Faking Stats? I wonder....

Options

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't pay enough attention to anyone else to care if they are faking. I'm completely self-absorbed.
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My numbers have been honest but I don't put up any pics because I've never liked any pics of myself, yet alone pics of me before my goal weight. I'm probably not the only person here to put up decent numbers and not offer visual proof..... just a thought.

^^^^^totally this.........not to mention..............i've been here a long time.............and sometimes in the past i'd think i was doing well.......and then in chime the critics and *****es.......

so this is strictly my affair
    anyone else is just here as my pal, not my advisor unless i specifically ask
  • Chellie74
    Chellie74 Posts: 23
    Options
    They're only hurting themselves. While, we're here cheering them on and posting how great they're doing....they're eating a bag of chips.
  • tomakehermine
    Options
    Never even thought about it! I removed my "automatic posts" on newsfeed about when I complete my diary, how many days I've logged in, and finally I even removed my daily exercise posts. Because really, I don't need people to say "WTG!" or "Happy 250!" to help improve my life. But I also recognize that there are many, many mentally unstable people out there--- and for today at least, I hope I'm not one of 'em!

i didn't know you could do that! i might have to shut some things off also.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Don't whittle on God's end of the stick!!

O_O what on earth does this mean? It sounds dirty.
    I'm sure people do. But it doesn't bother me as much as when people take "progress photos" or "before and afters" and the newer photo is them sucking their stomachs in. Makes me laugh.

^^ this
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Of course they do. Some people will always seek attention even on MFP. When I come across such folks there is a way to deal with them. DELETE. I don't need children playing such games on this journey with me. I have 3 sons already.

FAKE.

~Alexander O'Neal
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    <
    Yes. I fake everything. This is not even my real hair color.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I TELL EVERY WOMAN I TALK TO ON THE INTERNET I'M 10 INCHES WHEN I'M REALY 1.5.
  • terrimcnamara2012
    Options
    well if they do they are the only ones they are fooling...and all the praise in the world is not going to change how much they weigh or the fact that they are kidding themselves. I certainly do not need to get unearned praise for something i have not done. I want to be proud of what i have accomplished.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Well there has been a few cases of people photoshopping fake pictures of themselves and using them in succsess story posts,it doesnt really bother me just seems kind of sad
  • shannairl
    shannairl Posts: 65
    Options
    I couldn't be bothered faking, I used this as a food log for a while before I got the hang of it anyway.

It does make me roll my eyes a bit when I see people logging stuff like cleaning, shopping and cooking every day.... I mean I have logged cleaning, ONCE, when I did a mammoth 6-hour session of it. Even then I only logged it as 2 hours because I think MFP way over-estimates the amount of calories burned by stuff like that.

But if it makes someone else feel better, then who am I to judge - they're only fooling themselves!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in faking anything....
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    This is really 12 inches.

03-tool_about_6_inches.jpg
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Not me! I actually don't post a lost pound until I've seen it gone a couple of times - just to be sure. AND sometimes I run JUST to get the praise and attention - yup, I am an 'Attention *kitten*" and won't move a muscle unless someone is there to say, "Good JOB!!!" - But i NEVER fake it (well here, anyway... bed is different - ha ha j/k) Why would I?... I am doing this for ME! I have, however, thought about faking my food diary a few times, to make it look like I have eaten better than I actually have - but, then I see no point in that either - I am accountable to me and to my friends - it make me DO BETTER! No point in faking anything here!
  • vernessie
    vernessie Posts: 47
    Options
    I guess they are out there, but I just wonder why you would do that. You're only cheating yourself!

I just think some really over exaggerate the "calories burned" like who burns 300 cals cooking supper for an hour? Are you working in a restaurant? Or are they just grossly misinformed? Or am I the one that's wrong?

If so then direct me to the kitchen :noway:

I agree, I stop logging daily non-exercise activity
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes I do think this happens but being kind anyway and show compassion.
    I like this "Cultivate kindness for the good of your own health. Improved psychological health and happiness comes from thinking more positively, and kindness is a positive mental state. While kindness is about giving and being open to others, giving kindness returns a sense of well-being and connectedness to us that improves our own mental state and health."
    I love being here......I love receiving and giving kindness. Who am I to judge?
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    Of course there are people on here that do! Just like on Facebook.........."dude, in Hong Kong doing something righteous"........then you see them that same day at the gas station........umm.........whhaaaattt? :huh:

I obviously don't lie cause my weight hasn't moved in a while and I freakin' logged my sonic blast from last night! BAM!! :happy:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    It's like faking an orgasm. You do it so that your friends don't feel bad after all of the time they've invested in you.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

LMAO!