Would you rather be "wanted" or "needed" ?

Options

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else here singing Bon Jovi?

WANTED. Wannnnnnnnnnnnntedddddddd...
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    Options
    Wanted...I would want him to choose me because he wants me not be stuck with me cause he needs me.
  • zora182
    zora182 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wanted so much that it becomes a NEED.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    how bout "slammed up against a wall"?

FTW!
  • amygaycheme
    Options
    well I need air to breath and I feel like if I lost my husband I would lose my air....I think after a while they merge....I don't "need" him to take care of me, pay my bills, make me feel good...but even after 14 years...I see him and "need" to touch him...it is almost something I can't control. so I want chocolate but can resist it but there are many times I need to touch, hold or just hear from my husband and I can't resist....:blushing:
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I think I'm both too, I was and am wanted for sure, but now that we've been married 16 years there is definitely a need factor going on (boths sides, me to him and him to me and of course the kids...lol)

If I just had to choose one... I think I would want to say wanted.. but something about being needed because only your can do something or your just really good at it feels good too.
  • GiaFox
    GiaFox Posts: 48
    Options
    Wanted is better, because it comes with free will.
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Fundamentally I think men like to be needed .

Woman need to be wanted.

For me i think it's a little of both. I want the woman I love. So because of that want, I now need her. It's nice to be wanted, but I also thrive on being needed. I think it's the want that creates the need.
    By needing me I mean, I want to be the guy she can call and say “my car broke down will you come pick me up?" or " I need your help." “ I’m scared”…ect.
    So..yeah while is great to be wanted..in the long run I’d rather be needed. For this simple fact ..If they never felt that they needed us (men )… they would be with their girlfriends. They are less hairy, can share most clothing, know more about their bodies and don’t leave the seat up. They just put up with our sht because they need us.The fact that they want us every now and again is a bonus.
    after reading that back… my brain hurts.. good luck with that. Made sense when I typed it
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Neither.
    It's too much pressure to be wanted or needed. I'm part of a partnership and I am loved and respected. My husband cannot want me because I am not an object to him. He could need me sometimes but thats not the kind of man I find attractive.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Being needed is exhausting. Being wanted is a choice and it means both people put effort into the relationship.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Wanted. When a woman "needs" me it screams unhealthy relationship/head case.
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I want to be needed....you know like bread dough

...and then punched down after two hours??!?!?!

Back to the topic...

I quote the philosopher Robin Zander (Cheap Trick)...I Want You to Want Me

Now the song is in my head and I have to youtube it!! Thanks. :)

Another vote for wanted.

Next line is "I need you to need me"... What gives??? lol
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Wanted. I hate feeling used.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Wanted. I appreciate an independent person who can take care of themself.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    YES
  • lchovet
    lchovet Posts: 68
    Options
    "I want you to want me"
    "I need you to need me"
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have told my finacee' that I do not need him in my life, I want him in my life.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I want to be wanted....

I just left a relationship where being "needed" turned into having me hold everything, do everything and make sure the world kept spinning on its axis. I can't do that anymore, I got nothin left.

so no, I don't ever want to be needed again.

but wanted...yeah I'll take that.
  • lchovet
    lchovet Posts: 68
    Options
    Is anyone else here singing Bon Jovi?

WANTED. Wannnnnnnnnnnnntedddddddd...
    "Dead or Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive"
  • losingitincollege
    losingitincollege Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wanted for sure. Needed sounds so....well, needy. And obsessive.