Faking Stats? I wonder....

Options
trenai77
trenai77 Posts: 10 Member
Do any of you wonder if any MFP members fake some of their stats just to get praise and attention from others? Maybe they didn't actually lose this week or do any exercise for the day. (it was just on my mind, lol)

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Some people will always fake on the internet..... or in bed.

Accept it as a fact of life.
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hmm I know I don't fake but I am sure some ppl do!
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I guess they are out there, but I just wonder why someone would do that. You're only cheating yourself!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    yes I think some do. And you know what...it doesn't really matter, all they are doing is hurting themselves.

someone elses fake number doesn't hurt me, or you, and if we offer them a congratulations or a way to go, they know it's hollow....deep down inside they know they don't deserve it.

So fakers? Yup....worried about it? nope....
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Some people will always fake on the internet..... or in bed.

^^^ :laugh:
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<< TOTAL FAKER
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I am sure there are those out there that do ... my thoughts on it are it only hurts themselves! I try to encourage those that need it and be positive.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    Not me! I do this for myself, so I don't really care what anyone thinks of my journal or my progress. However, I'm quite sure there are people out there who do!
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I guess they are out there, but I just wonder why you would do that. You're only cheating yourself!

^^^^Exactly what I was going to say.^^^^
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i guess it's possible

but i don't worry about it really

they'd only be hurting themselves with the lies:ohwell:
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Never wondered... don't care what other people do. That would be their loss!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Some people do, i wouldn't doubt it. If so, i'd say they are here for the wrong reasons.
  • GFab
    GFab Posts: 75
    Options
    Possibility.....I don't because I do this for me.....the support of my friends is what keeps me going. But you never know....:frown:
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the trolls do.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Possibly, but they're only cheating themselves.

If getting attention from strangers for something they didn't do makes someone happy, I guess I could care less....
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I think people do. I also think people do so unintentionally. I once saw a girl whose wrist measurement was impossible for even an infant. I just rolled my eyes. I'm pretty sure some people can't use a measuring tape correctly.
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My numbers have been honest but I don't put up any pics because I've never liked any pics of myself, yet alone pics of me before my goal weight. I'm probably not the only person here to put up decent numbers and not offer visual proof..... just a thought.
  • vernessie
    vernessie Posts: 47
    Options
    Their make be people on the site who fake stats, but me personally do not fake my stats. What would I have to gain. This journey is a lifestyle change for me and for most part everyone else who is trying to lose weight.

Just my two cents added
    :smile:
  • lovesweetlove
    Options
    I always think that about people's journal entries! Sometimes I'll see entries that make me wonder... Sometimes though, I guess people really think it's 1/2 a cup when really its closer to 1 cup, ect.

Whatever floats their boat. I try to be brutally honest because in the end, I'm the one who wants/will get results.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    YES