Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5" with a goal of 165-170ish. I havent really set a firm goal. Im just going to see where it takes me. However, I dont believe I will ever hit below those numbers. Ive never been fit/thin/whatever. Thats not what this is about for me.
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    some of these posts are soooo funny !

I am like the girl who totally went from birth to size 14 (maybe 16) and have struggled for forever !!!

I am reasonable -- I'd be happy with a 12 honestly. I feel like its attainable and manageable. Size 2
    I'd never eat again
  • ltmaas
    ltmaas Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks so much for this thread!!! I don't like obsessing over numbers and just want to feel and look good. Sigh...the joy of being a woman!!!
  • jenmcdav
    jenmcdav Posts: 67
    Options
    i am a 6/8 now and that is where i plan to stay!
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I want to be in single digit sizes so hopefully an 8 (I would be happy there!)
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me... though I have to confess without trying I did fit in my 15 yr old's size 3s...
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    lol, size what????????? Girl no size 2 is for 9th graders......I am a real woman!

Oh and this is just plain offensive. Some of my tops are US size 2s. Am I not a real woman because I'm naturally quite petite?
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be a size 2 and not sure as I ever could be again. I was 98 lbs at 20 but then packed on the pounds when I was pregnant and had cancer...lots of stress eating. I am 5'3" and 138lb (today, lol) and my original goal was 135 and now I want 125, lol. The thing I want the most though is a boob job if I can ever get to the point of affording it :)
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10ish and very large boned.
    My grandmother was a size 16 with size 10 feet so from a very non-scientific genetic point of view--- there's no way I could possibly be a 2 or wear a size 6 shoe. PERIOD.

Ideally, I just want to be a firm, tone, healthy 14 so I can FINALLY go to this one designer consignment shop and not only shop the handbags but shop the clothes too. :)
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Me, I'm aiming for a UK size 12, so I think that's a US 8.
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    Not me! I want to be around a 10/12
  • lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    im 175 lbsim 5feet 11. im a size 8. im happy. im just trying to get back on stage for a competition 1 more time before im too damn old!!LOL
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 at 140 I am a 10 and look dam good to... too bad I have 100 pounds to lose to get there :-(
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy, currently wearing size 34. I'm thinking my backbone has more than a 2 inch circumference, so no, I won't be going for a size 2 anytime soon. I'd need a saber saw. On, and to be dead. :laugh:

Seriously, though, women's clothing sizes utterly mystify me. How can a "size" be expressed by the number zero? :noway:

It's like Starbucks, a universe where there is no such thing as "small", "medium", and "large". It starts out a lie (no, that coffee ain't "tall" in anyone's book, sunshine) and then starts to use fancy foreign words to hide the fact that you are paying $1.50 extra for a "medium". LOL.

It's because no woman wants to say she wears a 24 or whatever is equal to a 4/6 - it's all marketing. That's all it is.

And If you'd understand the meaning behinds starbucks if you knew the company was started after an Italian journey. That's why they use those names.
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've never been a size 2. I was briefly a size 6 but I usually was around the size 8/9 back in the day and that's where I would love to be!

Funny thing is I was probably never happy with an 8/9 at the time but now I wish I was that size!
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    I would like to be a nice evenly toned 5/6 I might even settle for 3/4 but I am 4'11 and am supposed to be 98- 117. and Thats thin :/
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    Everyone is different so a size 2 might look normal for someone and then unhealthy on someone else. I think its a form of discrimination for you to say size 2 is a bad thing. Would you say a size 22 is a bad thing? Then whats stopping you from saying a size 12 is not healthy, or a size 30? Seriously, worry about you.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for a uk size 12 - especially in Jeans. I'm 5'5 and my target is 145lbs ( the top end of the normal range of BMI) My family have large bottoms so I know that I'll never be tiny in the trouser size.
  • facobbs1986
    Options
    My weight loss goal is 175 too. I definitely don't care to be a size 2.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm not interested in a size, I just want to be more toned. Sizes and numbers on a scale are easy, if not incomplete, measures of success. I'd rather lose inches because that means I'm toning. If the scale doesn't budge, so be it.