What quote motivates you? Here is my motivator!

Options

Replies

• kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    "Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it" Charles Swindoll. This has motivated me my whole life. Always keeps me positive and moving forward! Go "get some" today!

I actually already have this on my profile!
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    "You don't have to be great to start... but you have to start to be great."
    "If you wait for the perfect conditions, you'll never get anything done"

For the times I feel too scared to go out jogging (err, still working on that!)

And my personal one for myself: "Oi, stop eating so much you big fat chump!" :laugh:
  • sarahrichards81
    Options
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body

My (army) finace told me that this is often yelled at them by the scary (read mental) instructors during Phys but it's kind of become my mantra whenever I start to hurt at the gym.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming." - Dorie from 'Finding Nemo'

So love Dorie!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I will be singing that all day. HEHE!
  • SoIcouldbefreee
    Options
    “Hey, girls, you're beautiful. Don't look at those stupid magazines with stick-like models. Eat healthy and exercise. That's all. Don't let anyone tell you you're not good enough. You're good enough, you are too good." - Gerard Way.
    :)
  • lowash67
    lowash67 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No Pain, NO Sexy!!! ME!!!
  • davegruper
    davegruper Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    These are great motivational quotes. I like "If it is to be, its up to me"
  • Lainnee
    Lainnee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good one...I can relate!
  • davegruper
    davegruper Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results." --Unknown

I heard a story once where a coach was asked to explain the difference between being interested and commitment. So he asked the team, "Did you have ham and eggs for breakfast today?" The team nodded and the coach said, "In order for you to have that breakfast, the chicken was interested but the pig was committed.":happy:
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    "I will not be afraid to be successful" some of my favorite words....my husband and I tell eachother constantly--no matter what we are doing-trying to lose weight, taking a risk, buying a house....we are going to do everything in our power to achieve it because I will not let fear keep me from my goals!
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    "Excuses are the nails that build a house of failure" - my grandma used to tell me this

This is the best quote I've ever heard
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    “Though she be but little, she is fierce!” ― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream
  • stacie48
    stacie48 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Scars are like tattooes

They just have better stories!!!
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    "I really regret that work out"- Said Noone Ever.

I say this to myself all the time when I am debating on going to the gym. The outcome is always the same, if I don't go, I will always regret it. If I do go, I never regret that decison.

As silly as it is, I say it often.
  • JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step -Lao Tzu

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Some great quotes posted here! This is my current favorite, and although it isn't specifically about health/weight-loss it really gets me fired up to reach my goals.

"Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Without Him I could do nothing
  • SteviePaige
    SteviePaige Posts: 64
    Options
    Don't know who said them, but just a couple I've come across on MFP.

"Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog"
    and
    "The only workout you'll regret is the one you didn't do"

(Also, this is one of the BEST message board ideas EVER!!! Thanks all who shared!)
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    "The reason I fail instead of succeed is that I trade what I want most for what I want at the moment"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!