Would you rather be "wanted" or "needed" ?

Options

Replies

• MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    wanted here
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Definitely want to be wanted!
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    All apologies to Cheap Trick, "I want you, to want me."
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Wanted, definitely!!! When you are a child, you NEEEEEEED your mommy. I am not here to be your mommy. You take care of your s#it and I will take care of mine. But to be wanted enough that someone chooses to be with you, is really good for the ego and sex drive. Being needed makes me feel like I have another child and you better put your weenie away.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    What about a "Want" so strong that it becomes a "need"?

Needing someone doesn't always have to be because of something they physcially, socially or monetarily provide for you.

That said, I still would rather be with someone who chooses to be with me because they want to.

This (:
    My boyfriend doesn't provide for me financially or put a roof over my head or anything, we don't have kids or own anything together (other than a double sleeping bag and huge tub of protein powder LOL)
    But I can say I NEED him. I need him because I love/want him so much my life would be horrible without him

Sure, I know I could probably move on, but losing him would be such a huge emotional blow. I want him, I love him, I need him in my life
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I want to be needed....you know like bread dough

...and then punched down after two hours??!?!?!

Back to the topic...

I quote the philosopher Robin Zander (Cheap Trick)...I Want You to Want Me

Love the above song!!! Im also a 'want to be wanted kinda girl. wanting sounds like your desired after.....
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wanted, 100%
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky I guess, not one day goes by that he doesn't tell me one or the other, or both. So I guess I'm wanted and needed! I've been in relationships being only wanted, didn't like them, I need to feel needed too and vice-versa. I think an even combo of both is good enough for me :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    It's pretty amazing to feel both. But reading back over OP and her explanation, I would have to say I would rather feel wanted, as that feels more like a choice someone makes about me.
  • marilyngrant18
    marilyngrant18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would love to be wanted, instead of needed, for a change. *sigh!*
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wanted.
  • realdiva71
    Options
    I would want to be wanted....HANDS DOWN! \
    WHY? because if you suddenly dont need me, then I got myself NOTHING!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I will vote for both! :)
  • mamnboston
    mamnboston Posts: 81
    Options
    Fundamentally I think men like to be needed .

Woman need to be wanted.

For me i think it's a little of both. I want the woman I love. So because of that want, I now need her. It's nice to be wanted, but I also thrive on being needed. I think it's the want that creates the need.
    By needing me I mean, I want to be the guy she can call and say “my car broke down will you come pick me up?" or " I need your help." “ I’m scared”…ect.
    So..yeah while is great to be wanted..in the long run I’d rather be needed. For this simple fact ..If they never felt that they needed us (men )… they would be with their girlfriends. They are less hairy, can share most clothing, know more about their bodies and don’t leave the seat up. They just put up with our sht because they need us.The fact that they want us every now and again is a bonus.
    after reading that back… my brain hurts.. good luck with that. Made sense when I typed it

Love this

I like it and agree with it!
  • inked219
    inked219 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I prefer to be wanted. If someone needs another person, then they're just using that individual until that need is fulfilled. Then that person becomes unnecessary to the needy individual. I don't allow myself to "need" anyone in any facet of my life. If a person is involved with my life - its only because I want them to be.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Needing someone doesn't always have to be because of something they physcially, socially or monetarily provide for you.

That said, I still would rather be with someone who chooses to be with me because they want to.

This (:
    My boyfriend doesn't provide for me financially or put a roof over my head or anything, we don't have kids or own anything together (other than a double sleeping bag and huge tub of protein powder LOL)
    But I can say I NEED him. I need him because I love/want him so much my life would be horrible without him

Sure, I know I could probably move on, but losing him would be such a huge emotional blow. I want him, I love him, I need him in my life

This. There are people I need in my life who provide no goods or services other than friendship.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

This (:

This. There are people I need in my life who provide no goods or services other than friendship.

yeah, and you do NEED love in your life, whether it's family, friends or a partner. So true love is both a want and a need.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Both? but really wanted, not needed. I don't like weak individuals no matter how much it may boost your ego. It's not a good trait in a relationship.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Both? but really wanted, not needed. I don't like weak individuals no matter how much it may boost your ego. It's not a good trait in a relationship.

1000%
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i want to be wanted...