Poll: How often do you step on the scale?

Options

Replies

• chloeelebeir
    chloeelebeir Posts: 130
    Options
    Usually every morning because I like to. I only log when I see a loss.

Same
  • caitles14
    caitles14 Posts: 89
    Options
    WAAAYYY too much...like sometimes 5+ times per day. I obviously don't record all of those weights but I'm just curious. It's probably a good thing my scale is currently low on battery though...I think I need a break from it!
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    Once as soon as I get up in the mornings and once right before I go to bed. I like to see how what I eat makes my weight fluctuate. I record on Saturday mornings.
  • Selma10001984
    Selma10001984 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Once a week officially....unofficially 2-3 times a week...I skip postpone it a few days when I have my period...otherwise it's a buzz kill...
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I like to know that I'm heading in the right direction.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am a bit unusual as i only weigh in and measure up 1/month or so (At the local Boots store). For me, at the momment, seeing the numbers go down is not top priority, getting myself in better shape and feeling fiiter is.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    only when I go to the docs. My next weigh in is like June 14th. But I prefer it this way or I will become obsessed with the scale. :)
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Once a week, every friday morning. I started stepping on it multiple times a day and I was driving myself insane!

i'm driving myself insane.....twice a day.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure daily so that I can spot trends that cause fluctuations, stalling in weight, and loss.

For instance, I've had some pretty big deficits lately, and my weight either increased a bit or stalled. Yesterday, I managed to eat back my calories... and the scale started to go down again. If I repeat this again today and see a slight decrease in weight again tomorrow morning, and again the next day, then I can conclude that I was undereating and my body was holding on to calories because of it. I do the same with measurements.
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Daily, I find it keeps me accountable. I only log my weight when I have a loss...which has been awhile:bigsmile:
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I used to every week but it seems like when ever the mood strikes, a week 2 weeks a month...
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    guilty I step on it everyday but I think I'm going to follow one of my pal's examples and forget the scale just eat right work out and everynow and then jump on..
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Every morning, right after I get up, pee, and brush my teeth. I know every day isn't usually a good idea, but I find it helps keep me focused. Plus, when the scale goes down, I take it as a sign of a good day!
  • maiorc
    maiorc Posts: 1
    Options
    Once a week for me. But, if I'm having a bad week I may get on it just to keep myself in check!
  • bakatare2k
    bakatare2k Posts: 17
    Options
    Everyday after my workout.
  • chatonx
    chatonx Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    As of right now I have fallen into my old habit of twice a day. Once in the morning and once before bed.

I don't consider myself obsessed, I just need to know if what I'm eating and burning are doing what they should be.

I was only stepping on the scale once a week and that always resulted in confusion. I was bouncing up and down each week between 214 and 218, but never dipping below 214.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    i need to pick a day to weigh myself... as it right now i weigh whenever i feel like it... something ill weigh first thing in the morning and then after i do some activites to see if what the effect is...
  • christyrp90
    christyrp90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Maybe once a month. I get discouraged easily, and if I had been trying to lose for even just a week and didn't lose at least a pound I start binge eating and undo everything. I'm one of those people who expect weight to fall off in a day. I like to go on the way I feel and how my clothes fit.
  • MadieWorld
    MadieWorld Posts: 6
    Options
    To record an official weigh in? Sat. mornings. I might check here and there but it not my official weekly recording.
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    Depends, when I have time in the morning (I'm ALWAYS way to late) on school days and Saturday and Sunday. Maybe four times a week.