For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I have 10-12 to go. Been stuck here for about a month losing & gaining the same 2 lbs.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I am in this club and must say it can get very frustrating sometimes because the closer we get to our goal the harder it is to get it off. I have about 20 lbs to go to get to my goal weight. I just started counting calories Tuesday and going to weigh myself in the morning to see how the progress is coming along. I work night shift so on the days I work I have to adjust my meals carefully and awkwardly with my sleeping schedule. I use to love doing Zumba for exercise before I started night shift but since then I don't get the chance to do any exercise except for playing with the kids in the back yard or might get lucky and have time to walk. I really don't like drinking water but since I've started MFP I have been faithful about drinking the required amount like it or not! Guess it's a neccessary evil.
    When I'm sick of water, I change it up with a bottle of sparkling lemon water. Nestle makes lime and mandarin orange, too.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm battling the last 7lbs ;_; When I was at my heaviest that was how much I managed to lose in one week. Granted, it was the first week I started getting my act together, but still.

DIE, TUMMY PUDGE, DIE! D:<
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too. 15 pounds to go. Hang in there!
  • ciao4noww
    ciao4noww Posts: 1
    Options
    Me too!! It is a slow process and frustrating. I have about 11lbs to go. :smile:
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    It is so frustrating. I need 13 pounds to reach my doctor's recomendation. Of course 30 would be great. I have struggled to lose the last weight. I hate it. Trying to figure out what to do to get going again.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yup and it stinks! Once I got under 190 everything slowed down to a snails pace =/ And it doesn't help that I got discouraged but this stalling so the past two months have been pretty erratic in regards to my consumed calories. I just seem to stop caring for a second and eat a very dumb snack, often I won't measure it so it makes it hard to log but I always track it anyways.

How do you guys stay motivated when the weight loss slows? I've lost about 120 lbs and that practically fell off of my body compared to how these last 25 lbs are going =/
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sad but oh so true. Had 30 to lose at start. Took 3.5 months to lose 12. Got so tired of slaving for slow results, gained nearly 5 back in 2 weeks. Back on it but sheesh...so frickin' bs that it takes SO LONG to lose and no time to gain.

Ugh

• ghostship63
    Options
    Yes, if I could lose 20 lbs. I would reach my weight goal. But I can't even lose 5 lbs.I have been trying for almost 2 years.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I am in the camp....I have about 15-20 more pounds to go. The 1st 70 pounds were so easy....now comes the hard part. Just have to take it one day at a time......and keep going :-)
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    my tummy pooch and last 10-15lb are hanging on for dear life!!:sad:
  • mrsknotts
    mrsknotts Posts: 115
    Options
    I used to be so strict with my food! I lost 60 lbs fairly quickly but got to an unrealistic weight of 107. I was happy but there was no way I could maintain that and enjoy life. I upped my calories to get healthier and put on about 23 lbs. That seems like a lot but im 5'4 so it's not that overweight. I'd really like to hit 120-125 but it's taking months because my eating isn't so clean. I dont think I'll ever stop having to work at this but I know it's worth it
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds, and have about 30 to go - I've been stalled for 5 MONTHS!!
    Nothing seems to work anymore! :((
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I am a member of the 10-30 club. Any weight loss suggestions would be appreciated!!

• cmthorsness
    cmthorsness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    30 here.. Sucks because these go so slow and I see so many give up. Chin up you can do it. I think these last few lbs are alot of toning and muscle, so even tho the scale isn't moving your body is still changing. You can do this just keep up the good work all!
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal, but those last 10 pounds did take awhile. I found that I was able to lose the last few pounds more quickly after I ate at maintenance a few weeks, and then cut down to a half-pound loss. I've been at my goal (fluctuate within a 4-pound range) since the beginning of March; however, I'm considering trying for another 5-8 pounds to remove some more "belly" fat. I continue to do aerobic exercise most days and weights 2 or 3 times weekly and continue to see improved definition of my muscles. Just want to encourage you that it can be done.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    YES!! I've been trying to concentrate on how much better I feel, overall, now that I'm keeping an eye on my diet and exercising every day. Much easier for me to find success when thinking about overall fitness then actual pounds shed.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    UGH. Yes! After two years of plateauing and a lot of research, I just started with the Eat More To Weigh Less group. After buying a Body Media I realized my average TDEE was 3000 a day. WHOAH! (Fitness instructor and mom of 2 young boys..nuff said. LOL!) So I went from eating 1800 calories to 2500 every day. It's so nice not being hungry all the time! I'm hoping this will eventually bring me out of my plateau since netting low for so long killed my metabolism.
  • jenandten
    jenandten Posts: 9
    Options
    Me! 10. stubborn. pounds.
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump!! 8 pounds to go so hard!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!