Book Nerds --UNITE!

Options
sisierra
sisierra Posts: 707 Member
I've called you all here for a very important reason. I NEED NEW BOOKS! Give unto me your recommendations! Or we can have a lively discussion about things we've read. Any genre is welcome!

My personal favorites are Paranormal Romance though ;D

My absolute favorite authors include: Sherrilyn Kenyon, Katie MacAlister, Lora Leigh, J.R. Ward, Christine Feehan, Jaid Black and J.D. Robb

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    ...backs quietly out of the thread
  • sisierra
    Options
    ...backs quietly out of the thread

nooooo come back! we can talk about...about...SHAKESPEARE! yes shakespeare! I've read Antigone and the one about her dad lol
  • sisierra
    Options
    The portrait of Dorian Gray?

Crime and Punishment?

The Fountainhead?
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    Fellow book nerd here! Not much for romance but I do like Shakespeare :). And horror
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I really like Janet Evanovich and G.A. McKevett. Both have strong female lead characters. I also like Brad Meltzer. James Patterson is pretty good.
  • bstherapymom12
    Options
    I love all books and by all I mean ALL. Bring on the romance girl! I'm working on my masters and have a new baby, so I would love to hear what people are reading to have time to do it for fun. I should finish my degree this year, so I'm collecting titles now!
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Fellow book nerd here! Not much for romance but I do like Shakespeare :). And horror

I love Shakespeare!!!!!!!!!! Have you read Truman Capote's In Cold Blood?
  • davenportk83
    davenportk83 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Recent reads........... Born Wicked by Jessica Spotwood, Amanda Hockings Tyrelle Trilogy :-) all of these are Young adult books but fun reads. I also loved, loved, loved Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness and Angelogy by Danielle Trussoni.

You should share some of your favorite books or authors too!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Night Circus.
  • sisierra
    Options

Have you read the original Dracula? If I weren't a modern person, obsessed with vamps, weres and things of that ilk I would have been seriously creeped out
  • Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm completely offended by the word nerd......
  • Megdonald1
    Options
    I love all books and by all I mean ALL. Bring on the romance girl! I'm working on my masters and have a new baby, so I would love to hear what people are reading to have time to do it for fun. I should finish my degree this year, so I'm collecting titles now!

Congrats!! I have 12 more weeks until I finish my masters. WOO HOO!!! I try to sneak in a "good" book in between text books.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I just started reading Stephen Kings: 11/22/63

I enjoy Clive Cussler, Tom Clancy style books, action adventure with random authors of non fiction works centered around World War II.
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm a giant book nerd. I will read anything as long as it's interesting. Gotta log for now, but will be back tomorrow and love to discuss!
    Take care namaste
    ~Blaq:heart:
  • grayprae
    grayprae Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You should check out Simon R Green his Nightside books are awesome so are the books in the Forest Kingdom. Also they are a short but good read the Percy Jackson Series is great.
  • sisierra
    Options

LOL embrace it!
  • kesteele
    kesteele Posts: 127
    Options
    discovery of witches is REALLY good!!!!!!!! can't wait for the next one to come out!!!
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I really liked The Gravediggers Daughter by Joyce Carol Oates. I usually don't read much fiction, and it was the only one I have read by that author, but I liked it. I have been trying to read some of the old classics as of late. Really interesting stuff!

I am currently reading the Divine Comedies by Dante. I'm up to Paradise, and I like it, but not nearly as interesting as the Inferno. :)

Next in my Nook cue, Metamorphosis by Ovid!
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options

I love Shakespeare!!!!!!!!!! Have you read Truman Capote's In Cold Blood?

Yep, had to read it for an English class back in high school. It was really good!!

Sisierra, Dracula was another book I had to read for school, lol. Also very good! I love vamps and weres and stuff like that. I'm in the process of writing my own series right now :3
  • Megdonald1
    Options

I might believe that a little bit more if your screen name wasn't like the GREATEST of ALL TIME SUPERHEROS!!