Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• khemory
    khemory Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Me also! I dont want to be smaller than a 6..Im 5'6, and wheni look back at high school pics of me where i was a 0 and couldnt put on any weight and still thought I was fat, boy was i wrong..lol. I was 175 this past November, and got down to 164 until I just started MFP hard core about 3 weeks ago and am 158. I cut out all soft drinks & tea, and I definently feel alot better. My goal weight is around 140...I dont want to be a boney, skinny person, id rather have some meat on my bones and look healthy!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My fitness goal is "stronger" and my vanity goal is to lose my little belly. I figure I'll finish NROL4W and go from there.
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    I fit into most size 10's now, but I would like to be a size 8. Even at 20 pounds lighter, I never went below a size 8. I'm 5'7" with a larger frame :)
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get down to 150 and maybe a size 8. I wouldn't mind getting out of double digit pants lol
  • aoife_griffin
    aoife_griffin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"6 and aiming for about 170lbs, I've been less than 160lbs but it's super difficult for me to maintain - I have no desire to be skinny, just smaller and tighter than I am now :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm not. I am a Size 2.

Or 0 on top.

Or 2, 4, or 6 on bottom.

It varies with the company and it's not especially meaningful information.

With commercial sewing patterns, it's a whole different, and bigger range.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Me! I am 5"4 inches tall but a large frame my goal size is between an 8-10. I didn't know 130 pounds would be a size 2?? I am 197 pounds at present and wear a size 16/18.
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am 5.5 and my goal is to be 150, that would take me to a uk 12/14 ,cant see me looking very healthy at my age if i went lower than that.but thats just me , last time i got near that some kind person said i looked gaunt and haggard, there is always one to make you feel like rubbish after all the hard work.
  • aheartbeatsos
    Options
    While I'm sure it is, I don't feel like I'd ever be able to get down to a size 2.
    I'm 5'10, medium frame with a black woman's build (wide hips, thick thighs, powerful legs).
    Currently in the mid-high 160s and in a size 15. Looking to get to 145-155 and don't see myself
    in anything below a 8/10 if not a 12. I'm sure if I was aiming to go lower I could get down to a 6 or so, but
    I like my curves :)
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    I definitely DON'T want to be a size 2! Maybe a size 6. No specific weight goal, I just need to lose a lot of body fat and get lean! :tongue:
  • knuckleswife
    knuckleswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I need to lose 89lbs. to be close to my recommended weight. At 211 I was a size 16 with a 36 in. waist. My goal is to be a 10/12 but toned with a flatter stomach. I would look like death warmed over at a size 2.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I've been wonder this for a while. I'm not looking to be a certain size (or even weight anymore). I just want to become more fit.
  • gendoll
    gendoll Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Me also! I dont want to be smaller than a 6..Im 5'6, and wheni look back at high school pics of me where i was a 0 and couldnt put on any weight and still thought I was fat, boy was i wrong..lol. I was 175 this past November, and got down to 164 until I just started MFP hard core about 3 weeks ago and am 158. I cut out all soft drinks & tea, and I definently feel alot better. My goal weight is around 140...I dont want to be a boney, skinny person, id rather have some meat on my bones and look healthy!

While I was looking through my old photos the other day I came across one of me before I got pregnant with my daughter. Was a size 0-2 and thought I was SO FAT. Why do we do that to ourselves? I'd take a size 6-8 any day now.
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    I haven't been lower than a 14 in 41 years. I think I was a twelve in middle school, back in the old days..... I'm aiming for 14, possibly lower. I have a feeling I would look sick or a lot older if I got down to even a 6 or an 8.
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    As I've progressed with this journey I've really had to accept the fact that being a certain size shouldn't be the most important factor. Sure for vanity reasons I'd like to be able to fit into a size 6 something but honestly as long as I'm able to look in the mirror and say daaang I'm lookin good, then all is well with the world :wink: I just want to be the strongest, healthiest version of myself and enjoy life while I'm doing it! :drinker:
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    lol, size what????????? Girl no size 2 is for 9th graders......I am a real woman!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have never been a size 2 in my entire life (somehow skipped that size while transitioning through puberty). I would be very happy to be able to get to and stay at a size 6-8 because that is a comfortable and realistic size for me as a "curvy" but short 5' woman. Everyone has their own comfort size/weight, and I don't think you should feel left out just because you don't aspire to be that small. I believe all of us are trying to attain a manageable goal, regardless of how that goal varies from person to person. For what it is worth, you have my support in your efforts to be as healthy and fit as you choose.

This is me. I had an ED and was 5'5" 103 lbs and still was a size 4! I'm 5'7" now, but also gunning for the 6-8 range. My husband would kill me if I went any smaller!
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Cheers to that. I like my round muscular booty. I just want to shed some fat to let it shine a little more. I'm 5'10" and I'll be happy and healthy with a muscular 160 lb. I think I looked pretty damn good when I was size 9/10.

I could see some tiny framed girls looking alright at size 2, so I don't mean to "hate", It's just not for this Amazon.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    lol, size what????????? Girl no size 2 is for 9th graders......I am a real woman!

lol really?
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm a UK size 8 (US size 4) and am honestly pretty happy with that. I'm 5'3, with a relatively small frame and am around 125lbs. To be a smaller dress size does not look weird on me, but I'm perfectly aware it could look odd on some people. The same goes for all shapes and sizes. Everyone has different aims and goals on here. Why focus on anyone else? Focus on you.