What quote motivates you? Here is my motivator!

Options

Replies

• cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    ** Courage to Start, Strength to Endure and Resolve to Finish. ~~ given to me on a charm so author unknown to me.

** I May not be able to change every Thing that I face, But I cannot Change ANYTHING until I face it. author unknown

**All that I am or hope to be I owe to my mother. Abe Lincoln

**It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop. Wisdom of Confucius

**There will come a day when I can no longer do this. Today is not that day. aurhor unknown.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    "use this in life in general but my this was the first words my trainer said to me when I said I Cant!:

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.
    William Ernest Henley
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. - Marianne Williamson
  • jburls23
    jburls23 Posts: 22
    Options
    "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming." - Dorie from 'Finding Nemo'

"It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul." - William Ernest Henley "Invictus"

I absolutely love the Invictus poem!! One of my favs!!
  • kimsue123
    kimsue123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    To thine ownself be true...
  • Rylie324
    Rylie324 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love this topic!

I have a few:

Your not going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have!

Do NOT reward your self with food, you're not a dog.

People who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it!

And my favorite

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Some great quotes posted here! This is my current favorite, and although it isn't specifically about health/weight-loss it really gets me fired up to reach my goals.

"Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson

you should listen to a song by a guy named "Keb Mo'" its called "let your light shine" and I love it! your quote reminded me of the song...the lyrics go.....So get out of the way and let your light shine, let your love show....its a short ride, down a long road....
    I'll check it out, thanks! :)
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Some great quotes posted here! This is my current favorite, and although it isn't specifically about health/weight-loss it really gets me fired up to reach my goals.

"Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson

Don't laugh but that made me tear up. It truly spoke to me!
    I feel the same way! Happy you saw it :bigsmile:
  • buffyblank
    buffyblank Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking down the road ~ paraphrased from Big Bird.
  • HisJellyBean
    HisJellyBean Posts: 112
    Options
    "therse no better motavation than sucess" - My grandma
  • marlasimmons
    marlasimmons Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love it! Thanks for posting!
  • kmel2479
    kmel2479 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This one is SO true! I saw it yesterday as someone's profile picture. I have to remind myself of this all the time!! Thanks for posting!!
    I don't know who said it but all day here is what I run through my mind:

"A year from now you will have wished you started today"

Every year on vacations, birthdays, holidays I resolve to not be heavy by the next year and then beat myself up when I am, so this helps me remember that feeling.
  • shaylasade
    shaylasade Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • yeche17
    yeche17 Posts: 2
    Options
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body" and this one which is on one of the walls of my gym. Ïf it hurts to tie your shoes, you've accomplished something today."
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Beebes99
    Beebes99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    NOTHING tastes as good as SKINNY feels :)

this works 90% of the time for me...but then queso and chips appear in front of me and i disagree.....
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I've always liked, "In order to change some things in your life, you need to change some things in your life." and Einstein's quote "It is the height of insanity to do the same things over and over again expecting different results.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER !

JUST DO IT !
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Family motto:

Dum Spiro Spero - While I Breathe, I Hope
  • aniraksolis
    aniraksolis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    An extraordinary life is simply the accumulation of thousands of efforts, often unseen by others that lead to the accomplishment of worthwhile goals. -Tommy Newberry
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!