Would you rather be "wanted" or "needed" ?

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    wanted.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    Interesting, the fundamental question is what attributes make us wanted!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Wanted... I am highly needed now and it can be very stressful...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Loved.

Wait...
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    In the song "Colder Weather" by the Zac Brown Band is the line "I don't want you, but I need you." This line has prompted me to ponder rather I would rather be "wanted" or "needed".

My feelings: Needing me means "He couldn't survive without me, because of all the things I do for him." Wanting me means "He could survive without me, but chooses not to." I dont want to be needed, I need to be wanted.

So, here is my question to you: In your realtionship (children aside, and employment aside) would you rather be "needed" or "wanted"?

Wanted... for the exact reason you state. Being needed, in my mind, means that there is some innate purpose for me being in your life, and without me, you would have difficulty getting by. You need me because I have a vehicle, or money, or connections, or something.

But if you want me, it's because you CHOOSE me. For no other reason except for personal choice.

('you' and 'me', being used figuratively, of course)
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I like feeling both.

wanted of course.. but needed is more emotional..
    men can "WANT" anything..

I want to be wanted but I also want to be needed.. not in a helpless I cant do nothing without him/her by my side way, but in the way that two people become one force to be reckoned with

I want to be valuable again.that to me trumps all this.
  • syrennity
    syrennity Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to be wanted, its always better to have someone want you than to need you. Think about it. :happy:
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    wanted. I never want to be needed. I will agree, that at sometimes in life everyone is needed, but I don't think it is healthy to be needed for long periods of time. I can't always give my loved ones what they "need" from me, and that pressure is too much thinking they need me.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Wanted just like BACON!!!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    WANTED, more than anything.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Wanted...that's why I divorced the guy that needed me. He really just needed a mommy.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Wanted. Needy is so unattractive! :sick:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I am a wife and a mother and a friend. I really can't imagine one without the other. I want and need the people in my life! My husband, as strong and capable as he is, needs me, we are a team. My children want and need me. I want and need my friends. I need my mfp friends... I have received so much help! I also want them, look for them, mp them. I am so excited when I get a mail message! I need the input they provide...they help to make me a success. I desire to do the same for them...when I do well, it sets a good example for them. I need good examples, want them too.
  • hellokehtty
    Options
    Loved.

Wait...

I agree :)
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Definitely wanted!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Wanted!!!

needed brings way too many unnecessary expectations and dependency from the other person.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Wanted for sure - I despise needy clingly people!!! I prefer the lyrics "I want you to want me" no needing involved!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options

But if you want me, it's because you CHOOSE me. For no other reason except for personal choice.

This.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Definitely wanted!!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Being wanted is so hot...I definately want to be wanted...so bad it becomes a need. Is that asking too much?