List Of Low Calorie Foods EVERYONE should know about!!

Options

Replies

• chasin724
    chasin724 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Harsh crowd..jeez..
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel bread is super low in cals, about 40cal/slice.
    Whole foods sells Hummus crisp chips and they are under 80 cals for about 18 chips.

Thanks for the post!
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    celery is a magic food.
  • Anjoya
    Anjoya Posts: 6
    Options
    Light Potato Bread from Aunt Millies is only 35 calories per slice

Thanks, I'll be looking for this next time I go grocery shopping.
  • Anjoya
    Anjoya Posts: 6
    Options
    These are just some (non-obvious/unknown) foods i have discovered over my years of trying to lose weight and research etc etc.!

Thanks...
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    love this thread!
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    - KANTEN!!
    "There's something called "Kanten," which is made from red algae. Japanese people actually have a diet called the Kanten diet (Google it!). Kanten has virtually no calories, made up of fiber.. and expands to form a gel, which further expands three times+ in your stomach. If you eat this before a meal, you're guaranteed to fill up fast. It has a pleasant and mild taste, you can flavor it any way you like."
    Source:
    http://www.healthkicker.com/758374298/heres-a-secret-asian-diet-tip/

- FryLight 1 Cal Spray
    The idea is that this is meant to be used instead of cooking oil in pans and things, but I use it on toast for a 1 calorie butter replacement :D

I need to try this.

Also, I love the taste of all bran, the fibre content makes me so happy!

Sainsbury's light hot chocolate is only 36 calories :)

Be careful...take a look at this - http://www.livestrong.com/article/308558-kanten-diet/
    it has a choking hazzard with it.
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    bump:laugh:
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump. thanks for the list.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Drinks:
    I LOVE Crystal Light Fruit Punch
    I drink Powerade Zero at the gym
    Water
    Great Value Coffee Creamer 30 Calories Per Serving
    Swiss Miss diet cocoa-25 calories a mug

Sweet:
    Nabsico 100 calorie Mr. Salty Pretzels are awesome.
    Breyers Fat Free Chocolate Ice Cream 90 calories per serving
    Fudgicles are 40 calories per serving
    Popsicle-15 calories a pop
    Stix Apples with yogurt fruit dip-90 calories
    Fat free pudding 60 calories per serving
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream sandwiches 140 calories per.
    Watermelon under 50 calories for 1 cup chopped. 2.5 cups is a large bowl mounded over for 125 calories.
    Kiwi, around 50 calories per.
    Red grapes are 100 calories per cup
    Strawberries are really low in calories 1 cup (halved) is only 49 calories
    Chocolate Cheerios are about 122 calories per 1 cup and tastes kind of like cocoa puffs
    *Ciao Bella Blood Orange sorbet is 100 calories per serving and is very flavorful. It tips the money scale at almost $5.00 a quart but it is sooo worth it.
    The Chips Ahoy Chocolate drizzle chocolate cookies 100 calorie packs is a great snack that is super chocolaty.
    Minute Maid Juice Bars=awesome 60 calories a piece
    Dannon fit and light yogurt 80 calories
    Edys frozen fruit bars 60-100ish calories
    Delmonte light fruit cocktail 60 calories per 1/2 cup
    Banana 80-120 calories
    Raspberries, around 40-50 calories
    Quaker 90 calories snacky thingys the chocolate and the caramel are great!
    Keebler 100 calorie cookies and cream snacky thingys
    Lindt 50% Dark Chocolate 50 calories per square
    Believe it or not... Hershey's Chocolate Bar, half a bar is only 105 calories
    M+M's are only 3.4 Calories per piece
    Orange Dream Bar 70 calories
    Life choice Chocolate protein bars-21g protein-190 calories, Life choice chocolate crunch meal bars-10g Protein-160 calories
    Fiber one chocolate caramel coconut-130 calories
    Apples-35-60 calories
    I haven't had it but I heard arctic zero ice cream is great, 60 cal a serving.
    Black bean brownies -127 calories per serving

Savory/Salty
    Reduced Fat Ritz Cracker 70 calories per 5 crackers with Laughing Cow garlic and herb swiss cheese 35 calories per wedge
    Rold Gold Pretzel sticks 100 calories for 48 sticks
    Popcorn. Smartpop has 100 calories bags or even some butter popcorn is 25 calories per cup.
    Salsa and chips are a great option for snacking. 140 calories per 7 large chips and only around 15 calories per 2 tablespoons on salsa.
    Borden String Cheese is 70 calories
    *I have been addicted to fried green peas (not wasabi) They are not that low in calories. it is about 130 per 1/2 cup. The good thing about it is that they are very crunchy and it takes you a long time to eat so it is a great diet food. If you like sunflower seeds you will probably like peas. I get them at the Natural living center for only like $2.00 a pound. It is very cheap. Makes sure you get scoops with enough salt.
    Pumpkin seeds-super salty but low sodium-weird- 130ish calories
    1/2 cup carrots 35 calories
    1 cucumber sliced in vinegar, salt and pepper 45 calories
    Mini babybell light cheese 50 calories
    Pringles Light 70 calories per 14 chips.

Oh dang...I already posted in this thread...sorry. This is updated one though haha!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    At least more people appreciate this thread than not!! LOL!!! People should not judge others on how they lose weight. Everyone is different. If you want to eat "clean" then do it w/o judging others.....I eat splenda, processed food along with "clean" food.....and you know what? I have kept over a 110 lb weightloss off for 4 yrs now.....so I don't want to hear ANY JUDGEMENT!!! :tongue:
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    The miracle noodles and miracle rice are good has no calories and gluten and soy free.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for posting :smile: - some of the stuff is not available in Australia, but it gives us ideas of different things to snack on without killing our calorie target!

I used to make up low-cal jellies, about 11 calories and then put ONE teaspoon of cream on it - the cream ran all over, and made it taste really nice, for only one teaspoon of cream it was about 20 calories. I might try getting some of the canned whipped cream, that might be a nice treat as well, altho that wouldn't run all over the jelly ....

Celery with a tiny bit of peanut peaste - about half a tablespoon of peanut paste is 60 cals, plus celery which is harely anything. Great for crunch, sweetness, taste, vitamins, all good mate!

Rice crackers - about a dozen of them is about 100 calories, depending on brand.

100g of low fat cottage cheese, lots of black pepper, with celery (if you have any left after the peanut butter :laugh: )

I have a drink machine at work and had a can of Pepsi Max the other day - made a nice change - variety is the spice of life!

Speaking of spice - try a couple of dried chilli flakes in green tea - nice "zip" (and I mean a couple of flakes, not a lot!)
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    sunrice multi grain thin rice cakes 38 cal each
    miso soup (varies depending on if you have it plain or with tofu) but generally about 14 cal per cup and as it is its soy is really good for women
    Apples about 70 to 80 calories
    egg whites (hard boiled eggs with yolk removed and fill the center with a bit of ricotta cheese and chives)
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    bump
    (my first bump ever. low cal noodles?! i'm in heaven....)
  • saraya12
    saraya12 Posts: 13
    Options
    Almond Breeze Unsweetened vanilla almond milk - only 40 calories per cup and tastes very good.

Mott's Healthy Harvest No Added Sugar Granny Smith Applesauce - 50 calories per cup, very tasty.

Klondike makes 100 calorie ice cream sandwiches and chocolate bars.

For those who like breakfast syrup, Smuckers has a low-calorie, sugar-free syrup that's like 20 calories per 1/4th cup and it doesn't taste bad at all.

I wish I could go straight from maxing out on cookies and cake and pie and ice cream to a completely junk-free diet, but I think it's ok to change gradually.
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MiraGonz
    MiraGonz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    4 of those are drinks not food =/