Should I eat McDonalds?

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

If you really want this to be a lifestyle change and permanent you really should NOT give up everything you love. You can have anything that fits your macros once in a while.

no law says you cant change the things you love. quit loving crap food and problem is solved

I puffy heart crap food. Meh.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Yep always outliers but I think the point of the story is just because somone appears healthy they might not be and it would be my guess that several of the folks mentioned probably didn't visit their doctor recently. If you wanted "super size" me you can clearly see the adverse affects of McDonalds however there are folks that have also "lost" weight only eathing McDonalds. There is a dude that eats a Big Mac every day saw him on TV the other day and he was thin and looked healthy. Everybody is different and everybody processes food differntly. If you have high cholestoral then clearly you shouldn't be eating McDonalds daily.

I agree. If anyone cares, I told the OP that I thought she should do it. I'm not of the opinion that someone should swear off something they like forever just to lose weight (ok, heroin should be sworn off!). But my point was that in my very real, very painful experience, McDonald's every day isn't worth the health risks.

Yes. There are different options at McD's...i'm sure a yogurt is better than a double bacon cheeseburger with fries. But I am gonna say what I have to say because I regret not helping my brother to stop it.

****en sue me for giving a crap, people.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    The chicken nuggets don't seem so bad. They are all white meat and are not fried. They are heated...."nuicked". Last time I checked, the calories didn't look so bad.

I think that is this real problem...people actually believe that the chicken is "all white meat". It does have some white meat, but it also has so much "crap" that it just isnt worth the convenience and low cost to me

In the US, the chicken IS all white meat. And it's deep fried. And it's just food. The FDA would be all over any dangers in it. If preservatives are 'crap' to you, that's one thing. But preservatives are pretty prevalent.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    The chicken nuggets don't seem so bad. They are all white meat and are not fried. They are heated...."nuicked". Last time I checked, the calories didn't look so bad.

I think that is this real problem...people actually believe that the chicken is "all white meat". It does have some white meat, but it also has so much "crap" that it just isnt worth the convenience and low cost to me

In the US, the chicken IS all white meat. And it's deep fried. And it's just food. The FDA would be all over any dangers in it. If preservatives are 'crap' to you, that's one thing. But preservatives are pretty prevalent.

I will never understand why so many people have so much faith in the FDA...but whatever...just dont eat that "just food" very often
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

If you really want this to be a lifestyle change and permanent you really should NOT give up everything you love. You can have anything that fits your macros once in a while.

no law says you cant change the things you love. quit loving crap food and problem is solved

eat enough and you will get a "puffy" heart...lol:wink:
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options

My 100 year old great grandma ate there almost daily too,and died in perfect health

Also, no one dies in perfect health.

lightening bolt? gun shot?

How healthy are you if your heart stops working?

Hmmm?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have no probelms eating McDonalds. I just get the Premium Grilled Classic chicken sandwich with no fries and no drink ( I either bring my own water or if they still have water at the soda machine I get a free small cup of ice water). You will drive yourself crazy craving things you "can't have". If you want it, have it...just don't go overboard and have it all the time. Eat McDonalds then eat better the rest of the day/week. Generally on days I have McDonalds, or another fast food place I let that be the "bad" thing for the day and eat good the rest of the day. I prety much only drink water, all the time, so with drinks I have no issues. This past week I had been CRAVING some chocolate cake with chocolate icing, so I made one. It's delicious too! I just don't go crazy with it and have huge slices. I have a very thin slice a day while it's here, when it's gone I probably won't bake another cake for months. I rarely eat things like that so when I want it I have it. Don't deprive yourself...everything in moderation!! :)
    Options

clearly, from my picture I don't eat too much of anything, but during the week I do try to eat clean, so I can eat what I want (for now) on the weekends. Otherwise, I eat in moderation. :bigsmile:
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    clearly, from my picture I don't eat too much of anything, but during the week I do try to eat clean, so I can eat what I want (for now) on the weekends. Otherwise, I eat in moderation. :bigsmile:

See now! This is what people need to hear! Moderation and balance.... moderation and balance. And working hard.

I hope to someday look half as good as you, lady. You're inspiring!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

yep...you clearly got it goin on...congrats...I imagine lots of hard work and strict dieting...but still curious...what is the attraction to McDonalds...wouldnt a juicy real sirloin burger have more appeal? is it the convenience of McDonalds? I guess I dont get it...but congrats on your achievement
    Options

See now! This is what people need to hear! Moderation and balance.... moderation and balance. And working hard.

I totally did not mean for that to sound all big-headed by any means, just saying I don't eat it all of the time, but thank you!
  • msmarisa21
    msmarisa21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Everyone here should be aware that McDonald's food is not the same in all parts of the world. In most countries outside of the US, the quality of the food is much higher and they actually use all beef in their hamburgers.

It's all about portion control. Have the McDonald's and get what you want. If anything, just eat half. That way you satisfy your brain's craving, without overloading on the calories. Besides, the first couple of bites are really the only ones that count for stimulating your taste buds. After that, it just tastes like any other food.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    MCDONALDS SUCkS !!!!! GO GET a GRIll anD mAKE A REal burgEr!!!!!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options

I totally did not mean for that to sound all big-headed by any means, just saying I don't eat it all of the time, but thank you!

I didn't think so...I know you worked hard. We have chatted in other forums.... I really do think you look amazing..and I like you approach bodybuilding naturally and that you promote moderation in diet. I think you help a lot of people out by being a good role model.
    Options

yep...you clearly got it goin on...congrats...I imagine lots of hard work and strict dieting...but still curious...what is the attraction to McDonalds...wouldnt a juicy real sirloin burger have more appeal? is it the convenience of McDonalds? I guess I dont get it...but congrats on your achievement

definitely mostly convenience. If I'm running all over town and back, its a lot easier to grab and go, but then there are times that I genuinely just want an angus swiss burger and fries, too. But, yes, it is definitely more about the convenience. and, thanks!
    Options

I didn't think so...I know you worked hard. We have chatted in other forums.... I really do think you look amazing..and I like you approach bodybuilding naturally and that you promote moderation in diet. I think you help a lot of people out by being a good role model.

thank you from the bottom of my heart. That means a lot to hear, er, read.
  • Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Mcdonalds foods have crappy stuff in it such as trans fat, unsaturated fats, hfcs, etc just to make people get addicted to their food and keep coming back.. no better than cigarettes.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds foods have crappy stuff in it such as trans fat, unsaturated fats, hfcs, etc just to make people get addicted to their food and keep coming back.. no better than cigarettes.
    They put an addictive chemical in it that makes ya crave it fortnightly!

stuart_mackenzie.jpg
    Options
    They put an addictive chemical in it that makes ya crave it fortnightly!

stuart_mackenzie.jpg

I thought that was Taco Bell?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Eat it. Screw everyone else. Eating ****ty once in a while isn't going to do anything. If you want it, and you can "afford" to have it, then do it. Just don't make it a regular occurrence.