Why are you here? No, for real...

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Trying on last years bathing suit....and not being able to get it past my thighs. :(
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was all talk, about losing weight. I wanted to, but had no motivation, and then I was diagnosed with hashimoto's disease. After starting medication, I feel so much better. My friend on facebook started a 30 day challenge for a group of friends to track what they are eating and they're workouts, and I've stuck with it, and surpassed those 30 days. Taking it much more seriously than just 30 days. This is my life, and I'm in control, and I'm excited to see my old self inside again. I may not look amazing right now, but I know I'm going to.
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Let's see.

I split two pairs of pants in a week.

My then 3 year old daughter wouldn't want me to help her because "it will hurt your back."

I saw pictures of myself and was just sad.

Was getting leg cramps and the like when sexing the wife.

Final Straw - Went to visit my brother who is 5 years older than me and he had just lost a lot of weight.

So yeah, shame and vanity.

Looks like it's been very effective, too. Gotta love that shame and vanity combo.
  • LindseyRoot
    Options
    to be honest, it first hit me last october when everyone was picking out their sexy halloween costumes and i made myself go as a bunch of grapes because i was too embarised to show any skin.........well this year, damn it, i am wearing something sexy!!!
  • AJHornik
    AJHornik Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I had a baby 7.5 months ago, which made me fluffy! That's not the reason, it's because I am now the FAT Friend :embarassed: I can be a mom, and still be hot and in shape damnit! :tongue:
  • AJHornik
    AJHornik Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was all talk, about losing weight. I wanted to, but had no motivation, and then I was diagnosed with hashimoto's disease. After starting medication, I feel so much better. My friend on facebook started a 30 day challenge for a group of friends to track what they are eating and they're workouts, and I've stuck with it, and surpassed those 30 days. Taking it much more seriously than just 30 days. This is my life, and I'm in control, and I'm excited to see my old self inside again. I may not look amazing right now, but I know I'm going to.
    Good for you honey! :bigsmile:
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My sister just had a baby and I want to be able to play with him and not get tired or out of breath, but also I have always been the heavy sister and I wanted to lose weight while she still had her baby weight.
    Also I wanted to cry every time I looked at myself naked in the full length mirror.
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    Well, here goes -

I finally had to but double digit pants. For my body type, HELL NO!!

Saw pictures from New Years Eve and hated them.

Have been trying to have children for several years and finally said F it, if it happens it happens. I'm taking my body back!

I have always wanted to run at least 1 long distance race.
  • Misty_Rage
    Misty_Rage Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight most of my life, and when I wasnt fat, I thought I was. Oh what I would do to be "That Fat" again.

My mother was diabetic, she didnt like to take her meds because they made her sick. She functioned at a blood sugar of about 500 on a daily basis. She developed neuropathy. Then suddenly died of a heart attack when she was 49.

I dont want that to be me, and I dont want that to happen to my family.

I need surgery to have a baby, but the surgeon wont do it until I lose weight. This is my daily driving force to lose the weight. I have two older children, but I want one with my husband (Im remarried).
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I had a baby 7.5 months ago, which made me fluffy! That's not the reason, it's because I am now the FAT Friend :embarassed: I can be a mom, and still be hot and in shape damnit! :tongue:

i totally agree! at first i was like "well, i'm a mom now, maybe i am just meant to be heavier" and then i saw a picture of myself and it really motivated me. yes, i can be a hot momma!
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    For real: Lose the lbs & burn the Spanx

To be strong and look my best. Had back surgery, gained 15 lbs. Can still wear my size 2 jeans but require Spanx....
  • barmyarmy79
    Options
    I kept failing my fitness tests at work my size 12 jeans were getting tight started to hate the way i looked so decided if i wanted to keep my job i need to wake up and do something about it, i have now passed my fitness tests and am feeling healthy for the first time in a long time
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I looked at the engagement photos taken of my fiance and I, and all I saw was how fat I was in the pictures, and not how happy I was. I did not want the same feeling from my wedding photos, so it was time to make a change.
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I just want to wear a bikini and look totally sexy....and

My hubby has been going to the gym for a couple years, he has lost a huge amount of weight and his muscles are pretty amazing, I dn't want to have to go to jail for beating the dog s-t outta some skinny broad, sooooo gotta get my fluffy @ss in shape
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    I want to look good for a few boys coming on my church's beach trip this summer. :ohwell: Last year I was gaining weight during summer and totally did NOT realize it. This year I will come back and look good.

That is one of the reasons. Other reasons are that I freaking want to wear my size 6 shorts again, even though I know my butt will probably not fit in them ever again, I still have them and I will probably not be satisfied until I am able to wear a size 6 again.
  • Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Didn't wanna die at 40 of a heart attack
  • krismonaco
    krismonaco Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cause I'm fat. Duh...
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    :noway: Back fat and muffin top. HATE IT! I can't show off the girls ( which are pretty effing fantastic) while trying to cover up the rest of myself. There you have it.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    For real?

I kicked my ex out in January, having suspected for months (and finally receiving confirmation) that he was cheating on me. Since I had already distanced myself from him for a while before officially giving him the boot, I really feel I'm completely over it and ready to meet someone new...

However, when I look in the mirror, I am NOT happy with what I see, and I know I can do better.

Like someone else on MFP said, I wouldn't do me... why would I expect someone else to want to?
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    honestly... I hate being naked.. I cant wear a swim suit and I'm really just.. grossed out about myself.

My main shallow reason would be that if I ever run into an ex, or high school classmate I dont want to be the one who got fat... :explode: SO... I want to wow them all!!