June Daily Step Challenge

Options
dancingj2
dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
Challenge is to do 10,000 steps in a day. You can do this for any one day or try for the entire month. Jump right in at any time! You can set a lower or higher goal if you wish. Our main goal is to keep activate every day!

It's easy to join - Just post here to begin!

You will need a step counter to keep track of your steps and then post your results daily here.

Replies

• Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My main goal for June is to walk more than I did in May, even though it's a shorter month. Will set other goals before 6/1.

Had a blast with the May Daily Step Challenge - thanks, DangingJ2, for throwing down the gauntlet and giving us all an extra motivation for the month!
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sure! I'll give it a go! I'll be interested to see what my May grand total is. I've only been averaging about 5,500 a day, so let's see if I can beat that.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    My step count has increased by over 1,000 from April to May. And it is way up from when I started in November (I think that is when I started). I did not keep a good track back then but I had lots of low days, some as low as 1,800.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I'm in again.
  • PK95
    PK95 Posts: 21
    Options
    I would love to join for extra motivation!!
  • Cresentsharps
    Cresentsharps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    this sounds fun - i'm in ^.^
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Note to self: Buy a pedometer now that you just agreed to do this. :D
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I`m in. Will have to use Wii step cos lost my pedometer when out walking on beach last week doh!

Will have to get a new one off amazon.
  • tina219
    tina219 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try. I don't know that I can do 10,000 a day, but I will definitely increase my steps :). Thanks for the motivation.
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Note to self: Buy a pedometer now that you just agreed to do this. :D

Lol Im also in and will also have to buy one xx
  • s3xipantz
    s3xipantz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I wana do this!! Getting a new step counter. But I'm in
  • bbshell0219
    bbshell0219 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm in as well! Off to academy for a pedometer
  • angeliqueib
    angeliqueib Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I know I am nowhere near 10,000 steps in a day now but I have been trying to increase my steps daily. This will be a great motivation to try harder!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am totally in!! I've got my FitBit and I'm finally getting back on track with everything so this will hopefully be easy for me! :smile:
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I am in again this month, now I just have to remeber to wear the pedometer every day.
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to see what I get. I'll have to find my pedometer again.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    In case anyone is looking for pedometer recommendations, I've been very happy with my Omron HJ-113. It tracks aerobic steps and minutes walked as well as total steps, calories burned, and miles walked. It has a 7-day memory and automatically resets at midnight. It even survived a trip through the wash (note: I do not advocate washing your pedometer). And it's reasonably priced - I paid $28 in a retail store, but I've seen it around $23 online. (I've paid more for pedometers that were less accurate and less durable.)

A lot of my friends here love their FitBits, but I need to decide to figure out whether the added features justify the cost for me.

Anyone else have pedometers that they're happy with?
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    In case anyone is looking for pedometer recommendations, I've been very happy with my Omron HJ-113. It tracks aerobic steps and minutes walked as well as total steps, calories burned, and miles walked. It has a 7-day memory and automatically resets at midnight.
    Anyone else have pedometers that they're happy with?

I have an Omron and i love it - not sure what kind it is. I got it for about $30 at REI. It tracks all that good stuff, too. it's been great!

i want to add . . . anyone who is thinking of doing this should do it! it's been such a wonderful thing for me.
    i can't wait to start on my second month.
    looking forward to adding up last month and making some goals for this month!

-Amy