Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3immec0Hu1rpgy4po3_1280.png

Didn't.
    Rot.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I enjoy McDonald's a couple times a month and always splurge when I go and get 3 hot and spicy's and two mcdoubles.....mmmm...happiness in my belly! The twice a month is a huge improvement over my daily visits to the place.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    Yes. You can still lose weight eating junk food. All that matters for weight loss, is the calories you consume per day. if you burn more calories than your eating per day, then your gonna lose weight no matter what. yes, its good to eat healthier, but you need to treat yourself and give in to your cravings once in awhile. I will allow myself some junk food into my daily calorie count per day, and i'm still losing.
  • FluffyGirl79
    Options
    At mcdonalds I get either the grillled chicken honey mustard wrap or the bbq one...250 calories and no, I don't feel a bit guilty about it.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Just do it. I obsessed for months about Wendy's burgers and fries, and I worked it into my calories one day, I loved it. I thought, oh, I could do this every week... you know what, I haven't even thought about it again until now, 2 months later!!

Once you eliminate the obsession (especially in a healthy way, the way you are proposing to do it by fitting it into your macros), you will have satisfied the urge and gotten over it.

And seriously a chicken burger is hardly going to kill you!!

Enjoy it!!!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My view is that if you really want to eat something, and it's within your calorie allowance, then it's better to have it and enjoy it than to start to obsess over it. I let myself have junk food once or twice a week if I really want it, also a high calorie meal can boost your metabolism.... provided that you're not having them too often and you're staying within your calorie allowance and eating healthy the rest of the time. i.e. the 90% rule... if 90% of what you eat is healthy then the other 10% won't hurt.

The exception would be if someone can't have one thing as a treat because then they're unable to stop eating treats/junk, or if you're allergic/intolerant to the food in question. In those situations never having those foods would be a better option. But IMO if you can have a treat meal/snack without it making you ill or messing up your eating for the rest of the week, then go for it.

For me it wouldn't be McD's though, there's better and more filling junk food out there!!
    As much as I HATE processed foods I do agree with this post. ONCE in a while giving into that craving, AND sticking to your calories can be a good thing. It keeps me from binging in the long run.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    A controlled cheat is much better than a chaotic cave-in!!!

I say go for it.
  • ahni77
    ahni77 Posts: 75
    Options
    if it makes you happy, quenches your crave and within your calorie intake - hell yeah! I occasionally treat myself to a cheeseburger happy meal, skip the soda, remove the bun and eat half the fries. BAM!! I'm happy and I don't crave it for at least another month. Pizza, however, is a completely different story. lol
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    Eat it! If it fits, who cares? I'm mulling over a cupcake and have been for 3 days. But decided I'm holding out for one of my sisters giant mini-cakes with double frosting. I don't say anything is off limits. Yeah sure, we can get into that processed, are you really eating what you think you're eating stuff with fast food, but if you want it, eat it.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    if you want it, eat it. Period. Unless you are training to compete, there should be no restrictions on food, if done in moderation.
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    NO! why would you plan to eat JUNK food? that's a plan (recipe) for failure - there are plenty of other choices that are wiser and better and more nutritious. it's call JUNK food for a reason. Reward youself with something wholesome - try something new - you're worth it!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the folks saying go for it! I have a burger every Saturday. Sometimes it's McDonald's, sometimes A &W, sometimes in a fancy restaurant and sometimes one I make on the BBQ. I work out 5 days a week (or try to!), I eat healthy 6 days a week and if one burger a week had the power to derail my hard work than I would throw in the towel! I think to make this a "for life" thing I need to know I can enjoy the things I love (in moderation of course!). It hasn't hurt me so far!! =)

Have your treat, eat it slowly and enjoy the flavor!
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    I think it's frustrating for someone to just say, "no." that's not helpful. It doesn't really matter what everyone on here thinks, it really doesn't. If you're not going to be mad at yourself? Go for it. I have taco bell every now and then when I can fit it into my calories, and I don't regret it. That's the whole deal. If you'll kick yourself for it, don't. If you're craving it, and you can fit it in, go for it.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    No.
  • miss_missa07
    miss_missa07 Posts: 170
    Options
    "within calorie goal = okay" mentality (as I want to live like this forever, a lifestyle change)

I think you hit the nail on the head here! Why deprave yourself from things you enjoy if you are able to fit them within your calorie limit and you plan on eating them again when you're done dieting? The main key to this lifestyle change is finding ways to balance the good and the bad. You shouldn't eat McDonald's every day, but eating it every now and then? No harm in that!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Can you choose another fast food place to help satisfy your craving???? Chik-fil-A is ,uch better, Wendys next. McDonalds is the worst. I know it is tasty but what about pink slime?????

I don't think there is any pink slime in the chicken sandwich. Last time I had one it was a chicken breast on a bun.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm an "everything in moderation" kind of person when it comes to food. Or in the case of McDonald's....tasty food like substance. If it fits within your calorie goal and you don't eat it often, I don't see the harm.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    If I don't plan on giving it up forever, then I don't give it up now. I don't want to be the person that won't ever allow myself to indulge or go out to dinner or have fast food occasionally when I reach my goal weight so I'm not that person now. If it fits in your goals and it isn't an everyday thing, I don't think there's anything wrong with getting it. It's better than depriving yourself and then overdoing it or not knowing how to maintain in the long run!
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Eat McDonalds today, just don't eat it today, tomorrow, and everyday for a week straight.

Personally speaking, when I want McD's what I really want are the fries (and no, no one else's compare IMO). So now, when I want the fries, I get fries and skip out on the rest which I don't really want and don't have nutritional value. So I think you should figure out what item you are really craving, and just get that!

This!!!!

I was so excited the other day to find they have a new size of fry!!! Child size! I think it comes in the Happy Meal, it's 100 calories and 5 grams of fat and just enough greasy potato-ey goodness to satisfy. :bigsmile: I don't order the Happy Meal though, I order a value fry which is $1.00 and ask if they will give me the child size(a wonderfully nice employee was helping me and recommended I do this).
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    The last time I ate there I got the worst tummy ache! It fit into my calories, but I still regretted it.
    If you are really craving it then do it. You may notice how gross it seems to you now and you wont crave it again.
    I mean I cant even look at the chicken, it is so processed and nasty. I dont know how I use to eat there so much before.

This! I used to eat McDonalds all the time. Now, it totally disagrees with me. Like, run to the bathroom right after eating, disagrees. It's so not worth it to me. Once in a rare while, I'll stop there with the family if there are NO other choices. I will get grilled chicken on a salad and maybe have a fry or two from my kids.

That said, I'm a firm believer in not restricting myself. If you can fit it into your calorie/fat allotment, then go for it. Eat what you like and enjoy it. Don't rush through it, savor every bite.