Women who don't accept male friend requests

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• aoikirin
    aoikirin Posts: 143
    Options
    Of course people have a right to have preferences on this matter, but the glaring issue I see here is presupposing that all men are heterosexual in the first place. There must be many gay men on the site too who are clearly not sexually interested in any of the women on here. I wonder if gay male friends would still come under the category of undesirable in the eyes of those women on here who avoid opposite sex friends out of respect to their husbands.
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Probably they have jeleous boyfriends/husbands or they think they are so beautiful that everyone will hit on them. I Love having men in my friends, they are very supportive and nobody never hit on me, told me anything rude not polite or harassing here at all I think guys here are great
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I dont accept male friend requests, although I dont have it posted in my profile. Although we all ultimately have the same goal, we reach it in different ways. Men dont have periods, carry babies in their bodies or have breasts as big as women. And I certainly dont care to share my personal thoughts on these topics with men I dont know. If I want a mans support, I reach out to my husband.
    In my personal life, I have friends of all walks of life. MFP is not my social network, it's my fitness tool.

This is my reason also.
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't have that disclaimer AND I've never received a friend request from a dude on here! :ohwell: lol I have however received a few emails and once they find out I'm married, I'm no longer conversed with. I can understand some women not wanting male attention. I sometimes go through my friends list (all women) and delete the chicks who don't talk to me, who are only silent peepers! :laugh:

Carry on.

11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • billcchilders
    billcchilders Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I say go with whatever makes you comfortable - Whatever helps you achieve your goal.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    They have jealous selfish husbands ;)
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Out of respect for my husband. :) Not because he forces me, or even asks me not to have male friends.... we just have an unwritten rule to keep everyone out of our bubble :)
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't accept male friend requests out of respect for my marriage. My husband and I have a great relationship and have a policy of avoiding any appearance of impropriety.We also do not allow a member of the opposite sex into our home when our spouse is not home and do not make friends with members of the opposite sex. Don't get me wrong we are friendly with people we just don't make them our close buddies or friends. Both of us do not have private passwords, emails or locked or password protected phones there are no secrets between us. No need for them. If I picked up his or he picked up my phone and looked through it, it doesn't matter, nothing to hide means nothing to hide. If he is in the shower and his phone rings I answer if I am in the shower he answers my phone. We are a married couple and everyone who knows us knows we are, so it is no biggie.

We have seen so many relationships start and finish since we have been together (20 years) and a lot of it had to do with having friends/facebook buddies etc., of the opposite sex and one thing leads to another and then before you know it the relationship is in trouble. We have also seen many people get together, get married, deal with infidelity and get divorced. Both of us were also in relationships where our partners cheated, and don't ever want to deal with someone who is not on the same page as we are with being faithful.

It sure makes life a lot easier when there is no suspicion of anything going on.
  • adrianfm1977
    adrianfm1977 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know this is most likely not a good post to comment on.. but i feel i have a small point..
    i agree that people male female put that they dont want ... requests .. but i also think that you shouldn't think that every man is the same ... on my page i have one male friend and the rest are females.. this isnt because i want eye candy or anything like that .. i want friends .. yes i get on better with girls than guys .. but i would stop anyone any gender adding me..

the simple thing is you have a delete and block ... let them add you life is short and friends that help are few... IF they do anything simple delete and block ..

I ALWAYS accept friend request any age any size any gender.. Im on here for my weight and health.. making a friend and learning thats a great bonus
    Adrian
  • gmgburton
    gmgburton Posts: 11
    Options
    Really, I thought the whole race thing went out years ago!!!!!! Enough already!!!! It's 2012!!!! Geeeezzzzz!!!!!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Out of respect for my husband. :) Not because he forces me, or even asks me not to have male friends.... we just have an unwritten rule to keep everyone out of our bubble :)

Nice cleavage shot.... for just the ladies or your hubby, no doubt. :wink: :laugh:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Nice cleavage shot.... for just the ladies or your hubby, no doubt. :wink: :laugh:

:laugh: :drinker:
  • misschubbybutterfly
    Options
    Maybe they only want female friends. Isn't that reason enough?

I guess, but enough to go out of their way to specify that male friend requests won't be accepted? I just don't understand why. It's mind boggling to me. What's wrong with male friends?
    boys have cooties?

LOL
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I don't accept friend requests from females who don't accept friend requests from men. That's just one of my rules.
  • nell1972
    nell1972 Posts: 19
    Options
    I haven't specified, but I know my husband feels uncomfortable with me having male friends - he is a cynical soul and generally thinks that any men befriending me may a) have an ulterior motive or b) I might behave outrageously with them. Neither is really true, but knowing he is uncomfortable makes me feel bad.....I don't want him to feel uncomfortable because I love him.

So, whilst I accept requests from any old female (where's the harm?), I do look twice at the male requests and aim to "recognise" who is requesting (whether from posting, or from previous links to other websites likes WLR). I would delete anyone who made inappropriate comments, either to me or on the boards!!!
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    I only accept female friends. I want friends with similar weight goals, fitness goals and calorie intakes as me... its as simple as that. No males would have these goals in common with me.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options

lol ... yes actually for the ladies, and my hubby...since I don't accept male requests. :flowerforyou: But in all honestly, its my fav pic of myself 25 lbs ago, and I use it for inspiration :blushing: