The most annoying 'compliment'?

Options
I just wondered if anybody else had some really annoying 'compliments' that they get from people after some weight loss.

My favourite is 'you're wasting away!' - no. I'm clearly not, am I? I don't know why, but this one really annoys me.

Replies

• chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    That along with, you're so skinny! You don't need to lose any more weight. Yes, I do. I haven't even reached my healthy BMI yet. And any compliment which is followed by their excuses as to why they cannot eat healthy or exercise.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    you have such a pretty face!
  • row_rivers
    row_rivers Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    "you're smart, you're pretty and now you're skinny! it's too bad you're short!"

and

"stop going to the gym, girls shouldn't have muscles."
  • bawalker11
    bawalker11 Posts: 78
    Options
    Good topic, I have a few of these. . . When I lost a bunch of weight before it drove me nuts when people would tell me I lost weight, not compliment me or ask if I have they would just say "hey you've lost weight" like it happened behind my back when I wasn't looking, I never know what to say back. Also when people start telling you where they can see it and analysing your body like, "hey you've lost weight haven't you, you can really see it in your face," etc. These are usually the same people who chow down fried noodles for lunch and like to tell me what the best diet plans are. The absolute worst, and I know it is meant to be nice, but when someone says "hey you've lost weight, you look good," like I just looked awful before. That one always makes me chuckle.
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    you have such a pretty face!

This. Really? I'm so fat that all you can come up with is you think my face is pretty? Which you probably only said it because you felt you needed to say something and that was the first thing you could come up with. Or "You tan well!" ............... fml
  • fitforlifeee
    Options
    "You don't NEED to lose weight." & "You should eat more."
    I'm not friggin' underweight and I'm just trying to lose the excess fat. Nothing wrong with that.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get annoyed with compliments. :bigsmile:

Hasn't happened yet. :ohwell:

I know you all have worked hard for it. :drinker:

Maybe someday for me?:blushing:
  • Insangelous
    Insangelous Posts: 33
    Options
    "you're getting too thin, huh? you know that boys don't like skinny boys, right?" oh yeah, thanks
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    get off me i cant breath
  • bloodoner
    bloodoner Posts: 9
    Options
    LOL. I just commented on someones blog post that I can really see the weight loss in the slimming of her face. Not 1 min later read that it might be on this blog as annoying. Oops. I really meant it though. Her face looked really different and IMO prettier.
  • yoyoannieo
    yoyoannieo Posts: 42
    Options
    mine was "you dont look too bad considering youve had a child..."
  • hsaab
    hsaab Posts: 36
    Options
    "Wow you lost so much weight, but you weren't fat before, but you look better now!"

Pretty much u used to think I was fat, felt bad after u said I lost so much weight then went back to realizing that you used to think I was fat. haha jks
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    An old boss came in was asking after everyone and my new boss mentioned me and he said 'Oh, the fat one?' and she said 'Not any more!' and was really pleased with herself and came over to tell me what she said. Sort of a compliment, sort of makes you feel like crap!
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    mine was "you dont look too bad considering youve had a child..."

See that would get a smack in the face, right there. LOL
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Not a compliment, but because I'm not overweight people ask me why I log my food and count calories..

It can get annoying when they don't understand that I need to be aware of what's going into my body and that if I don't keep track I'll eat everything and become overweight. :P
  • wbahc
    wbahc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good topic, I have a few of these. . . When I lost a bunch of weight before it drove me nuts when people would tell me I lost weight, not compliment me or ask if I have they would just say "hey you've lost weight" like it happened behind my back when I wasn't looking, I never know what to say back. Also when people start telling you where they can see it and analysing your body like, "hey you've lost weight haven't you, you can really see it in your face," etc. These are usually the same people who chow down fried noodles for lunch and like to tell me what the best diet plans are. The absolute worst, and I know it is meant to be nice, but when someone says "hey you've lost weight, you look good," like I just looked awful before. That one always makes me chuckle.

Hilarious! I love how you stated this, like the weight loss happened behind your back. LOL
  • chanson104
    Options
    I agree with these!! It is akward when someone just simply states, you've lost weight. I've just started saying, yes, I have. Thanks for noticing.
  • chanson104
    Options

Hilarious! I love how you stated this, like the weight loss happened behind your back. LOL
    Maybe next time we should act shocked.
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Maybe next time we should act shocked.

HAHAHA!! I lost weight?!?!?! Where??? Can you help me find it?!?!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Not a compliment but my boyfriend at the time (EX NOW!!) told me i would probably be a lot better in bed if I wasn't fat... ummm thanks.... :huh: