so where'd you get that gnarly scar?

Options

Replies

• 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Wavy line from ear to ear---

Born with facial birth defects so when I was two, they cut me from ear to ear and pulled my face down They fused my skull where it needed fusing, put some screws in, and built an artificial little bridge in my nose. Pretty wicked pictures of the stitches. Now I have this *lovely* scar and an excuse to wear my hair down and gorgeous for every wedding I'm in. Ah, the 90's. Nowadays they could probably do it with MUCH less scarring.

Did you edit it out of that picture? Because I can't see it at all. You are gorgeous!
  • kelise89
    kelise89 Posts: 3
    Options
    i have a scar around my thumb from sticking it in a exercise bike back when i was little, i have a nice little round chicken pox scar on my left cheek bone and most recently (3moths ago) a slit down my chest from open heart surgery!
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    There is a six inch scar above my right temple from a car accident. My head broke the windshield 9 months before Indiana pasted a seat belt law. I always buckle up now.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have a chicken pox scar on my nose and one on my knee from falling while drunk.
  • 10acity
    Options
    Got a large one that runs from just below the side of my knee, halfway down my left calf. I got it blowing out of the back of a pickup truck on the freeway when I was about 8 years old. My mom's younger brother had this fort, up on long stilts in his backyard. There was a square hole in the floor that he climbed up into through, from a ladder. When he outgrew it, they gave it to me for a playhouse. They cut it off, but left about a foot of the stilts. My parents, being young and stupid figured the weight would hold it in the truck. No ropes to tied it down. Yeah, not so much. My father, my sister and I were in the playhouse in the back of the truck. Mom was driving. She said she felt it lift twice, then saw it blow out of the back just like a cardboard box. From my perspective, my dad and I were playing battleship and I was just getting ready to call a number and he went floating slowly over my head. I was puzzled and wondered how he was doing that. He said, "Everything is going to be alright." and then I blacked out. Next thing I knew, some stranger was scooping me up off the freeway and carrying me to the side. It had lifted up, turned over, throwing us into the roof, crashed onto the freeway and broke apart and we went skidding down the freeway on what was left of the roof at whatever speed you go when you blow out at 60 mph. My leg was sticking off the roof and the freeway just peeled the skin off it as we skidded. Amazingly, none of us were hurt any worse. Dad got his hand peeled when he put it down, without thinking, to try to stop it. My sister had a bump on her head. I was hurt the worst and it was just my leg and my ankle. It took the skin, right down to the bone on that little side bone on my ankle. Crazy, Huh?

That is downright unbelievable. (But I believe you.)
  • 10acity
    Options
    This is what I have in my body ;)

rva63r.jpg

I love that you posted this! And you SHOULD wear bikinis all you want!

I'm loving reading all of these (even the considerable number that have literally made me cringe and/or gasp and/or cover my gaping mouth). If I wasn't impressed with all of you people before, I surely am now. We are hardcore!
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    7" scar down the center of my right knee from surgery after a ruptured quadriceps tendon. Ripped that bad boy right off the knee cap!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    This is what I have in my body ;)

rva63r.jpg

I love that you posted this! And you SHOULD wear bikinis all you want!

I'm loving reading all of these (even the considerable number that have literally made me cringe and/or gasp and/or cover my gaping mouth). If I wasn't impressed with all of you people before, I surely am now. We are hardcore!

This tube and shunt keeps me alive cause it drains the fluid from my brain to my abdomen 24/7.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The last quarter of my pinkie finger is missing and the scar goes down to my second knuckle. I was washing a glass and it just completely snapped. I had to have it sewn back together, and the tip of it still died. I don't have feeling on the outside of the pinkie.

I have a 4 inch scar up the inside of my left calf from a more unpleasant time in my life, and various straight scars on both arms.

3 dots and a keloid scar on my belly from gallbladder removal.

Last but not least, a huge scar going from the outside of my nose to the middle of my upper lip. When I was six I was carrying my cat home from my friend's house when he saw another cat and completely lost it. Sliced me down to the fat, but we couldn't afford a visit to the doctor, so my mom just patched it together. It isn't the nicest scar, but I'm used to it.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Left foot. Stepping on a broken bottle.
    Forehead. Running headfirst into the edge of a door.
    Forehead(again). Baseball bat from cousin. He hit the ball but I was standing in the swing zone. Don't worry, no dain bramage.
    Upper lip. Plastic surgery scar to close cleft pallet.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of scars around my right ankle from the time, about 10 years ago, when I decided that skydiving would be a great hobby.

I did a couple of tandem jumps and then decided to learn to jump solo - which was fantastic until jump number six.
    I always tell people that I got everything right for the first 9,999 feet, I just screwed up the last 1 foot - ie. the landing. I smashed my ankle into about a thousand tiny pieces and had to have surgety to pin in together again - hence the scars.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Inside of my left palm from putting my hand through a window. Took 4 stitches to close it. The tendons were hanging out. It was gross.

In between by nose and upper lip - took a nice face plant on the concrete the 2nd time I tried to ride a bike after having not ridden one for 25 years. Yea...I don't have that bike anymore. I also have a nice craze line on my front tooth from where my tooth skidded on the concrete. I'm lucky I didn't lose my tooth or break my nose.

A few small scars on my abdomen from 2 laparascopic pelvic surgeries (including hysterectomy).

Left knee - dropped a large pile of glass ashtrays on it when I used to waitress. A few years later, the aforementioned bike accident caused another scar on the same knee. I don't have much feeling in that knee anymore.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have one with some stitch marks on the back of my right hand straight back right between my index and middle fingers where I sliced myself open on a truss plate crawling through an attic.
  • KaraFara
    KaraFara Posts: 6
    Options
    I have a 1 inch scar on the bottom of my left foot (such a ***** getting it stitched). I was 10 and playing hide and seek with my cousins and sisters, it was in the dark. They thought obstacles would be a cool idea, until I stepped on some Ghostbusters toy (nice pointy horns). Five needles to numb it and I felt the second stitch go through :(

And on my right arm I have a 2 inch diagonal scar from sliding down the side of a bed, it had a metal bed frame and must've scraped it on there. I love my scars.
  • El_guapo22
    El_guapo22 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    knee1-1.jpg

knee2-1.jpg

ACL PCL and posterior lateral corner. Two knee surgeries 1st one year ago today and second 6 weeks later.

ended up with about 6 scars over all on my knee.
  • comogirl
    comogirl Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have four gnarly scars on my abdomen from a gallbladder removal that was fairly complicated and almost had to be converted to an open procedure but instead one scar is just quite a bit larger then anticipated- passed stones for 2yrs and no on thought gallbladder because I was 16 and in great shape.

On on my lf index finger, tried to take the tip off with a knife (on accident of course).

Right second toe has a sizable one from droping a chair on it (possibly was an open fracture)

Lf thumb sliced open with a steak knife.

I have one at the corner of my mouth but I cant remember how I got it.
  • Starrynights1107
    Starrynights1107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a scar right below my lower lip from where I fell onto the arm of a pew and my tooth went all the way through my lip. I didn't have to get stitches though :) just glued.

Omg we're scar twins lol. I fell while playing tag when I was younger. I sort of bit down in anticipation of the fall because I knew it was happening and couldn't stop it. The impact from hitting the ground sent my tooth right through my lip. I've got a scar in the exact same place as you. No stitches for me either :).
  • 10acity
    Options
    I have a scar right below my lower lip from where I fell onto the arm of a pew and my tooth went all the way through my lip. I didn't have to get stitches though :) just glued.

Omg we're scar twins lol. I fell while playing tag when I was younger. I sort of bit down in anticipation of the fall because I knew it was happening and couldn't stop it. The impact from hitting the ground sent my tooth right through my lip. I've got a scar in the exact same place as you. No stitches for me either :).

These make me cringe. I'm sensitive about my teeth... one of those people who has the dream about losing them all. *shudder*
  • Starrynights1107
    Starrynights1107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

These make me cringe. I'm sensitive about my teeth... one of those people who has the dream about losing them all. *shudder*

I think I may have made it sound as if the tooth actually came out. It didn't, I just basically bit through my face lol. My teeth were/are fine :)
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Ok, I have read every single one of these... talk about a wild ride to getting these scars we have!

I have a few....

When I was about 3 or 4 my brother who was 5 or 6 at the time, had a hatchet.... (ok everyone breathe lol) I wanted him to cut a spot but didn't speak well or fast enough..i'm not sure which, and he hacked my finger nearly off.. mom drove a maverick.. it was a "3 on the tree" shifting thing lol... and we lived about 10 miles from town.. after she hunted my brother down she drove us to the doctor in town while holding my finger together. I was little and got stitches and a splint. The Dr. said it would be ok, long as I kept it dry and in the splint. Well, what little kid listens to that.. it is much more fun to slip it off and play in the sink full of water, get told on by said older brother, and repeat. Well, all these years later.. the fun thing to do is show people my fingers that make a V when next to each other... and look at their face LOL.. I still give him a hard time about it to this day...mind you, this happened 1987 or 88 :laugh:

Needless to say.. revenge is cool right, even if it's accidental.... :devil:
    I shoved him down the basement stairs to get my turn at smelling the milled dog and cat food. OH God, am I really admitting that LMAO.. We were farm kids, and weird things were interesting, like bugs, mud pies etc... but yeah.... lol... He hit nearly every step with his head on the way down.. I ran, Hid, and cried.. I felt bad.... :flowerforyou: sorry?! He was ok though..

Next, I have a crescent shaped one on my knee. When I was in the 5th grade, my best friend Rebecca, had an Animaniacs Lunch box... while I ate school lunch... (poor me lol). At recess one day, I thought it would be funny to race her to get her lunch box and in the process I slipped on some new gravel the school had put down with wood lining it...to store lunch boxes convenient right? Not really, I fell and my knee was impaled on a rail road tie (the metal spikes they use to hold them down.. reebar??).. I thought it hurt, but being a farm kid with all boy cousins.. I didn't cry or look at it. Then, suddenly, all the other kids were scared looking and Rebecca said, your bleeding everywhere!!! I looked and nearly passed out. I was the most angry because my mom had just bought me pure white Keds shoes the night before.... and they were ruined. Long story short... I had impaled my knee to the bone on that damn spike. The school nurse didn't know how to help me so they called my mom and with in 3 hours I was stitched up... as for the spike? Conveniently, it was tacked down the next day.. the school didn't even apologize. Then the gym teacher made me still do physical fitness testing when I was supposed to sit out to heal.. :noway: ..

My last one is my C section scar.. its small and I can't see it yet, but even being overweight, the Dr. gave me one as low as possible and small as possible... Quote: "so I can wear a bikini one day" boy I sure hope so!!