Options

Replies

• skiniewannab
    Options
    "Your losing weight just in your chest"
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Most annoying right now would be my Aunt. She's in her 60s and is heavy only in her stomach and hip region and even then not to any extent since she can still wear smaller clothes than me. She thinks she's humongous and every time she sees me she has to tell me how jealous she is of my getting smaller. This woman wears clothes several sizes smaller than me and she's jealous? I get where she's coming from but still, it's just something that rubs me wrong.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    "Ewwwww....you're gettin' all skinny!" from a co-worker. I wanted to punch her in the face! I'm far from skinny, it's not my goal to be skinny, and I hate the word skinny.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    "I wish I had as much motivation as you do." = "I don't want to admit to myself I'm lazy, so it's easier to believe you have some superpower I don't have."
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    "Your not fat! You dont need to loose weight! Im fat and NEED to loose weight! " Says the person who has no fat on them...

This is my coworker who is so skinny you can wrap your hand around her thigh and still have extra hand. On top of that, she is always cold, so she has the heat on in the summer and I have to work in an oven.

I think the worst conversation was this:

Friend: So, you've lost weight?
    Me: Yeah!
    Friend: How much have you lost?
    Me: Around 40 pounds.
    Friend: What size are you wearing?
    Me: I just bought a pair of capris in 12/14.
    Friend: Well, you know that they resized everything so that a 12/14 is really a 16/18, right?
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    The take-away from this.... don't bother complimenting anyone on their weightloss, because even the most innocent compliment will be taken wrong by someone.
  • lizzy00125
    lizzy00125 Posts: 138
    Options
    This was from a co-worker that hadn't seen me in a couple months, "wow, you're so skinny. Are you eating? You should gain some weight. I'm going sit you down at the chow hall and make you eat like 3 plates."
  • cyn4him
    cyn4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    mine was "you dont look too bad considering youve had a child..."

I hate this one..... you look good for having kids.... I tell ppl all the time... stop at you look good.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    The take-away from this.... don't bother complimenting anyone on their weightloss, because even the most innocent compliment will be taken wrong by someone.

not is the person you are complimenting is a good friend or has a good self-image of themselves...

by the way Trail, you are looking sexy! ;D
  • ma66ie72
    ma66ie72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I know, right! ? I’ve been reading through these and none of them are seriously horrible! Good grief…I know I’ll never try to say something nice to someone “dieting”again…. super sensitive. People have said much worse to me and I recognize that they are not trying to be hurtful…get a grip people!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

not is the person you are complimenting is a good friend or has a good self-image of themselves...

by the way Trail, you are looking sexy! ;D

Right back at ya, legs! :love:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    When I saw my trainer last week I was just getting over a bad flu and she said
    "Wow your stomach is looking really flat, must have been all that puking"

:grumble:

(I threw up ONCE)
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been said or not..but mine is "You look so good now!" Even if all you said was you look good, it would be ok...but you look good NOW?

What did I look like before? The great white whale?
  • pgfitmom
    pgfitmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh, you are tall. You wear it well.
  • citydwellers
    Options
    My sweet Aunt told me..."oh I can tell your happy...all fat women are happy!" Gee thanks!
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    "You look amazing....TODAY." B*tch please I'm amazing all day erry day. >:C

"Your chubby cheeks are so cute!" Uh thanks.. e_o
  • onewhodiets
    onewhodiets Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    One friend, whom I've seen only from time to time during this period of losing weight, always looks straight at my chest when she sees me and says, with a big grin,"Your boobies are smaller!". She has this strange fixation on my chest, which I find annoying. She seems relieved that, at least if I am succeeding with my diet, it is coming off there too. Well duh and I'm fine with that, but maybe next time she can comment on my hips, which are also smaller!
  • yoyoannieo
    yoyoannieo Posts: 42
    Options
    mine was "you dont look too bad considering youve had a child..."

I hate this one..... you look good for having kids.... I tell ppl all the time... stop at you look good.

exactly!!
  • acman145acp
    acman145acp Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I must be mre vane than i thought.

I enjoy all the compliments i get.
    Even the "backhanded" ones because i know
    Those people are just jealous they lack the determination.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of people asking me how I've lost the weight, like I'm doing something other than working out and taking in fewer calories than I expend. The last few times someone asked, I just said "purging and laxatives" and walked away.