June Drink More Water Challenge

Options
dancingj2
dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
Welcome to those continuing the challenge from May and a huge hello to you newbies for May!!

Do you have a hard time drinking your 8 glasses of water each day or even drinking 3 glasses? I do. That's why I've created a "drink more water" challenge. If you're interested, log in here your water amount daily.

Don't worry if you don't like plain water. Crystal Light, lemon and other 0-calorie flavorings are completely allowed. Anything to get you drinking more water.

I would suggest starting out slow and working your way up to 8 glasses. I've pushed water before, and it made me sick. That way your bladder will get used to the slowly increasing water amount.

I need motivation, so let's motivate each other to drink more water and feel healthier!!

Replies

• dancingj2
    Options
    Lamlam has a busy week and asked me to post this for June.
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I could use the accountabilty thanks
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in I need some help remembering to drink my water during the summer when I have so many other choices around all the time
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I would suggest starting out slow and working your way up to 8 glasses. I've pushed water before, and it made me sick. That way your bladder will get used to the slowly increasing water amount.

^ Surely this tells you that you don't need to drink so much!
  • lcomerford
    lcomerford Posts: 4
    Options
    Haven't had any water today. But am going to go drink some right now! Thanks for the accountability!
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Thanks dancingj2 for posting next month's challenge for me! My brother is getting married this weekend, and I have things to get done with that. Welcome to all those who are continuing this challenge and newbies!!! I will see you all next Monday! :drinker:
  • prettygirmel
    Options
    I'm in I have a really hard time drink 8 glasses of water. I have been able to drink more surgar free ice tea instead of diet sodas so count me in.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I generally do well in the morning, then start to slide all afternoon. You just reminded me to get another refill from the break room!
  • PSGPolly
    Options
    How does this work? Will there be somewhere else to post water drunk or will this only get going tomorrow?
  • dancingj2
    Options
    How does this work? Will there be somewhere else to post water drunk or will this only get going tomorrow?

Come back every day in June to post how you are doing. You can see how we did in May here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/581259-may-drink-more-water-challenge?page=10#posts-8855340
  • lcomerford
    lcomerford Posts: 4
    Options
    Drinking 3 cups right now! While working at the computer!
  • prettygirmel
    Options
    I drank 3 straight water and 5 unsweet tea they were 8 oz glasses. thanks
  • snidere
    snidere Posts: 2
    Options
    I love water with a few orange slices in it....it helps if you just don't like the bland....:smile:
  • dancingj2
    Options
    Daily goal is 8

6/1 - 12
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This is def a good challenge for me! I never drink much water but I've recently pretty much stopped drinking diet soda. I've just started trying different flavors of Crystal Light so that I can stay more hydrated.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks for the accoutability!
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Just finished #3. Tomorrow's #1 is by the sink.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I don't have trouble drinking water anymore. But I collected many ideas about how to make it easier to drink water in my blog. See http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/water-265761 Hope it helps!
  • dancingj2
    Options
    Daily goal is 8

6/1 - 12
    6/2 - 8
  • PSGPolly
    Options
    Daily goal is 8

6/1 - 6
    6/2 - 4