Hottest Geek/Nerd on MFP

Options

Replies

• EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm currently read LOTR....again! Does that count??

Late bloomer? I guess a few points can be had... I read the whole series by the time I was 8 and the hobbit I lost count how many times ive read it. I once did a book report on the hobbit and wrote the entire thing in elvish script. I got an A

lol ok you win - I also have a Maths degree and I'm a software developer :-D xxx
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Ive read the entire A Song of Ice & Fire saga......and I have a printed out map of Westeros

How is dances with dragons? Only one I haven't read yet.

Much better than Crows, which I had to force myself to finish

Crows was painful....I had to do the last half via books on tape.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Can I at least winbest nerd arms?

Of the current submittals, yes sir!
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    <--- female engineer who lifts heavy ...just sayin ;)

nice profession you get extra points lol
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I'm a word nerd, love the Dune and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series, and would watch Merlin and Stargate repeatedly if it weren't for the dang kids.:bigsmile:
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I can speak Excel and VBA and read technical manuals for fun. That's gotta qualify...

sweet you fall into the 10 types of people out there.. those who understand binary and those who dont
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I can speak Excel and VBA and read technical manuals for fun. That's gotta qualify...

I love visual basic

excel is my mistress
  • Motivation
    Motivation Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Does having The Robot from Lost in Space on a keychain count? When you push down on it's head it's says things like "That does not compute" and "Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!"
  • Motivation
    Motivation Posts: 64 Member
    Options

sweet you fall into the 10 types of people out there.. those who understand binary and those who dont

I C WUT U DID THAR!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

No matter how many times I hear this joke, I still laugh.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    I'm a word nerd, love the Dune and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series, and would watch Merlin and Stargate repeatedly if it weren't for the dang kids.:bigsmile:

Happy towel day tomorrow!
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Loves it haha

I'm a Java, Visual Basic expert....we HATE excel. Always believe we can create a system that works better. :-D

Also - SQL is god
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Can I at least winbest nerd arms?

Of the current submittals, yes sir!

I've gotta at least throw my hat in the competition....adding to my pics now....

1670139_4313.jpg
  • darkknightfan
    Options

I love visual basic

excel is my mistress

personally I speak PERL and SQL.. Teaching myself VB
  • darkknightfan
    Options

Happy towel day tomorrow!

Remember the answer is 42
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Ive read the entire A Song of Ice & Fire saga......and I have a printed out map of Westeros

Shut your whole entire face...and I added you without even KNOWING that.

We get extra points for that... right?!

christine- i would nominate you but you even admitted you were too cool to sing along with me today-- tempted by a fruit of anotherrrrrrrrr
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Does having The Robot from Lost in Space on a keychain count? When you push down on it's head it's says things like "That does not compute" and "Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!"

I have a cryptex on my desk that I won from Google Da Vinici code Quest ... 24 puzzles one of a few thousand who finished
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Timmymon... cuz he gave me book suggestions that were awesome. And we geek out about philosophy. He's smarty pants!
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    Can we self-nominate? I have serious geek credentials.
    For instance, right now, I'm working on solving a problem using a zero inflated negative binomial regression using Stata.

I win.:wink:
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    I can recite every word to Weird Al Yankovic's White and Nerdy.....