. It's a big house..with an old servant's quarters...and a ghost named "Jim".. who's been seen in the backyard. One of my daughter's bff's..is also friends with the former owner's daughter..and would frequently spend the night...she confirmed the ghost in the yard..he use to take care of the grounds..he was never allowed inside. We see him alot..and the ghost of a "jingly" soldier. We are the first african american people to live in this house.

It's interesting. I've always been fascinated with the paranormal.....and we have it..right here in my house.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    The restaurant where I used to work had a ghost. Hes very harmless and a bit mischeivous. I used to see him fairly frequently..and he would also make noises in other parts of the building if you were alone there, which I was early in the morning often. Not Scary in the least...just unusual.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    my experiences, if told here, would surely get me flamed by the devout religious people.

I would rather only speak about them in a non-judgemental environment.

This.

Both of you talk, if they are religious... then they also believe in the spirit realm. and it is no different than someone saying "I saw the devil. He challenged me and I beat him and won a golden fiddle that sounds like shzzz.."
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    My house it haunted. It was built in 1845. The person who built it, was the warden on the civil war prison in my town. In the cellar is an old wine cellar..but it was originally a jail...yes, really...used to house prisoners when the prison was full.

My family and I have had numerous strange happenings occur. Items fall from the wall...faucets turn on mysteriously...item disappear only to reappear days later..in the fridge, on the washing machine and other strange places. We hear footsteps and the sound of keys rattling. I hear walking around on the upstairs floor, long after the kids are asleep. I'll call up there..no one answers...footsteps continue. In the parlor room, the smell of cigar smokes appears out of the blue. My diningroom has an area of the floor that is hollow..it use to be an entrance to the vault in the old cellar room ceiling, where slaves were hidden.

People are always curious about my house..it has alot of history..many of the home's interior is unchanged from the time it was built..to preserve it. It's a big house..with an old servant's quarters...and a ghost named "Jim".. who's been seen in the backyard. One of my daughter's bff's..is also friends with the former owner's daughter..and would frequently spend the night...she confirmed the ghost in the yard..he use to take care of the grounds..he was never allowed inside. We see him alot..and the ghost of a "jingly" soldier. We are the first african american people to live in this house.

It's interesting. I've always been fascinated with the paranormal.....and we have it..right here in my house.

Awesome!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me then, why are some people able to sense them and others can't?

Some people are open to it, and some are not. And by "open" I don't mean that some want to see it, and some don't because they don't believe in it - Its not something one can controll, its just the way they are... Almost like a "gift" they are born with. I have a gift of being able to eath almost any amount of spice and it doesn't bother me. My husband, on the other hand, cannot take any spice without sweating through his shirt. I didn't do anything to be able to handle it, its just me. I know spirits v. spice isn't a good comparison, but its all I could come up with having having this horrible head congestion all day!! lol

I guess, I am just stuck with taking to the wind, going to church to go though the motions... and believing in the unknown.

Don't get me wrong, I believe there are things that can't be explained, and I do believe in God,... but a little feeling or something every now and again wouldn't hurt.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

That's awesome. It really makes me curious as to why the spirits stay around. Like why is the guy sticking around in the yard? I don't get it. There's gotta be a whole nuther dimision to life that we just really have no idea about. I wonder if on the other side, they are actually just living life, just like we are here, only kind of in parallel, but sometimes we cross paths or something.
  • guildwars1987
    guildwars1987 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yeah I hear wind, doors/floors creaking, and things outta the corner of my eye too. It must be GHOSTS... no wait it's not. DERP. Save the paranormal for the movies people. Coincidences and unexplained activity leave the weak minded with thoughts of ghosts and spirits. I could go on and on and on but I guess some people's minds just don't mature.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    I am a bit curious, I feel like my experiences with spirits have been positive. How many of you have been terrified?
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    Yeah I hear wind, doors/floors creaking, and things outta the corner of my eye too. It must be GHOSTS... no wait it's not. DERP. Save the paranormal for the movies people. Coincidences and unexplained activity leave the weak minded with thoughts of ghosts and spirits. I could go on and on and on but I guess some people's minds just don't mature.

And this is what we don't need. We all have our own beliefs, but you don't see the people here being *kitten*'s but those who don't believe in it. If you don't just move along with out insulting. Kthx.
  • loislane22
    loislane22 Posts: 71
    Options
    bump
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I am a bit curious, I feel like my experiences with spirits have been positive. How many of you have been terrified?
    I've been terrified once when tires flew across my garage and hit my car and a wine glass flew off a wine rack in my kitchen and shattered.. both on the same day. After that I felt like my 'ghost' or 'ghosts' were evil. I went to a Catholic church and bought a St. Michaels necklace, put holy water on it, attended mass and I've felt better since and nothing crazy like that has happened since that day. Just irritating stuff like noises and other things I posted in a dif response to this forum. I've never seen our 'ghost' but we hear it doing stuff all the time.
  • Cougarsuz
    Cougarsuz Posts: 20 Member
    Options

And likewise some people's minds remain closed, judgemental, and arrogant. Sometimes you gotta believe it to see it, not the other way around, sweets!
  • SnowWhite824
    SnowWhite824 Posts: 210
    Options

And this is what we don't need. We all have our own beliefs, but you don't see the people here being *kitten*'s but those who don't believe in it. If you don't just move along with out insulting. Kthx.

If you have something to bring to the conversation, agreeing or disagreeing with whatever the topic is, then bring it. But I agree - If your just going to come on here, waist your, and everyone elses time by saying that anyone that doesn't think what you think is imature... Then I think you need to take a long look in the mirror, and realize who really is immature.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I had numerous stories but this one is probably my most unforgettable experience.

It happened 18 years ago while I was on my way to our then mini-store. Our tiny 15 sqm store had a small window just a meter away from the entrance that I can get a glimpse to see if somebody is there. So I was walking towards that store to buy a soda & as I stared at the window, I saw someone inside in a white long shirt & long hair. I initially thought that it was our store cashier but when just as I was about to enter the store, suddenly I saw no one there & it was all empty. After a few minutes our store cashier came from the outside but she was wearing a red blouse & I realized that her hair was short while the one I saw a while ago had a long hair. Truely what I saw in the window was a ghost since the door entrance & the window are only a meter away & that if somebody entered or came out of the store, I would clearly see it but then I didn't saw anybody passed thru the door. I have never seen nor "feel" any spiritual vibes before & that one made me feel a bit creepy.