Biggest Pet Peeves at the Gym

Options

Replies

• sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Anyone who talks on their cell phone for more than about a minute needs to get the hell off the equipment or end the call.

And I get really irritated by the women who use the treadmill or elliptical (or any other equipment) at the gym and proceed to chat LOUDLY the entire time, never getting their heart rate up and distracting me from what I'm doing. I don't GAF about your kids, husband, or work drama. Go somewhere else!

And sometimes the dudes in zumba class- some of them are okay, but if you're not even remotely going to follow the routine and just kind of run in place, what is the point? I haven't noticed other women doing that.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    It's not a pet peeve, but I don't understand why some guys workout in jeans and boots. That can't be comfortable.
  • cczar
    cczar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ooohhhhh - where do I start:
    - People who dont wipe off the machines - really???!!! Do you think you don't sweat???? eeeuuwwww!!!!
    - People who dont put things back where they belong - especially when they take something like the medicine balls all the way to the weight workout area.
    - People who get in the swimming lanes, and then have their own little teaparty instead of swimming.
    - Also people who are slow, and then want to swim in the same lane as me - if my breastroke is faster than your freestyle - dont even think about it!!! Share the lane if you are prepated to keep the pace.
    - Guys who try and pick girls up in the gym - seriously!!!??? Do we look like we came here to find a hot date. This is my ME TIME!!!
  • dorkusmalorkus
    Options
    lol id have to agree with the guys hitting on chicks. this one guy in particular gives me the "i'm eye-fking you right now, babe, i know you want to too" look and i have to laugh. hes not too observant of my ring finger.

but the door swings both ways, the chicks that walk out in barely anything. by that i mean shorts that don't even cover the entire *kitten* area (even if you do wipe off the bike, im still not going to use that thing because now its too closely related to a toilet seat) or the chicks that are either unashamed or unaware, wearing booty shorts and a bra when everything's hanging out and jiggling, have some dignity.

the folks who are sucking on some sugar whilst on machines. that's gotta be an obvious no no.
  • lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    people who pull out the same dirty sweaty clothes from their gym bag, slap on some deoderant and come back the next day wearing the same sweaty clothes!! yuk.... you can smell it the minute you walk by them!!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Oh! When I get to the gym first thing in the morning and manager with the key is late! Super annoying!
  • krismonaco
    krismonaco Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    People who spend 45 minutes on a treadmill in slippers or clogs and not work out clothes going 1.5 mph and hogging the machines just cause they have to be there for a class.

Seriously?!? Go walk around the track and let the people who actually WANT to work out use the machines!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    People who think randomly touching a wet wipe to a few spots on a machine actually makes a difference in the amount of germs that are on it.

I may very well have wiped it down, but based on the number of comments about this topic, I'm led to believe that there is an overabundance of germophobes out there. I probably didn't do a job satisfactory to your liking, so if you are so concerned about the sweat left behind by someone else, wipe it down before you get on.

YES! ^^^^^ Thank you :)
  • krismonaco
    krismonaco Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Women that come in with no make up and any old shirt they pull off the floor.

I do this. AND I let my clothes dry in my locker and wear them the next day. I work 60 hours a week, I don't have time, nor do I care what people think about my lack of makeup or laundry.

SO THERE.
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    Squats with no socks, wow, you go girl!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Another peeve.... that the gym is open 24/7 monday- thursday but closes at 9 on Fridays..... What the H! Surely I'm not the only one wanting to get pumped on a Friday night!
  • GFab
    GFab Posts: 75
    Options
    So wait...we should be wearing what exactly? I don't wear nice clothes to work out...anybody else?

i wasn't aware there was a dress code for the gym...i wear shorts, tshirt and sneakers......
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    People texting or playing on their phone as you wait for them to hurry up and finish !
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    General lack of civility/manners and knowing what it means to be part of a civilized society.
    (Large problem inside and outside of the gym)
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    Another peeve.... that the gym is open 24/7 monday- thursday but closes at 9 on Fridays..... What the H! Surely I'm not the only one wanting to get pumped on a Friday night!

Sweating during an awesome workout on a Friday night > Sweating at an overcrowded club, paying $9 for a beer that took you an hour to get
  • GreatVibe
    GreatVibe Posts: 87
    Options
    i know this is kinda rude and sometimes unavoidable but men who smell REALLY REALLY bad running on the tredmil right beside mine. couldn't you have picked a different tredmil :( ?
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    1) I hate it when a person, uses the machine, and just sits on it for during long breaks in between sets.

2) When people don't clear the things they use.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    i know this is kinda rude and sometimes unavoidable but men who smell REALLY REALLY bad running on the tredmil right beside mine. couldn't you have picked a different tredmil :( ?

I actually shower before I head to the gym in order to avoid that. Maybe I'm the only one.
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options

I completely agree with that, if you know your body gets that way, bring something for your hygiene lol.
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This is something new that just started happening (or I just started noticing) Dudes who grab 4 or 5 sets of dumbbells and line them up on the bench. I am PRETTY sure you can only life ONE set at a time. The routine I am doing is five sets with different weights each set and I only take ONE set (the set I am using). Come on guys take one and pass it on!!
    SHEESH!